Ross County's Next Permanent Manager

Who will be Ross County's Next Permanent Manager?  

142 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Just now, LIVIFOREVER said:

Ask Bobby Barr about that. Scored 2 goals against Falkirk and Hughes sent him to East Fife on loan for not passing the ball instead, and not doing what he was told, completely blanked him when he scored individual goals from taking players on. Our 4-0 humping off Dunfermline was a real low, with him refusing to give up on his predictable playing it out from the back style of footie, Pars players just stayed in our half waiting to mug our CB's when the keeper rolled the ball out to them.

Going to be fun seeing Coll Donaldson having to bring it out from the back all game. 

To be fair, Bobby Barr is an absolute *** w**k who has a chip on his shoulder about pretty much everyone in the game. 

But aye, the overall criticisms of Hughes seem to be the same and there must have been a reason he was out the game for so long so I am willing to accept defeat on this one. 

7 minutes ago, Szamo's_Ammo said:

Sign anyone who has ever played for ICT and now appointing their ex-managers as well.

Would Ross County not be as well moving The Caledonian Stadium over the bridge?

They've taken over the mantle from Aberdeen, except Aberdeen were smart and signed our players when we were a top 6 Premiership team.  Not a mid-table Championship one. #prophets

56 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

He didn't make a single signing in the close season of 2014 because we had such a strong squad. 

I can't believe you have forgotten about Lewis Horner. 

50 minutes ago, PB1994 said:

You are correct and he brought in utter shite such as Nat Wedderburn and Dani Lopez, who actually tripped up over the ball in one of his trial games.

One who tripped over the ball!

Well we are step ahead there, County have already signed such a player, so we can’t blame Big John for that.

Not keen on knocking players, but some of them? I’m sure most try their best, but see the ones that are just taking a wage, hopefully JH will weed them out.

County bottom of the league , deservedly, the stats are not lies, really has been some poor performances, some of the signings made are questionable.

Best if luck to JH, sick of hearing all the negative rubbish.

Let the man get on with the job and hopefully try and turn this around.

At least some Caley fans are trying to look up, quote from “another” Championship clubs supporter, see you next season?

Great ambition.

9 minutes ago, Merkincher Clach & County said:

Well we are step ahead there, County have already signed such a player, so we can’t blame Big John for that.

Not keen on knocking players, but some of them? I’m sure most try their best, but see the ones that are just taking a wage, hopefully JH will weed them out.

County bottom of the league , deservedly, the stats are not lies, really has been some poor performances, some of the signings made are questionable.

At least some Caley fans are trying to look up, quote from “another” Championship clubs supporter, see you next season?

Great ambition.

Read this 3 times now and still none the wiser as to what any of it means.

21 minutes ago, Merkincher Clach & County said:

Great ambition.

D886404B-7014-4B0E-9476-091618CCB85E.jpeg

Saddened at this appointment because I won’t be able to pick Yogi Hughes in the next “who will be the next (add team name) manager” poll.

I’m  a Neil McCann guy now.

Edited by Grover

It genuinely wouldn't surprise me if things work out for him at County. He'll get the backing of the chairman in a financial sense in a way we could never have dreamed of offering. Hughes tried to implement playing out the back from us - the main problem with that was it was reliant on having the likes of Jean Yves M'Voto - a lumbering centre back who was infamously bad on the ball - looking for passes forward to a midfield filled with utter pea-hearted shitebag loanees like Jordan Thomson (who is now an established internationalist somehow) or mediocre diminutive wide men like Chris Johnstone. 

It became absolutely clear after our game away to Hibs that Hughes had become aware that his reputation was going to take a bruising: St Mirren were in tremendous form and the players we had on the pitch (barring a few) were either low on confidence or eyeing up moves in the summer. Obviously, people will look at the St Mirren away post-match interview where he threw the players on the bus. There's the pre-match interview with Ayr where he claimed the kit-man (Simon Pollock) would give the team talk as he'd lose his job and have to go back to work on the railways if we were relegated (he never gave the team talk and is still working for the club despite relegation). Ryan Stevenson said on the Open Goal podcast that before one game, he drew a giant cock on a flipchart and unveiled it when he was going through his tactics.  It's clear that he thrives off bravado and the fact he's been out of a job for three years shows it was quite clear that chairmen have seen him as someone who threw a team under the bus. 

Some of our players (Craig Barr and Ryan Stevenson) said they enjoyed his training and coaching. Others utterly despise Hughes (Bobby Barr, Joel Coustrain). It speaks volumes that someone like Kevin Cuthbert (who comes across as quite relaxed and mild mannered) seemingly ended up coming to blows with Hughes after the Brechin game. When we signed Hughes it was universally praised. I don't think I've ever seen as big a let-down in football as watching his tenure unfold. 

Edited by Broken Algorithms

2 hours ago, PB1994 said:

I know it’s not a thing here in Scotland but I think he would do great at a club where the Director of Football/Recruitment team are the ones bringing the players into the club.

It is a thing in Scottish football. That’s the role Martindale has had with us for a wee while now. Holt was in charge of on the pitch stuff while Martindale handled recruitment with Holt’s input 

2 hours ago, staggy1929 said:

The most confusing part of all of this is that there were multiple better options available and we've gone with the biggest risk of them all. Genuinely a bat shit crazy appointment.

Gary Holt, Tommy Wright and Derek Adams were all much better options that would more than likely keep us up. We've gone from that to someone that could make us really really good or we'll be finished by February.  No idea what's going to happen in January now either.

How do you know that none of the names you've mentioned weren't approached? Maybe they all were and they all passed?

An absolute banter club appointment though. 

He does well when he has a good squad at his disposal, fair enough, but Ross County have probably the worst squad in the league, possibly joint with Hamilton and St Mirren not too far off it. 

This was always the banter, hilarity options on these things and my god it’s finally happened. 

A disaster at Livi and he jumped ships quick.

Remember someone in the stands giving him grief, so he turns around and tells the guy that from now on he should just go shopping with his wife on Saturdays :D