Hibs vs The Proper Saints

11 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Done it once. Never again. Avoided the result at Tynecastle all day as I had to work til 2pm. Came home and kept everything switched off so when it came to 6 and the rerun, I sat down to enjoy.

Hearts scored in 2nd minute and we lost 2-0 - I sat ranting at telly the whole time whilst my Mrs. sat on her phone. She waited 'til full time to let me know she'd known we lost 2-0 and I was beeling - if she'd just told me after 3 minutes to turn it off, I'd have done so. :lol: 

That's the danger! The stream I was watching for the Rangers game last week had a delay of a couple of minutes, and I couldn't even cope with that. Obviously glad I didn't deny myself the joy of that winner, but I very nearly just looked. 

I wont get to see this either, 6pm in the witching hour in this house and the only thing that'll be on my telly is Doc McStuffins or Peppa Pig. I think it'll be a struggle, Hibs looked pretty good from what I saw at the weekend, despite the result, and look a team that could give someone an absolute doing at pretty soon. I hope that's not us! Like Lex said, we have to lose some point and it would be better here than in Dingwall.

I will be checking the score every couple of minutes as usual when I can't see the game, and only watching it on Alba if we win.

Let’s feckin pump the Hibees.

They have stolen enough players off us the last decade. They even tried to poach Goodwin mid season.

We do share one thing in common though. We all hate those Jambo b*****ds. 

COYS

16 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

The final that would have roughly the same amount of attendees with or without a lockdown. 😉

Pity that attendances don't win cups then, just ask the 39,000 Hibees that left empty handed in the 2004 cup final.

14 hours ago, Ric said:

Ooft, that's fucking vicious.. :lol:

Yeah never had anyone mentioning attendances before, it was quite a barb.

Edited by LIVIFOREVER

13 minutes ago, Yflab said:

Let’s feckin pump the Hibees.

They have stolen enough players off us the last decade. They even tried to poach Goodwin mid season.

We do share one thing in common though. We all hate those Jambo b*****ds. 

COYS

Its nothing personal......

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/jack-ross-makes-hibs-nothing-23209050

1 hour ago, Coventry Saint said:

That's the danger! The stream I was watching for the Rangers game last week had a delay of a couple of minutes, and I couldn't even cope with that. Obviously glad I didn't deny myself the joy of that winner, but I very nearly just looked. 

I was a bawhair away from chucking watching the Rangers game at 1-0 after seeing how we'd played the first 25 minutes as I was certain it was going to be 5 or 6. I persevered with the game at Ibrox at the start of the season and had no notion of sitting through it again.

16 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

I was a bawhair away from chucking watching the Rangers game at 1-0 after seeing how we'd played the first 25 minutes as I was certain it was going to be 5 or 6. I persevered with the game at Ibrox at the start of the season and had no notion of sitting through it again.

I was meant to be wrapping presents. Made decent progress during the first half, but productivity absolutely plummeted when we went to 1-1. 

It’s not a ‘love-in’ fixture, but it’s certainly a ‘no reason to detest each other’ fixture, which is nice. Especially this year, when the last thing any of us need is more aggro’..... having said that, 3-0, Saints, and GIRFUY Ross ya’ player-thievin’, kit man poaching, handsome basturt’... 😎

Just now, pozbaird said:

It’s not a ‘love-in’ fixture, but it’s certainly a ‘no reason to detest each other’ fixture, which is nice. Especially this year, when the last thing any of us need is more aggro’..... having said that, 3-0, Saints, and GIRFUY Ross ya’ player-thievin’, kit man poaching, handsome basturt’... 😎

I love that he was making big doe eyes at any club that'd have him in early 2018, left us in the lurch and did no squad prep for the 18-19 season (P. McGinn aside), poached Craig Samson, Paul McGinn and Kyle Magennis... but it's the kit man departure that seems to be the straw that broke the camel's back 😂

1 minute ago, Coventry Saint said:

I love that he was making big doe eyes at any club that'd have him in early 2018, left us in the lurch and did no squad prep for the 18-19 season (P. McGinn aside), poached Craig Samson, Paul McGinn and Kyle Magennis... but it's the kit man departure that seems to be the straw that broke the camel's back 😂

It wasn’t just the kit man per’ se’ though. Apparently the kit man photocopied ‘Fitzy’s Guide to Being a Top 4 Team’ and now Jack knows all our secrets. 

1 hour ago, pozbaird said:

It’s a ‘love-in’ fixture, but it’s certainly a ‘no reason to detest each other’ fixture, which is nice. Especially this year, when the last thing any of us need is more aggro’..... having said that, 3-0, Saints, and GIRFUY Ross ya’ player-thievin’, kit man poaching, handsome basturt’... 😎

FTFY

Edited by Lyle Lanley

30 minutes ago, buddie06smfc said:

I see Grimsby Town are looking for a new manager, a certain Jack Ross is a very interested party in these developments. As he was when touting himself for the Celtic job a couple weeks back.

I can't see it. I think he'll bide his time at Hibs until the Scotland job comes up. It's always been his stated aim.

9 minutes ago, Lofarl said:

We’re owed from that time we let you draw us when you needed to stay up.  We will call in that debt in the final 

There was also that time you let Stelios score twice against you in a 2-0 earlier that season. It was very good of you.

Edit: Here's how the table stood at the end of that game. Utterly nuts how far we've come since then. Credit to @Dunning1874 for his fantastic 'sliding doors' post that highlighted the different paths us and Raith have been on since Hughes turned down our manager job earlier that season.

image.png.83ec72032b735d534a2ac698ef3c6664.png

Edited by Coventry Saint

IMG_4353.jpg

Doyle-Hayes out for McPherson and Durmus out for Mason are the changes from Saturday.

Can only assume JDH is injured as he isn’t in the squad, he’ll be a big miss. Mason in for Durmus makes sense in a game like this.