Livungstoppable vs Celtic - Wed 20th Jan 2021

27 minutes ago, GordonS said:

True, but Celtic have beaten Livi this season while they drew their only game with Aberdeen.

We have only played them once (in the league) in fairness so hard to tell at this point.

Despite my scorn, I'd be disappointed if we didn't get two points or more from the games. 

19 minutes ago, LiviLion said:

When? Genuine question as I can't remember any Celtic penalty shouts.

McCrorie clocking Duffy when he came for the freekick and missed it. If Duffy had got the header rather than Elyounoussi, it was a stonewaller. 

Thought we were lucky to get away with it at the time.

4 minutes ago, EdinburghLivi said:

McCrorie clocking Duffy when he came for the freekick and missed it. If Duffy had got the header rather than Elyounoussi, it was a stonewaller. 

Ah yeah of course, I do remember being surprised Collum never pointed to the spot there.

Sorry to rain on Livi’s parade, but did they not get the COVID memo?!? Goal celebrations were bad enough, but understandable. However Martindale on  Sportscene “even the boys that were not on the bench were in the changing room high fiving the boys”.  Hmm...

Edited by Ann Dan Otherthing

It's 2 players challenging for the ball...Duffy jumps into McCrorie just as much.

3 minutes ago, Cptn Hooch said:
19 minutes ago, EdinburghLivi said:

It's 2 players challenging for the ball...Duffy jumps into McCrorie just as much.

The last replay angle in slow mo looks like that, but for me the earlier angle at normal speed suggests he decked Duffy and it could have been a pen

I think the most telling take away from last night (and I can't remember the exact definition, will need to pay more attention) was that Celtic are way out in front of the stats tables when it came to losing goals to set pieces. And, credit where its due, Andy Walker absolutely called it when Livingston won the free kick just inside the halfway line that led to their first goal. For anyone looking to score goals against Celtic its dead balls into their box that seem to work... 

7 minutes ago, G51 said:

I know Celtic fans have a bit of a thing for Ismaila Soro, but he was bad again last night. I'm not sure he's actually good.

IMO,We judge players too early in this country he has had a handful of games and is only 22 years ago,he covers the ground well and reads the game well for being so young.

1 minute ago, wastecoatwilly said:

IMO,We judge players too early in this country he has had a handful of games and is only 22 years ago,he covers the ground well and reads the game well for being so young.

22 isn't that young, and he's played 117 games in his career so far. His ceiling for improvement is somewhat limited by those facts- this isn't a youngster breaking through into the first team, this is a guy that cost £2m that established himself in Israel beforehand.

A new manager will improve him a little bit, but he's not going to be the first choice DM in the next title-winning Celtic team IMO. Doesn't have the ability to break lines with his passing, too easily beaten in the air and gives away too many fouls.

5 minutes ago, G51 said:

22 isn't that young, and he's played 117 games in his career so far. His ceiling for improvement is somewhat limited by those facts- this isn't a youngster breaking through into the first team, this is a guy that cost £2m that established himself in Israel beforehand.

A new manager will improve him a little bit, but he's not going to be the first choice DM in the next title-winning Celtic team IMO. Doesn't have the ability to break lines with his passing, too easily beaten in the air and gives away too many fouls.

Hes definitely not a Wanyama type more of a Steven Davis type. 

Edited by wastecoatwilly

1 hour ago, Ann Dan Otherthing said:

Sorry to rain on Livi’s parade, but did they not get the COVID memo?!? Goal celebrations were bad enough, but understandable. However Martindale on  Sportscene “even the boys that were not on the bench were in the changing room high fiving the boys”.  Hmm...

Don't tell Celtic

9 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

Hes definitely not a Wanyama type more of a Steven Davis type. 

Steven Davis can see and play passes that Soro can't.

It's extremely unlikely that Soro develops enough technically to play those passes. He doesn't have the profile of a player who makes dramatic improvements in his game.

2 hours ago, wastecoatwilly said:

Horrible night for a game of football,took Celtic 25 minutes to get into the game for me,Livingston is always a hard place to go to pick up 3 points.
For me a draw was a fair result even thou our second was off side,Ajer should've scored plus we also had a shout for a penalty.
Celtic are drawing too many games and losing too many points in the last 30 minutes of games.

30 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

Collum is a non-contact ref,a stop start game protecting the players especially in the conditions last night.
It was a surprise he didn't give a penalty for both teams. 

Sticking to awarding the right refereeing decisions and you chop off your offside goal and award a pen to both teams and it's 3-2 Livi, don't think you can claim goals for things players should have done, if that was the case we'd have won the first game, and got a draw in our game against you earlier in the season. Sometimes have to credit the keeper as well, dear knows McCrorie gets plenty stick for not saving shots/headers he "should have saved".