Dundee United v Saintees 9 January 2021

Lewis Neilson did not deal with the ball forward at all well, but I don't want to be too harsh on a 17 year old central defender. He'll learn. It's not his fault he has to do his learning in this environment

Edited by Sarto Mutiny

I'll never understand Spoony's band of haters. What a player he is.
Most important renewal to get done imo. Should be first name on every teamsheet.

Great to see a bit of quality in the last third for a change. Look a bit ropey at the back, really not a fan of Rooney in that back three. Be happy to see Tanser on and rearrange that back line into something more comfortable.

1 minute ago, nelsjfc said:

Most important renewal to get done imo. Should be first name on every teamsheet.

Great to see a bit of quality in the last third for a change. Look a bit ropey at the back, really not a fan of Rooney in that back three. Be happy to see Tanser on and rearrange that back line into something more comfortable.

I’d still prefer a back four but doesn’t look like that’s ever going to happen again. Is Tanser injured?

8 minutes ago, Sarto Mutiny said:

It's our second choice midfield pairing, and it shows

Not as good as Butch and Fuchs, but they’ve been pretty decent so far.

Our big problem is that playing three at the back limits our options further forward AND doesn’t make us any more solid at the back.

Just now, derek_holmes said:

Yes. Best attributes seem to be his comfort on the ball and his ability to sense and snuff out danger.

Dived in on the lead up to their goal instead of shepherding the boy up the line. Clearly out of position but doing his best. Has put some good tackles in but can’t afford to dive in every time like the goal. 

36 minutes ago, C. Muir said:

Is there anywhere I can listen to this? Or even better watch but the former will do as it's my own fault I can't watch it for being a tightarse and not buying Dundee Utds stream

Hes goal has it.  Saints second goal was a peach!!

16 minutes ago, The Real Saints said:

I don’t know if I’m happy or raging to see that Guy Melamed seems to be exactly what we’ve been missing throughout the entire time he’s been at the club.

This is where I'm at. 

He's quick, direct, hungry, shoots a lot, scores and has a good first touch.  It's superb to see.

but we've scored less than a goal a game this season and we've barely played the lad.. WTF?!