Livungstoppable vs Celtic - Wed 20th Jan 2021

10 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

She's good, thanks. 21 weeks now but not sure the Livi/Celtic fans will appreciate that update in their thread :lol:

Nonsense, we're lovely folk. Congratulations to you both and all the best. 

18 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

She's good, thanks. 21 weeks now but not sure the Livi/Celtic fans will appreciate that update in their thread :lol:

The Livi blokes on here are always a good bunch and the Celtic fans won't be near the thread.

The 2nd Trimester is always the best so I am sure your Mrs is blooming and happy.

If you're looking for a godparent from 'left field' I always like a trip to Aberdeen(shire) and would be happy to stand for wee Derekina...

Just now, Drew Brees said:

You’ll be lucky to be in for flag day,,,,,   IMO. 

The projections are for 400,000 vaccines a week by the end of February IIRC.

It won't be a full house obviously, but I wouldn't be surprised if we start seeing some fans back at games by end of April. That's assuming the rollout goes smoothly of course, which isn't a given.

14 minutes ago, G51 said:

The projections are for 400,000 vaccines a week by the end of February IIRC.

It won't be a full house obviously, but I wouldn't be surprised if we start seeing some fans back at games by end of April. That's assuming the rollout goes smoothly of course, which isn't a given.

I like your optimism. 

2 hours ago, Dons_1988 said:

Agree with this. I'm sure Rangers fans will furiously deny this but the absence of fans or any sort of meaningful competition makes it almost as much of a shrug of the shoulders moment as any of Celtic's previous 9, which is ideal.

10 in a row and rubbing our noses in it meant everything to our green n grey friends,  the way they've handled not winning a few games has been beyond belief and if we win the league they'll implode. 

9 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

I like your optimism. 

It's all very uncertain of course, but 400,000 a week for eight weeks is 3.2m people. Add that on to whatever Scotland gets done before that and you're pretty much there aren't you, in terms of where you need to be to start lifting restrictions.

Edited by G51

17 minutes ago, bennett said:

10 in a row and rubbing our noses in it meant everything to our green n grey friends,  the way they've handled not winning a few games has been beyond belief and if we win the league they'll implode. 

If you win the league? They know that you've won the league and the ones that were going to implode already have.  They have nothing left.

1 hour ago, The_Kincardine said:

The Livi blokes on here are always a good bunch and the Celtic fans won't be near the thread.

The 2nd Trimester is always the best so I am sure your Mrs is blooming and happy.

If you're looking for a godparent from 'left field' I always like a trip to Aberdeen(shire) and would be happy to stand for wee Derekina...

:lol: She has actually veto'd Dereka already so I'll tell her she can f**k off with Tina.

1 hour ago, G51 said:

It's all very uncertain of course, but 400,000 a week for eight weeks is 3.2m people. Add that on to whatever Scotland gets done before that and you're pretty much there aren't you, in terms of where you need to be to start lifting restrictions.

You’re forgetting 2 jags are required?

4 minutes ago, big al said:

And the vaccine doesn't give immunity. Actually those who are vaccinated could actually be more dangerous at spreading than those that haven't as, based on the data we have at the moment, if you develop covid after the vaccination you've a far higher chance of being asymptomatic. Effectively you could wander around thinking your fine but spreading it to every poor sod that comes within a couple of feet. 

I imagine face masks etc. will continue for some considerable time.

Just now, Durnford said:

And the vaccine doesn't give immunity. Actually those who are vaccinated could actually be more dangerous at spreading than those that haven't as, based on the data we have at the moment, if you develop covid after the vaccination you've a far higher chance of being asymptomatic. Effectively you could wander around thinking your fine but spreading it to every poor sod that comes within a couple of feet. 

I imagine face masks etc. will continue for some considerable time.

The vaccine does give immunity, that's the entire point of giving someone a vaccine.

Early indications are that the vaccine is not only effective against protecting from serious illness, but it also has some impact on transmission.

Face masks etc will continue for some time yeah, but if Scotland can dole the vaccine out at the rate projected then we'll see a reduction in restrictions quicker than we think.

9 minutes ago, big al said:

And are you implying that two Partick Thistle supporters are required for each vaccination - wow; that's tough.

Never mind vaccine supply; can the thistle supporters breed that quickly? 

1 minute ago, G51 said:

The vaccine does give immunity, that's the entire point of giving someone a vaccine.

Early indications are that the vaccine is not only effective against protecting from serious illness, but it also has some impact on transmission.

Face masks etc will continue for some time yeah, but if Scotland can dole the vaccine out at the rate projected then we'll see a reduction in restrictions quicker than we think.

Sorry but protecting against serious illness is not full immunity. You can still catch the virus; its just the symptoms don't appear to develop; or if they do its in a far milder form. 

I got vaccinated against Measles in the 60's and believe I am fully immune; I get the flu jab every year but can still get flu.

Pedantic; I know, but there you go. I am desperate to get back into see live football again; although maybe not the game on Wednesday with the blizzard etc. although the chance to laugh at Scott Brown might just have been worth it.

18 minutes ago, G51 said:

As you said it protects against serious illness and reduces how transmissible it is but doesn't stop you getting Covid

I'd hedge my bets just now you will see no fans anywhere until after the summer. Good thing for the Celtic board that

Edited by Jinky67