Alloa v Raith

6 hours ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Not sure what you boys are seeing when you say you don’t think that’s a penalty? Mendy clearly barges the back of Buchanan, penalty all day long. The handball one is not a penalty, however. Referee got both correct imo.

You’re on e wind up eh? There’s no chance you can possibly think that is a penalty? That’s less of a penalty that the handball one. Hopefully specsavers is deemed essential during this lockdown cause you’re needing an appointment pal

5 hours ago, TxRover said:

1) Mendy will be re-signed next year unless we get promoted.

I can't see it.  If he was 20 or 21 or thereabouts then I could understand it as even though there's a lot of areas he needs to work on he'd be young with the potential.  

But he turns 27 in a few weeks, he's supposed to be at his peak as a footballer just now yet we're still talking about all the areas he needs to improve in.  He's a nice guy but you can't re-sign somebody because they're a nice guy.  McGlynn took a gamble on Mendy, but it didn't pay off, it happens.   

2 hours ago, SanStarko said:

I can't see it.  If he was 20 or 21 or thereabouts then I could understand it as even though there's a lot of areas he needs to work on he'd be young with the potential.  

But he turns 27 in a few weeks, he's supposed to be at his peak as a footballer just now yet we're still talking about all the areas he needs to improve in.  He's a nice guy but you can't re-sign somebody because they're a nice guy.  McGlynn took a gamble on Mendy, but it didn't pay off, it happens.   

Never said he’ll be re-signed as a starter, but he will be used as a reserve CB, probably with Bene, if we can find a replacement for him, while McKay replaces Davo.

6 hours ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

The thought of him starting against the Pars is more than a little worrying. 

The last time I was worried about a CB facing the Pars was a young, injured Colin Wilson being paired with Dougie Hill.

I am less concerned about Mendy this time around.

3 hours ago, TxRover said:

Never said he’ll be re-signed as a starter, but he will be used as a reserve CB, probably with Bene, if we can find a replacement for him, while McKay replaces Davo.

Pity you didn’t quantify that statement at the time.

For what it’s worth I’m fairly certain it still won’t happen, no matter how much in love you are with the idea of Nando becoming a Rovers star man it’s not happening.

For Rovers to improve season on season they have to recruit better than they have. This season the best central defenders at the club are Musonda, McKay, Bene and Davo (in that order imo). Next season we will likely lose both Musonda and Davo both will likely be replaced with guys contending for starting places. Nando will be gone and Bene will be the back up man covering injuries and suspensions. This season we have 5 centre half’s but that’s primarily only because of the fact that Dave is out for the season and Davo regularly has had back problems, expect us to go (as we have in most seasons) with 4 out and out CBS and bring in flexible cover for fullback who can also play in the middle if required, guys coming in something along the lines of Macca, Tumilty, McKay who we will have and Robbie Deas who we wanted but couldn’t afford.

4 hours ago, Zen Archer Esq. said:

The last time I was worried about a CB facing the Pars was a young, injured Colin Wilson being paired with Dougie Hill.

I am less concerned about Mendy this time around.

It was actually merciful taking Wilson off that game. 

The player was so far out of his depth that his nightmare was painful to watch. 

I doubt Nando would have anywhere near as bad a game. 

15 hours ago, Ebanda's Handyman Services said:

It was actually merciful taking Wilson off that game. 

The player was so far out of his depth that his nightmare was painful to watch. 

I doubt Nando would have anywhere near as bad a game. 

I've just noticed Colin Wilson and Craig Wedderburn play for Dundonald Bluebell, I'll be tuning into BBC Scotland tonight to see how they fare against Queens Park.