Aberdeen v Rangers - 10th Jan

Just now, afc_blockhead said:

Secvo have had 4 penalties given against them in 3 seasons in the league. 

Aberdeen haven't had a penalty against Sevco in Glasgow since the early 90s.

Im sure you have a standard response for these facts too

Bore off, you fucking dullard.

3 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

Playing a rampant Livi at the pasta bowl?  Better stick in with the xG, mate.

The livi juggernaut doesn’t rely on Masonic referees and Tory linesmen. They have my respect as the real superpower of Scottish football. 

13 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

These "newish" Rangers fans are getting a wee bit uppity, just like their green and white cousins before 9.75 in a row went up in smoke.

What's up with you?  Forgot to put your pipe out and it burned a hole in your cardigan pocket?

The P&B Cubs have breathed new life in to a moribund group of fans and are very welcome.

23 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

These "newish" Rangers fans are getting a wee bit uppity, just like their green and white cousins before 9.75 in a row went up in smoke.

Good going old geezer (like me) for getting the Rangers fans going on the day they go 22 points clear. That deserves an award. (But not a penalty one)

1 hour ago, Left Back said:

Main could have been deemed as endangering the safety of an opponent which is serious foul play.

both his feet are off the floor which means you’re out of control.

I'll remember this the next time I see a defender jumping for a header.  Utterly bizarre take on what is serious foul play.

Not wanting to defend Aberdeen particularly here but the cup final tackle on,I think, GMS was serious foul play that went unpunished.  Not even a yellow card, so for those that say the refs can't make up their own rules then, sorry you are either trolling or a referee.  Referees apply the own judgement on every decision.

1 hour ago, 10menwent2mow said:

Once again, I'm sure Mr Beaton applied the rules correctly and had rangers been chasing an equaliser we'd have seen the exact same thought processes applied.

The amount of time pissed away in a 90 min football match is embarrassing, even without teams time-wasting.

It does sound like sour grapes but there are far fewer occasions when you think too long has been added than not enough.

We were on the attack, the two minutes hadn’t elapsed, and he blew his whistle. I could accept that if all referees did that. They don’t. The vast, vast majority would have played on until our attack either led to a goal, or broke down. Frustrating, but that’s what we’re up against.

5 minutes ago, strichener said:

I'll remember this the next time I see a defender jumping for a header.  Utterly bizarre take on what is serious foul play.

Not wanting to defend Aberdeen particularly here but the cup final tackle on,I think, GMS was serious foul play that went unpunished.  Not even a yellow card, so for those that say the refs can't make up their own rules then, sorry you are either trolling or a referee.  Referees apply the own judgement on every decision.

You’re at it and blatantly misinterpreting what I said.

Both feet off the floor is out of control.  That in itself isn’t an offence but is contributory to lunging if you’re moving toward someone, which is an offence.  If you run into an empty space of the pitch and do a two footed lunge you aren’t endangering an opponent so no offence has been committed.

Are you talking about the head clash incident?  FWIW I agree a red card should have been shown.  That’s not referees making up the rules, that’s incompetence which is a serious problem in Scotland.

We were on the attack, the two minutes hadn’t elapsed, and he blew his whistle. I could accept that if all referees did that. They don’t. The vast, vast majority would have played on until our attack either led to a goal, or broke down. Frustrating, but that’s what we’re up against.
You are forgetting the minute that Goldson lay on the ground during the two minutes stoppage time. Utter nonsense. As I say, probably wouldn't have made a difference but how they got to two minutes to start with and then playing bang on 2, nonsense. But shit like this just constantly gets swept under the carpet. It's incompetent and it happens every single fucking week.

8 minutes ago, 10menwent2mow said:
35 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

You are forgetting the minute that Goldson lay on the ground during the two minutes stoppage time. Utter nonsense. As I say, probably wouldn't have made a difference but how they got to two minutes to start with and then playing bang on 2, nonsense. But shit like this just constantly gets swept under the carpet. It's incompetent and it happens every single fucking week.

Not sure what the rush was.  It's not like he could nip down to the Crown to celebrate with his fellow bears after the game.

