St Mirren v The Rangers 2012 30/12/20

1 minute ago, The_Kincardine said:

The Big Buff has to start on Wed.

We were under the cosh today but he took all the pressure off when he came on - a masterful cameo.

Agreed - we are at our best when we've both Morelos and Roofe out there.

I'd go McGregor, Tavernier, Goldson, Helander, Barisic, Kamara, Zungu, Aribo, Kent, Morelos, Roofe

2 hours ago, bennett said:

£12.50 for this one?

Seems pretty reasonable at that price, can't see any complaints about it.

Seen a few Rangers fans on twitter losing the head about having to pay the PPV money for the St. Johnstone game the other night, demanding no Rangers fan buys the stream and they all watch it on Hesgoal. Slightly rich coming from Rangers fans who, up until the afore mentioned St. Johnstone game, had every away match televised at the same time as fans of other clubs would have had to have paid out well over £100 to watch their own teams away games. Not getting at you personally but some Rangers fans genuinely believe the world revolves around them, they’re not the moon. 

5 hours ago, buddie06smfc said:

That and more challenges like Erhahon's in the cup game when Craigan or some other Rangers cheerleader on commentary wanted him sent off. 

It wasn't Craigan, he rightly said the other commentator was talking nonsense. Not sure who the other commentator for the game was, but it was him. 

1 hour ago, IrishBhoy said:

Seen a few Rangers fans on twitter losing the head about having to pay the PPV money for the St. Johnstone game the other night, demanding no Rangers fan buys the stream and they all watch it on Hesgoal. 

I know it will never catch on here but how about dealing with the way the P&B Bears see things?  Isn't this the best basis for a discussion on our own forum?

6 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

I know it will never catch on here but how about dealing with the way the P&B Bears see things?  Isn't this the best basis for a discussion on our own forum?

I was only passing comment, not accusing anyone on here.

It’s a football forum and I mentioned a football teams supporters, hardly worth losing the head over. If fans act like a bunch of dicks in a stadium do we not mention it because it didn’t happen on this forum?

8 minutes ago, IrishBhoy said:

I was only passing comment, not accusing anyone on here.

It’s a football forum and I mentioned a football teams supporters, hardly worth losing the head over. If fans act like a bunch of dicks in a stadium do we not mention it because it didn’t happen on this forum?

Batter on with your tropes, mate.

2 hours ago, IrishBhoy said:

Seen a few Rangers fans on twitter losing the head about having to pay the PPV money for the St. Johnstone game the other night, demanding no Rangers fan buys the stream and they all watch it on Hesgoal. Slightly rich coming from Rangers fans who, up until the afore mentioned St. Johnstone game, had every away match televised at the same time as fans of other clubs would have had to have paid out well over £100 to watch their own teams away games. Not getting at you personally but some Rangers fans genuinely believe the world revolves around them, they’re not the moon. 

What is it about Old Firm fans that makes them so spiteful? 

I have used Hesgoal a few times this season, but only because I wasn't going to see the full match. I paid £15 today for Ross County, and felt like I was doing something good.

23 minutes ago, Ralstonite said:

What is it about Old Firm fans that makes them so spiteful? 

I have used Hesgoal a few times this season, but only because I wasn't going to see the full match. I paid £15 today for Ross County, and felt like I was doing something good.

With the Rangers fans I think it still boils down to the hilarious ‘sink us and we will sink you’ patter that became popular after they were liquidated. They can’t be seen to be putting money into other clubs after the rest of Scottish football stood laughing when they went bust. Not really seen any comment from Celtic fans but their own club doesn’t even bother to stream matches to away fans, or their own fans without a season ticket, which still remains an absolute disgrace. 

As you say I’ve purchased every stream through the official channels with the exception of Livingston, who priced themselves out of my hard earned when they decided to charge £20 when the majority of the clubs were charging around £12.50. Nothing wrong with using Hesgoal to dip in and out if you aren’t sitting for the full game, but in these times when clubs can’t rely on match day revenue I don’t mind paying for the stream. 

43 minutes ago, IrishBhoy said:

With the Rangers fans I think it still boils down to the hilarious ‘sink us and we will sink you’ patter that became popular after they were liquidated. They can’t be seen to be putting money into other clubs after the rest of Scottish football stood laughing when they went bust. Not really seen any comment from Celtic fans but their own club doesn’t even bother to stream matches to away fans, or their own fans without a season ticket, which still remains an absolute disgrace. 

As you say I’ve purchased every stream through the official channels with the exception of Livingston, who priced themselves out of my hard earned when they decided to charge £20 when the majority of the clubs were charging around £12.50. Nothing wrong with using Hesgoal to dip in and out if you aren’t sitting for the full game, but in these times when clubs can’t rely on match day revenue I don’t mind paying for the stream. 

Celtic don't stream matches to anyone but season ticket holders?! WTF is that all about? It's unlike the Old Firm to miss out on a revenue stream. I appreciate that a lot of their games will be televised anyway, but still. I can only think they don't want to devalue the season ticket - it's caused some controversy that Saints season ticket holders have paid more per game than those who PPV, for example. If I wanted to be thrifty, I could have bought one ST and the whole family could watch the games, but it was about helping out the club.

I actually thought Ross County's setup was very professional, and commentary was provided for away fans via our own TV. I can't really complain for £15, and will probably watch a few more games like that.

25 minutes ago, Ralstonite said:

Celtic don't stream matches to anyone but season ticket holders?! WTF is that all about? It's unlike the Old Firm to miss out on a revenue stream. I appreciate that a lot of their games will be televised anyway, but still. I can only think they don't want to devalue the season ticket - it's caused some controversy that Saints season ticket holders have paid more per game than those who PPV, for example. If I wanted to be thrifty, I could have bought one ST and the whole family could watch the games, but it was about helping out the club.

I actually thought Ross County's setup was very professional, and commentary was provided for away fans via our own TV. I can't really complain for £15, and will probably watch a few more games like that.

I think that’s exactly it, the season ticket holders are paying ridiculous amounts of money at Parkhead. Although why away fans should be denied the opportunity to watch their team play because Celtic think nothing of extorting their own fans is unknown. 

The only issue I’ve had with any of the streams was the last 5 minutes of St Mirren V Ross County back at the start of the season. Been able to cast the stream onto my TV as well and the quality has been as good as can be expected. It’s not HD or anything like it but passable for what it is. 

Fear for St Mirren here, tbh. 

Is that a Dundee fan fearing for us? 🤣 You should be more worried about your own mid table battle than ours tbh.

After our win yesterday the pressure is off us a bit here. We will finish the year in 7th or 6th (assuming the appeal isn’t heard until the new year) and in the semi of the cup. As first half’s to a season go... it’s been pretty damn good, no matter what happens in this one.

Would like to see the same starting 11 that beat them two weeks ago. Get Tavernier straight back in Mason’s pocket. We will probably lose but that was true in the cup game. Bit of luck and there’s no reason why we can’t sneak something.

1-1