Arbroath vs Ayr United

Well played Arbroath, moved the ball about really well. Could and should really have scored more. 

For ourselves - pathetic.

With my sensible head on its more evidence that the Championship is a tight league and anyone can beat anyone. We're still only 3 points off second.  What worries me is we haven't really played well for 90 mins. Bizarrely, the Morton game was probably our best before the capitulation.

I'm pretty skunnered by that game.

Absolutely horrendous. That starting XI should win that game. Criminal first half, set up horrendously by Kerr.

Arbroath throughly deserve that win. A serious question that will get abuse no doubt... But at what point does Kerr's tenure start getting questioned?

ETA - Best stream all season I'd say.

Zero fight from our lot, they seem very unmotivated.

1 minute ago, malkyshotton said:

To me Chalmers is a luxury player and we can’t afford him in a game like that.

If the luxury is that he's slow and has a poor passing range then I'm guessing were in Lidl. 

7 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:

why?

Got the goal back with the wind so what almost always happens in these situations is the team who is chasing the game piles on the pressure.  We immediately shell it out the park then hardly touch it for 3 or 4 mins, should concede another goal from a penalty and then when we finally get the ball, get caught offside.    It's actually laughable!

2 minutes ago, Ayr23 said:

Absolutely horrendous. That starting XI should win that game. Criminal first half, set up horrendously by Kerr.

Arbroath throughly deserve that win. A serious question that will get abuse no doubt... But at what point does Kerr's tenure start getting questioned?

ETA - Best stream all season I'd say.

Zero fight from our lot, they seem very unmotivated.

Yes, Bring back McCall  -- No, wait, they just were beaten at home by the mighty Peterheed

What about the messiah who is John "Robbo" Robertson ?? -- No, wait, they've just been stuffed by Alloa.

The point is that's football, we didn't play well but we've got no God given right either, Arbroath DID play well and deserved to stuff us, as I say, that's football...........

For all my moaning about Ayr today, credit due to Abroath.  Looked better than us in every area and far more up for the game.  Hard to see why you have been doing so poorly based on that.   Results today certainly showing that the likes of Ayr are still definitely involved in a relegation battle.  

4 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

If the luxury is that he's slow and has a poor passing range then I'm guessing were in Lidl. 

I don't think he's back at full fitness after his knock from last week.

Particularly as the game wore on he got more and more laboured. He was even slower than usual tbf.

Yes, Bring back McCall  -- No, wait, they just were beaten at home by the mighty Peterheed
What about the messiah who is John "Robbo" Robertson ?? -- No, wait, they've just been stuffed by Alloa.
The point is that's football, we didn't play well but we've got no God given right either, Arbroath DID play well and deserved to stuff us, as I say, that's football...........
In no way am I saying we've to bring back McCall, or hire Robertson. I was just putting it out there. At what point do we look for someone else? This league is going to be tight until well after New Year, but my main worry is the lack of motivation. For a while the players looked disinterested at 2-0 down, and the tactics in the first half were way off.

I am not in the Kerr gtf camp at all. Simply wondering what the boundary is between Kerr's doing alright, and Kerr needs to go.

Just now, Trogdor said:

I don't think he's back at full fitness after his knock from last week.

Particularly as the game wore on he got more and more laboured. He was even slower than usual tbf.

He was good against the lower league teams and Alloa but outside those games he lacks the workrate and doesn't back it up with anywhere near enough quality.  

Just now, itzdrk said:

He was good against the lower league teams and Alloa but outside those games he lacks the workrate and doesn't back it up with anywhere near enough quality.  

He dictated things against Morton too (obviously not the entire game) but not seen that from him anything like enough.