Livungstoppable vs Celtic - Wed 20th Jan 2021

2 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

To say he won't and can't is crazy talk.

It's not crazy talk to say he can't, because he can't.

If you look at the passing profiles of both players, the difference is stark.

Players generally develop technically in their younger years. There are few players who hit 100 first team games and then completely reinvent their playing style afterwards.

3 minutes ago, G51 said:

It's not crazy talk to say he can't, because he can't.

If you look at the passing profiles of both players, the difference is stark.

Players generally develop technically in their younger years. There are few players who hit 100 first team games and then completely reinvent their playing style afterwards.

Are you saying players stop developing their game?

3 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

Are you saying players stop developing their game?

No, what I'm saying is that you get a pretty good idea of a players ceiling by that point.

There are certain statistics that are fairly stable in a football players game. What I mean by that is that from season-to-season, they don't really change. These are generally reflective of what a player is, and is going to be.

Soro's at the stage in his career where he's played enough games that we know what he is and what he's going to be. To use a statisticians term, the tails are pretty thin.

Players still develop their games, but it's very rare for them to either completely change their playing style, or to take such massive leaps that they become very good at things they were previously hopeless at.

2 hours ago, Ann Dan Otherthing said:

Sorry to rain on Livi’s parade, but did they not get the COVID memo?!? Goal celebrations were bad enough, but understandable. However Martindale on  Sportscene “even the boys that were not on the bench were in the changing room high fiving the boys”.  Hmm...

I have it on reasonable authority that there were nae conga's involved, so we should be good. 

25 minutes ago, G51 said:

No, what I'm saying is that you get a pretty good idea of a players ceiling by that point.

There are certain statistics that are fairly stable in a football players game. What I mean by that is that from season-to-season, they don't really change. These are generally reflective of what a player is, and is going to be.

Soro's at the stage in his career where he's played enough games that we know what he is and what he's going to be. To use a statisticians term, the tails are pretty thin.

Players still develop their games, but it's very rare for them to either completely change their playing style, or to take such massive leaps that they become very good at things they were previously hopeless at.

That is pretty thin M8, I don't know if Scottish football is a higher level than Israeli football is it a move up I don't know.
Judging a player after a handful of game in Scotland is crazy talk, for me Soro will improve his game and only get better in the position he plays I maybe wrong but i'm willing to give him more than a handful of games.

12 hours ago, Left Back said:

When will the appeals lot overturn the red card?  Can’t remember the usual timeframe.

Surprised you're the only one to mention it, though I've not read every page on this thread. It probably didn't alter the outcome of the game but I've watched it several times and just can't see a red card in it. Brown seems to just block the player with his back. No contact from his head, arms or legs/feet. Just lunges backwards into him. Booking I'd have thought. Just seemed harsh. Perhaps levelling up for everything he got away with over the years? Dunno if Celtic will push for a review but should appeal.

11 minutes ago, banditjag said:

Surprised you're the only one to mention it, though I've not read every page on this thread. It probably didn't alter the outcome of the game but I've watched it several times and just can't see a red card in it. Brown seems to just block the player with his back. No contact from his head, arms or legs/feet. Just lunges backwards into him. Booking I'd have thought. Just seemed harsh. Perhaps levelling up for everything he got away with over the years? Dunno if Celtic will push for a review but should appeal.

Do you have functioning eyes? He actually looks to see where Kabia is then flings his right arm back towards his face with full intention of making contact.

Surely there isn't anyone seriously suggesting it wasn't a deserved red card? :lol:

giphy.gif

He even does a wee hard man act to square up to him afterwards. He deliberately hit the boy hoping for a reaction and made a fool of himself.

Edited by LiviLion

8 minutes ago, banditjag said:

Bollocks, it was a red all day long.

He has a look and knows exactly what he is doing. It wasnt particularly violent or harmful but it was such a moronic thing to do. If Morelos had done the same thing everyone would be slaughtering him for it.

What is pathetic about it is that it was obviously Scott Brown's attempt to stamp his authority on the game and give it the big man, probably cause he knows his ability to influence the game on the ball is long gone. Why Lennon brought him on in the first place when they had more attacking options on the bench is a mystery as well.

I really, really hope Celtic appeal it cause there is not a chance it will be rescinded. 

4 minutes ago, banditjag said:

Is the idea here that if Celtic appeal he’ll get another game and it’ll work out better for you? 

9 minutes ago, LiviLion said:

Do you have functioning eyes? He actually looks to see where Kabia is then flings his right arm back towards his face with full intention of making contact.

Surely there isn't anyone seriously suggesting it wasn't a deserved red card? :lol:

giphy.gif

He even does a wee hard man act to square up to him afterwards. He deliberately hit the boy hoping for a reaction and made a fool of himself.

Surely he's experienced to know better but apparently not. How was that ever going to end well?

10 minutes ago, LiviLion said:

It was a red. 

Do i think he hurt him? No however thats no the criteria for a red, he checked his run and threw his arm up to his face so its a red. 

Considering the pressure being placed on Celtic by the fans and how poor they have been it was a complete abdication of his responsibility as captain

10 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

His 'experience' over the years is getting away with that.

For the avoidance of doubt, I’m not suggesting it should be rescinded.  Like you I’ve seen him get away with loads of crap over the years and have far worse red cards overturned.  One sticks in the mind from a few years back when he went straight through someone (possibly against one of the highland teams) and was rightly emptied.

Celtic got it overturned.

ETA against Ross County.  Cleared him to play an old firm game.  Figures.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/39729731

Edited by Left Back

1 hour ago, LiviLion said:

giphy.gif

It was Kabia that got clocked in the penalty box by a Celtic player too, is there an anti Irish agenda going on in the Celtic team.☘️😮🤣

1 hour ago, Jacky1990 said:

Bollocks, it was a red all day long.

He has a look and knows exactly what he is doing. It wasnt particularly violent or harmful but it was such a moronic thing to do. If Morelos had done the same thing everyone would be slaughtering him for it.

What is pathetic about it is that it was obviously Scott Brown's attempt to stamp his authority on the game and give it the big man, probably cause he knows his ability to influence the game on the ball is long gone. Why Lennon brought him on in the first place when they had more attacking options on the bench is a mystery as well.

I really, really hope Celtic appeal it cause there is not a chance it will be rescinded. 

Big man picking on the youngest player in our team, who was playing in his debut. 

1 hour ago, Jinky67 said:

It was a red. 

Do i think he hurt him? No however thats no the criteria for a red, he checked his run and threw his arm up to his face so its a red. 

Considering the pressure being placed on Celtic by the fans and how poor they have been it was a complete abdication of his responsibility as captain

The overreaction to the Ross County game has imo affected the confidence of the celtic players and probably kept Lennon in place.

It was a red. 

Didn't seriously hurt/injure him, but he got hit in the mouth, he wasn't faking it, pretending it was sore.

13 minutes ago, bennett said:

The overreaction to the Ross County game has imo affected the confidence of the celtic players and probably kept Lennon in place.

Why because we weren't pish before Ross County?

Lennon should have been gone before Ross County. The writing was clearly on the wall way before then

Why because we weren't pish before Ross County?

Lennon should have been gone before Ross County. The writing was clearly on the wall way before then

Agreed, getting absolutely pumped at home off a Czech reserve team who's league was suspended for a month should have been the final straw. Its absolutely mental to think this was months ago and he’s still here.