Hibs vs The Proper Saints

6 hours ago, Arch Stanton said:

Hates St. Mirren.

Even broke his wrist punching the turf in frustration playing against us.

3 hours ago, Torfason said:

Ironically the one time he wasn’t a wee w****r 😎

A few of us met him in a pub in Glasgow many years ago, the year where he scored the winner against us for Dunfermline at Love Street that nearly relegated us. 

This was after the season ended and his side had gone down. One of my mates was at the bar for his round and recognised him and they started talking. He ended up coming over and talking to us for about 20 minutes just going over the season gone past and how we'd fully deserved it over the piece.

Certainly never struck me as some who hated St Mirren. I know in his shoes, I wouldn't have come over and conversed with 5 fans of a club I hated and just scored a winner against a couple of months earlier. 

He was always a pain in the hole to play against (like John Baird) but never got the genuine dislike for him. 

Edited by djchapsticks

8 hours ago, Lyle Lanley said:

Plus you get excellent commentary from our Irish commentator and Tam McManus. 

David Tanner will also be presenting the show. 

I like Tam McManus, and not just because he tipped us for the top 6 this season. 

Jack Ross and Jim Goodwin putting their wits against each other will be an Intresting watch with both teams going well.  When Paul McGinn and Magennis left I was really gutted these moves at the time  felt like Saints were going to be a lot weaker.  In fact Goodwin's recruitment would make us stronger a lot stronger. The lad Hayes oozes class in midfield very composed you can see he has a big future in the game. Defence is sound as is midfield we dont have a prolific striker though , however it was nice to see both Erwin and Obika score against the fake Saints.  Hibs at home should be favourites . 

The earlier game this season was a tad closer than the score suggested. We had no goalkeepers, a Jambo in goal, were denied a stonewall penalty and the third goal was a handball.

I'm not saying we'll win this, and will will be happy if we at least lay a glove on them this time, but I think we can snatch a point.

1-1. 

Is Magennis likely to start for Hibs, can anyone confirm? Will be interesting to see how he matches up against JDH and, for that matter, Erhahon.

1 minute ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

And wont get. :cheers

St Johnstone to beat Hibs is a huge shout but fair play son.

12 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

The earlier game this season was a tad closer than the score suggested. We had no goalkeepers, a Jambo in goal, were denied a stonewall penalty and the third goal was a handball.

I'm not saying we'll win this, and will will be happy if we at least lay a glove on them this time, but I think we can snatch a point.

1-1. 

Is Magennis likely to start for Hibs, can anyone confirm? Will be interesting to see how he matches up against JDH and, for that matter, Erhahon.

St Johnstone to beat Hibs is a huge shout but fair play son.

Keep dreaming bud, but you just know it'll be the final nae c**t wants. 

See the source image v  See the source image

Seeing Hibs are even money for this. Very surprising as I’d assumed they’d be quite heavily odds on. 

Yes, Saints on a good run, but Hibs have been playing well all season and dismantled a team above us on the league on Saturday. 

Massive game for Saints. Would bite your hand off for a draw at the moment. 

41 minutes ago, Bobby_F said:

Seeing Hibs are even money for this. Very surprising as I’d assumed they’d be quite heavily odds on. 

Yes, Saints on a good run, but Hibs have been playing well all season and dismantled a team above us on the league on Saturday. 

Massive game for Saints. Would bite your hand off for a draw at the moment. 

We’ve only won twice at home in the league all season which probably boosts your chances.

I thought we’d win earlier in the week but the more I think about it, 1-1 again and the St Mirren unbeaten run juggernaut to continue.

6pm is such a weird kick-off time. I'm at work all day and basically usually get an hour and a half with the kids before their bedtime, so I've got zero chance of seeing this, sadly.

Have just clocked that it's on Alba later on... Not a fan of watching games after the fact (knowing the result is 'out there' kills me), but might give it a go tonight.

image.png.9673d9eb7f29c6fa8c89dbde8f2c3f98.png

25 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

6pm is such a weird kick-off time. I'm at work all day and basically usually get an hour and a half with the kids before their bedtime, so I've got zero chance of seeing this, sadly.

Have just clocked that it's on Alba later on... Not a fan of watching games after the fact (knowing the result is 'out there' kills me), but might give it a go tonight.

I’ve done that a few times, every single time it’s been 0-0 or we’ve lost 1-0, so yes, please do it to ensure a 1-0 home win.

1 hour ago, Les Cabbage said:

We’ve only won twice at home in the league all season which probably boosts your chances.

I thought we’d win earlier in the week but the more I think about it, 1-1 again and the St Mirren unbeaten run juggernaut to continue.

Didn't realise your home form was so poor - well, relatively speaking for a team with so many points.

Avoid defeat in this one and we will match a club record that goes back to 1968: 12 competitive games unbeaten during a top flight season.

I think we will lose though. Hibs are a better team than us and they have home advantage after all. I’d maybe get Mason back in from the start and go for the same starting 11 that beat Rangers seven days ago.

We have to lose sometime though, don’t we? I’d much rather it was today than in Dingwall on Saturday. 2-1

1 hour ago, Coventry Saint said:

Done it once. Never again. Avoided the result at Tynecastle all day as I had to work til 2pm. Came home and kept everything switched off so when it came to 6 and the rerun, I sat down to enjoy.

Hearts scored in 2nd minute and we lost 2-0 - I sat ranting at telly the whole time whilst my Mrs. sat on her phone. She waited 'til full time to let me know she'd known we lost 2-0 and I was beeling - if she'd just told me after 3 minutes to turn it off, I'd have done so. :lol: