Hibs vs The Proper Saints

We've played well without having anything in the way of a killer ball. 

Certainly played plenty of tidy football and been more of a match for Hibs than we were at St. Mirren Park but the massive difference of having someone with the quality of Nisbet up top has proven the difference. 

Couple of daft hairy moments at the back right enough. We try to play too intricately across the back four and whilst I understand the patient approach, it's not a good idea with high pressing forwards playing against you. 

7 minutes ago, sergie's no1 fan said:

Trying not to get all pissy about him but he is testing my patience.

Same. I was beginning to mount a 'Lee Erwin might be awright' campaign but he's been gash tonight. Just so maddening.

Mason hasn't offered much either. He very much looks like a full back being asked to play on the wing. It worked against Rangers as he had a defensive role but he's neither neutralised McGinn nor attacked much.

Connolly been quiet too, to be fair, and we resorted to a bit of hit and hope towards the end of the half.

Second edit: aiming balls straight at Connolly is no good. You need to get your main striker providing flick-ons for Dylan to chase the second balls. Straight long balls are too easy to read and he's got no chance.

I could quite easily swap the whole front three for Durmus, Obika and Morias. Edit: maybe McAllister, not Morias.

Edited by Coventry Saint

We look awful in the middle of the park, Cammy and Ethan not playing well at all so far - time to give Flynn a chance surely?

Thought Erwin might play a bit more confidently after his goal on Saturday but clearly not. Drives me mental to see him standing outside the box every time we get a cross in, Mason has been getting in better positions than him.

5 minutes ago, jimmy boo said:
14 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:
Do it. Hibs TV commentary have been excellent, fair and balanced. 

On it now. During the 1st half they said for those listening the audio. Surely its not the same?

Probably is; Cliff is describing everything that people can easily see with their own eyes.

We’ve been very average, and sloppy in possession tonight, but apart from hibs having that bit of quality of up front there really isn’t too much between the teams.

Hopefully we can snatch a late equalizer here!

Edited to add: 2nd half been much more enjoyable listening to the hibs TV commentary! Saints guys were brutal!

Didn't think this was allowed. We've made 5 subs over 4 instances now.

Thought you could only make 3 substitutions or does it not count if one's at half time? 

By 3 substitutions I mean 3 instances of bringing a sub on. I know 5 players is fine. 

Edited by djchapsticks