Screenshot_20210110-194247_Chrome.jpg

7 minutes ago, 10menwent2mow said:
33 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

This is shown when teams, including the national team, play under foreign refs that tend to use less “judgement” as it was put.  Cautions, red cards and fouls are dished out for things the players are used to getting away with because referees in Scotland fail to apply the laws.

1 hour ago, afc_blockhead said:

Secvo have had 4 penalties given against them in 3 seasons in the league. 

Aberdeen haven't had a penalty against Sevco in Glasgow since the early 90s.

Im sure you have a standard response for these facts too

1 hour ago, The_Kincardine said:

Bore off, you fucking dullard.

C'mon min, seriously you expected an answer.

Kinky will be in a gin infused coma by this time on a Sunday evening

Has Michael Stewart ever fully agreed with any decision which went in our favour.....

Michael Stewart fires Rangers red card rule rant as pundit issues Curtis Main 'barely touches him' claim

Pundit Michael Stewart insists Rangers were lucky to be playing against 10-man Aberdeen as he slammed the decision to send off Ryan Hedges.

The Welshman clipped the heel of Alfredo Morelos after letting the sneaky striker get goalside, receiving his marching orders as well as conceding a penalty.

The contact was accidental but under the IFAB laws of the game only an attempt to play the ball sees a red card reprieve when the offence is denying a goalscoring opportunity.

Aberdeen boss Derek McInnes revealed that John Beaton had explained the decision, explaining he had no choice but to send off the 24-year-old.

But Stewart insists Hedges should only have been cautioned as he shrugged off a letter of the law interpretation.

Speaking on Sportscene, he said: "I don't think it is a red card

we  can debate all day long but I would suggest there is enough space within the rules for it not to be.

"It says that if you attempt to challenge and win the ball but you give away a foul you'll be yellow carded.

"All the other offences - e.g holding, pulling or pushing - none of them are (yellow cards).

So my problem is the rule was unjustly changed a few years ago to create a fairness so there wasn't a triple whammy: you get a penalty against you, you get a red card and you get suspended.

"So there's a fairness if you attempt to win the ball.

"I would suggest that incident actually isn't covered within the law at the moment. 

He didn't try to challenge, so if you change it over and you say, 'if you deliberately foul the player, hold, pull or push, you'll be red carded' then all other incidents would be a cautionable offence

"That covers everything, whereas I would suggest that the law at the moment doesn't cover that incident which is where I think common sense should come into it.

"I don't think any fair-minded football supporter looks at that and thinks that's fair for Ryan Hedges to be sent off."

Edited by bennett

Just now, bennett said:

Has Michael Stewart ever fully agreed with any decision which went in our favour.....

Pundit Michael Stewart insists Rangers were lucky to be playing against 10-man Aberdeen as he slammed the decision to send off Ryan Hedges.

The Welshman clipped the heel of Alfredo Morelos after letting the sneaky striker get goalside, receiving his marching orders as well as conceding a penalty.

The contact was accidental but under the IFAB laws of the game only an attempt to play the ball sees a red card reprieve when the offence is denying a goalscoring opportunity.

Aberdeen boss Derek McInnes revealed that John Beaton had explained the decision, explaining he had no choice but to send off the 24-year-old.

But Stewart insists Hedges should only have been cautioned as he shrugged off a letter of the law interpretation.

we  can debate all day long but I would suggest there is enough space within the rules for it not to be.

"It says that if you attempt to challenge and win the ball but you give away a foul you'll be yellow carded.

"All the other offences - e.g holding, pulling or pushing - none of them are (yellow cards).

So my problem is the rule was unjustly changed a few years ago to create a fairness so there wasn't a triple whammy: you get a penalty against you, you get a red card and you get suspended.

"I would suggest that incident actually isn't covered within the law at the moment. 

He didn't try to challenge, so if you change it over and you say, 'if you deliberately foul the player, hold, pull or push, you'll be red carded' then all other incidents would be a cautionable offence

"That covers everything, whereas I would suggest that the law at the moment doesn't cover that incident which is where I think common sense should come into it.

"I don't think any fair-minded football supporter looks at that and thinks that's fair for Ryan Hedges to be sent off."

He’s disagreeing with the law not the decision. He’s right. 

1 minute ago, bennett said:

The failed trialist wants the rules changed because Sevco.