Raith v Queens

Didn't pick up a second ball all night + short corners that we made a c**t of instead of piling on top of the young 'keeper + hoofball = Shite. 

No impact from anywhere on the pitch and defensive frailties leading to both goals. Thought Nando should have covered the angle rather than come across to assist Tumilty after his mistake. 

Shit happens. On to the next one. 

Never said he was magic [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23] just calling out the roasters on here who point the finger at the nominated scapegoat of the season, despite the shocking performances from the "favourites" Rovers fans eh? Always the way [emoji85]

Sadly I did. It’s a game of opinions. Persist with your ‘Mendy is magic’ assessment. Hopefully for all our sakes you prove me wrong. 

We have only lost 2 games, against teams we have played twice and both times they shut down our midfield both times and there seems to be no plan B whch is worrying. If other teams sus us out  this has all the hallmarks of the Gary Locke season !!

We have only lost 2 games, against teams we have played twice and both times they shut down our midfield both times and there seems to be no plan B whch is worrying. If other teams sus us out  this has all the hallmarks of the Gary Locke season !!

Time to lay off that Xmas drink mate

Just now, keyser_soze said:

Yeah this round of games will tell us an awful lot about this team and tonight was not a good start. 

Hahaha

I've upset the clique tonight [emoji23]
Hardly upset. I said half way through the second half against Alloa mendy was "not very good" I had a lot of people argue against it. A few of them have actually spoke of his mistakes tonight instead of being star struck by a guy who can header a ball in the direction they are facing.

I came to Mendy's defence - to some extent - after the weekend, but he was quite clearly dreadful tonight. That doesn't necessarily define him as a player, any more than Hendry or Duku's poor showings define them, but to try and paint his performance tonight as anything other than significantly sub-Championship is fanciful. 

6 minutes ago, RavyDavy said:

Never said he was magic emoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.png just calling out the roasters on here who point the finger at the nominated scapegoat of the season, despite the shocking performances from the "favourites" Rovers fans eh? Always the way emoji85.png

The whole team was rank rotten tonight, no denial there. Mendy hasn’t convinced me in any of his performances this seasons. Tonight he was very poor.  Hope he improves over the course of the season but my opinion, and it is just an opinion, is that he’s not championship standard. Neither is Benedictus to be fair 

I didn't watch the Alloa game but to be fair playing football in a storm probably isn't the easiest. For me, he had a solid enough game tonight. Too many people ready to jump on his back having not yet got over the Dundee game last season.

As someone pointed out earlier, he's our 5th choice CB and I'm not sure he's worse than Mackay [emoji848]

Far worse performances tonight... Bene, Tumility, Ross, Armstrong, Henry, Tait... even Duku was brutal.

Hardly upset. I said half way through the second half against Alloa mendy was "not very good" I had a lot of people argue against it. A few of them have actually spoke of his mistakes tonight instead of being star struck by a guy who can header a ball in the direction they are facing.

Guest TOPFITTER
35 minutes ago, Mustafa_sheet said:

Brilliant result Queens.... hopefully this will kick start our season.
The big question is will Skyline come out of hiding tonight?!

When he gets back from Kirkcaldy I would have thought.

Well, well, well... that was a bolt from the blue!

First half we actually for once looked like a team that had been given instructions and played them out.  Second half we sat too deep but were helped out immensely by Raith's failure to do anything whatsoever in midfield , exploit our well documented weakness in defending crosses and their continued attempts to lump the ball up to an always offside Duku.  We still need to find a way of dropping Pybus, but that aside a good night for Queens.

As for Raith, yes Mendy was pish, but Tumulty out-pished him tonight I thought.

No consolation to Raith fans but I thought that Raith TV was top notch.

I didn't watch the Alloa game but to be fair playing football in a storm probably isn't the easiest. For me, he had a solid enough game tonight. Too many people ready to jump on his back having not yet got over the Dundee game last season.

As someone pointed out earlier, he's our 5th choice CB and I'm not sure he's worse than Mackay [emoji848]

Far worse performances tonight... Bene, Tumility, Ross, Armstrong, Henry, Tait... even Duku was brutal.

We didn't have a single player play well tonight. Our best imo was Thomson because he made a decent save while left isolated.

I defended mendy last season. He's been pretty woeful at this level, even as a 5th choice. All he has is an aerial presence, which consists of him heading high, rather than with purpose.

First of all, well done Queens. By far the better team tonight. 

As for ourselves? That was shocking - no other way of putting it. I can't recall a performance where all of our outfield players were terrible, but that was what happened this evening. Not a single pass mark amongst them. 

Our defending has been poor at times, and so it was again. Mendy is a liability; OK he's good in the air, but he has a horrible knack of putting us under pressure and, quite frankly, that bit of defending where Pybus fluffed his free header was beyond any piece of rational thinking. What the hell was he playing at? I get that the launch yourself at everything attitude can be endearing, but he isn't good enough. Bene wasn't any better either and Tumilty was utterly dreadful as well. I think he managed to find a white jersey once in the game with a pass/cross - a disaster of a performance which he capped by chucking away Queens' second. Were it not for the lack of options we have due to injuries, I'd be leaving him on the sidelines for next week. 

As for the midfield, I don't know where to start. The central three were all utterly useless and had zero impact upon the game. Granted we haven't been in the business of shelling it at Duku this season, but it was like they'd forgotten to take their places on the pitch. Ross and Armstrong were off it tonight as well, but I do think McGlynn erred by taking them off first and leaving the central three as they were until Spencer was introduced. They are capable of creating something from nothing, which neither Matthews nor Tait are, and we got a free kick in Armstrong's range immediately after he was subbed. I haven't mentioned Hendry here, which is appropriate as his performance was forgettable. 

Up front? I'll be polite and say lacklustre. Dreadful service provided, not least from Tumilty's fondness for passing the ball to the opposition, but Duku was off the boil tonight and Lars/Ugwu didn't really do much either when they came on. Indeed, they just looked slow and stecky. 

Lastly, Queens had a 16 year old in goal tonight who was thrust into the starting XI with almost no notice at all. Thought the lad didn't put a foot wrong so fair play to him given the circumstances, but really that's something we should've been taking to our advantage: fire the ball at him as much as you can, pressure him from corners and get the ball right on top of him. Instead it took us until 74mins by my calculations to force a save and we wasted three early corners by playing them short and making an arse of the situation. Inexcusable. 

Overall, a honking performance and a hugely missed opportunity to put some ground between ourselves and the midtable pack.