Raith v Queens

That was benedictuses fault [emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787] if the silly c**t hadn't have dived in at the half way line, the chance doesn't happen... just like when he ran like a headless chicken at the ball for the first call. Have a lie down and get off the Mendy bandwagon.

Mendy was absolutely dreadful tonight. The positioning for the Thomson save was amongst the worst you will ever see. 

1 minute ago, RavyDavy said:

Every player with the exception of Thomson and Mendy were fucking awful... Benedictus needs dropped after that, Tumilty has been shit for weeks but the level of abuse on here for Mendy is unjustified. Seems like we've found another scapegoat. Far worse performances than him tonight... open your eyes.

Mendy was shit tonight.  Thomson the only player with pass marks 

He's not the best, but not "incredibly poor"... I've seen far worse in a Rovers shirt at this level.

It a game of opinions but good luck with that view. He’ll get murdered against the likes of Hearts, Dunfermline and Dundee. He’s incredibly poor 

1 minute ago, RavyDavy said:

He's not the best, but not "incredibly poor"... I've seen far worse in a Rovers shirt at this level.

All were shit tonight granted but take a look at the Queens boys free header in the second half. That tells you all you need to know about Mendy’s defensive ability. 

The second goal at the end probably put a fairer reflection on things. 

Rovers have, quite rightly, been praised to the hilt so far this season, but they've got to take the stick for that shitshow tonight. 

Professional football players really shouldn't need told this, but surely someone at some point might have thought it a good idea to fire a few shots in at a 16 year old who would barely have had time to warm up? 

3 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

I think a lot of Rovers fans predicted literally this exact thing.

Aye fair enough. That is true.

This result will have been a surprise to everyone else though. 

Genuinely can’t believe what I’ve watched tonight. I get that we will have off nights but everything that we have done right recently was missing.

We have had success all season through moving the ball quickly through midfield. I get we were slack tonight and that wasn’t working but it was quite alarming to watch how quickly we ran out of ideas. Barry Smith type stuff for the last 20 minutes in particular shelling long ball after long ball down the throat of Obileye, embarassing stuff. In fairness to McGlynn, his hands were tied somewhat by the options on the bench. We really miss a Vaughan or a similar type player to inject a bit of craft and guile from the bench when plan A isn’t working. 

Credit to Queens, we surely can’t play as badly as that all season but whilst not wholly responsible they definitely contributed to our poor performance in a big way.

Credit to the young 16 year old keeper also. He didn’t really have anything to do but his kicking was good and the couple of things he did have to do, he did calmly and confidently.

The team have been outstanding this season so hopefully this is just blip. Big reaction required on Saturday or we are in trouble. I’d expect a couple of changes after tonight.

Anyone praising Mendy I suggest you watch that part in the highlight for their free header. Mendy literally leaves their player and runs to the front post for no reason.

Horrendous performance tonight summed up by Tumilty for their 2nd goal. Yes it's only one game but the lack of effort tonight was really worrying. Poor attitude from start to finish.

Much better performance tonight helped by a real Rovers “off night”.
Great first half performance but started to panic in last 25 minutes. Can’t believe how little keeper had to do. Obileye absolutely outstanding tonight - credit where it’s due. Bad luck that our big second half chance fell to Pybus after a good move.

1 minute ago, Ding Dang Doo said:

I suggest you watch that part in the highlights. Mendy literally leaves their player and runs to the front post for no reason.

Horrendous performance tonight summed up by Tumilty for their 2nd goal. Yes it's only one game but the lack of effort tonight was really worrying. Poor attitude from start to finish.

tumilty thought he was Jim baxter at Wembley playing keepy uppy 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️ 

This sums up what we all probably knew. It’s all about surviving in this league. We’ve had a good start, but we have a horrendous set of fixtures in January. Nick a few points here and there and be on for a rough run in to the end of the season. Still optimistic we can survive but we need to play better than tonight against the teams near the bottom.