Hearts V Ayr United Football Club

Roberts and Frear were dreadful, more annoyed at Roberts because he looks like he has some ability but he is lazy as f**k and never wants to actually take anyone on.

Much better after we got a kick up the arse, defensively we really need to tighten up.

Edited by Tony Wonder

Aye good point who the f**k ever goes to Tynecastle (even in the premiership) and scores 3 goals but still loses. 

Second time this century.

The last time was when we beat St Johnstone 4-3 on opening day 2015 after our previous promotion.

The last team to lose 5-3 to hearts was Kilmarnock at Tynecastle in 1997/98. Pat Nevin opened the scoring.

2 hours ago, Trogdor said:

I could ask you the same thing. You're hero worshiping last seasons team after 6 league games. Come on? Seriously?

Also, for the record we finished 4th last season. Under Mark Kerr.

McCall gets credit for establishing us as a Championship team no doubt. With significant backing from the board, backing that has continued with Kerr.

9 games into the league season is not the time to dispense with the manager imo. I've seen enough to believe this squad can do much better. The manager should get the chance to demonstrate that. 

We played 27 games last season amassing 40 points. 18 of those points (45%) came in the 9 games before Kerr took charge.

Under Kerr last season we amassed 1.22 points per game. If you apply that to the whole season we would have finished in seventh place - behind Arbroath, Dunfermline and Morton.

I don’t take any pleasure in criticising him as I know this will be hurting him just as much as any of us and I want him to do well, but the pessimism on here is justified. Even in most of our wins this season we’ve been poor and most of our losses come as the result of a complete capitulation.

What a joke each and every one of those five goals were, would help to get a leader at the back, a captain perhaps. 

Going forward we were good, rarely wasteful when over the halfway line. 

Neilson never gives the opposition any credit. Every goal Hearts lose is "sloppy". Seems to be his favourite word. Admittedly, against Dunfermline it was two "poor" goals. So maybe he likes to mix it up a bit when not allocating any credit to his opponents. If he'd been England's manager in the 86 finals he'd have called Maradonna's 2nd goal a "shocking" goal to lose, all those missed tackles by half his team. The man's an arrogant grade 1 pillock.

3 minutes ago, jm86 said:

Neilson never gives the opposition any credit. Every goal Hearts lose is "sloppy". Seems to be his favourite word. Admittedly, against Dunfermline it was two "poor" goals. So maybe he likes to mix it up a bit when not allocating any credit to his opponents. If he'd been England's manager in the 86 finals he'd have called Maradonna's 2nd goal a "shocking" goal to lose, all those missed tackles by half his team. The man's an arrogant grade 1 pillock

Is he wrong like? The defending for all 3 goals was pish.  The 2nd is a great finish, but to allow it to get to that point was poor from a Hearts point of view.

33 minutes ago, eez-eh said:

I don’t take any pleasure in criticising him as I know this will be hurting him just as much as any of us and I want him to do well, but the pessimism on here is justified. Even in most of our wins this season we’ve been poor and most of our losses come as the result of a complete capitulation.

I get that but there needs to be balance. HMIP was using a 6 game period as the benchmark for Kerr. Which was patently unfair and unrealistic. It annoyed me almost as much as McCall's favourite benchmark "remember where we were when I got here!"

To be clear, 4th place is the benchmark. If you take our last full season, 2018/19 we achieved 54 points and finished 4th averaging 1.5 points per game. If you take that as a benchmark then we're 1.5 points behind where we should be - 13.5 points (ironically that would be enough for 4th just now) as opposed to the 12 points we have. That's a fair comparison and we are under performing against that but don't indulge in the pish that he inherited a top of the table team and destroyed it. Absolute nonsense. 

Edited by Trogdor

Did he not finish 3rd in the top flight too? 

Yes. 6 behind Aberdeen, 9 clear of St Johnstone

Opinions will vary on precisely how well he did but It should be sufficient to say that Robbie did at least a pretty good job first time round and the ensuing barrage of calamity and cock up makes it seem like some kind of lost golden age by comparison

29 minutes ago, Tony Wonder said:

Is he wrong like? The defending for all 3 goals was pish.  The 2nd is a great finish, but to allow it to get to that point was poor from a Hearts point of view.

Agree, if it was about solely quality that match would have been 0-0, two gubbins teams with clowns in defence. 

8 minutes ago, Tony Wonder said:

Aye, so finishing absolutely miles ahead of them had nowt to do with having a blank chequebook.

I'm trying to work out if this guy is wooshing us somehow but I genuinely can't see the angle. Neilson, for all the valid criticism of his style, did an excellent job getting us out the championship first attempt. 

2 hours ago, Falcor Roar said:

I'm trying to work out if this guy is wooshing us somehow but I genuinely can't see the angle. Neilson, for all the valid criticism of his style, did an excellent job getting us out the championship first attempt. 

I'm pretty sure that guy's made an appearance in every Hearts thread I've seen this season. At least he's not trying to shoehorn Dunfermline into the conversation this time.

3 minutes ago, Insert Amusing Pseudonym said:

Boyce's goal was pretty good play all round tbf,  so 1 nil Hearts

There'll be about four valid goals the entirety of the Championship this season if this is the criteria. The cup final last week was probably a 0-0 too. Nice wee comfort blanket if your team's been pumped I suppose.