New clubs in the West of Scotland

The SFA's posture in PWG meetings was 4 feeders to the LL (west region, SoS, EoS and east region) with 16 clubs each covered on discipline by the SFA at tier 6 with the leagues doing the discipline themselves for the lower tiers. Hence why their preferred WoS tier 6 format for 2020/21 would essentially be the west superleague plus Bonnyton with WoS clubs perhaps not coincidentally being able to retain their SJFA membership rather than a repeat of the EoS conference format scenario.

4 hours ago, glensmad said:
11 hours ago, Dev said:
Any news on other matters discussed i.e. at the General Meeting of clubs?

It was a very short meeting, with an update on the current suspension and more potential constitutional changes ahead of the AGM. No questions were raised by the clubs.

When is the AGM?

Unless the constitutional changes relate to fixed geographical boundaries that sounds quite promising for the West Lothian seven if none of the existing clubs raised their possible entry as a pressing issue to sort out ASAP.

Edited by LongTimeLurker

1 hour ago, LongTimeLurker said:

Unless the constitutional changes relate to fixed geographical boundaries that sounds quite promising for the West Lothian seven if none of the existing clubs raised their possible entry as a pressing issue to sort out ASAP.

They might at agm. 

32 minutes ago, AlanCamelonfan said:

They might at agm. 

I don't think they really care at the moment. That's not what the meeting was about. It was about getting a board elected and probably trying to get answers on the season. All the boundary talk Tayside/West Lothian largely exists in the echo chamber of P&B.

On a committee level we know now there's a board in place there's going to be talks amongst the leagues and they're probably the ones thinking about it for now.

1 hour ago, FairWeatherFan said:

I don't think they really care at the moment. That's not what the meeting was about. It was about getting a board elected and probably trying to get answers on the season. All the boundary talk Tayside/West Lothian largely exists in the echo chamber of P&B.

On a committee level we know now there's a board in place there's going to be talks amongst the leagues and they're probably the ones thinking about it for now.

Agreed. But I think we will find that the elected officials do read P&B. Unlikely that we would ever be recognised as “influencers” but informed comments and media updates can be helpful.

On 03/03/2021 at 12:13, Pyramidic said:

Agreed. But I think we will find that the elected officials do read P&B. Unlikely that we would ever be recognised as “influencers” but informed comments and media updates can be helpful.

We do have a read it every now and then and there’s some decent points and ideas, however at the moment the situation is very fluid and we’ve a few moving parts and multiple parties to consider. 
Once the WOS and EOS have had a conversation this weekend there should be the bones of a plan to move forward with.

On 04/03/2021 at 16:48, parkcircus said:

We do have a read it every now and then and there’s some decent points and ideas, however at the moment the situation is very fluid and we’ve a few moving parts and multiple parties to consider. 
Once the WOS and EOS have had a conversation this weekend there should be the bones of a plan to move forward with.

I know last year, pre-COVID there was the rumour of an upcoming vote at the SFA AGM to remove the qualifying routes to the Scottish Cup. That never happened, which means that the South & East Cup Winners Shield is still a qualifying competition. Are there any talks about how non-licenced WoSFL teams can access it?

11 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

I know last year, pre-COVID there was the rumour of an upcoming vote at the SFA AGM to remove the qualifying routes to the Scottish Cup. That never happened, which means that the South & East Cup Winners Shield is still a qualifying competition. Are there any talks about how non-licenced WoSFL teams can access it?

Those cups are accessed via the South Counties FA and EOS FA, at the moment WOS clubs aren’t part of the WOS FA, Ayrshire FA, Glasgow FA or Stirling FA etc

Clubs would need to join at SFA Regional FA and then put a cup together, for  next season the West of Scotland League Cup will be played as well, this can’t have an SC Cup as  it’ll have licensed clubs in it, so we are looking at getting an unlicensed cup setup  but one step at a time at the moment 

Kilbride Thistle set to move to St Matthew’s

Kilbride Thistle Manager Sean Kenney says he cannot wait to make St Matthew’s a football hotspot again after the club announced they would be moving into the area next season.

Despite amateur football being suspended currently Thistle are hard at work off the park as they aim to get a side accepted into the West of Scotland Football League (WoSFL) next season.

One of their major priorities was to ensure they had a home ground with adequate facilities to meet league requirements.

After months of talks with KA Leisure they have finally managed to secure a venue at St Matthew’s Academy in the area that North Ayrshire Athletics Club trains on.

Speaking to the Herald, Kenney said: “It has been confirmed that we can play out of St Matthew’s next season in the park we were looking at.

“It will be just about touching it up and getting it up to the standard for the new league now.

“We want to make St Matthew’s as lively and exciting as it can be. Hopefully we can get it busy again on a Saturday afternoon.”

Joining the potential new WoSFL side at St Matthew’s is their new amateur side, Tass Thistle , who are being absorbed by Kilbride Thistle.

Kenney says the overlapping connections between the two sides meant it was a decision that just made sense, adding: “They will be playing as Kilbride Thistle Amateurs next season and the Tass Thistle’s 2004s will be coming in and joining the development league as Kilbride Thistle Development Squad.

“I always had an interest in Tass because their 2004s manager Ryan Docherty played for me and I kept my eye on him and eventually I went in coaching alongside him there.

“They have got a lot of my ex-players there too, so there’s always been a lot of ties between the two clubs.”

Tass will retain their current players and managers in the new set up and continue to play in the second division of the Ayrshire Amateur Football Association. Kenney says he hopes he can build the side back up to the first division where Kilbride Thistle play.

Source: https://www.ardrossanherald.com/sport/19135861.sport-kilbride-thistle-set-move-st-matthews/

Any information or rumours of other clubs that may be joining the WOSFL?

Edited by Pyramidic

3 hours ago, Pyramidic said:

Kilbride Thistle set to move to St Matthew’s

Kilbride Thistle Manager Sean Kenney says he cannot wait to make St Matthew’s a football hotspot again after the club announced they would be moving into the area next season.

Despite amateur football being suspended currently Thistle are hard at work off the park as they aim to get a side accepted into the West of Scotland Football League (WoSFL) next season.

One of their major priorities was to ensure they had a home ground with adequate facilities to meet league requirements.

After months of talks with KA Leisure they have finally managed to secure a venue at St Matthew’s Academy in the area that North Ayrshire Athletics Club trains on.

Speaking to the Herald, Kenney said: “It has been confirmed that we can play out of St Matthew’s next season in the park we were looking at.

“It will be just about touching it up and getting it up to the standard for the new league now.

“We want to make St Matthew’s as lively and exciting as it can be. Hopefully we can get it busy again on a Saturday afternoon.”

Joining the potential new WoSFL side at St Matthew’s is their new amateur side, Tass Thistle , who are being absorbed by Kilbride Thistle.

Kenney says the overlapping connections between the two sides meant it was a decision that just made sense, adding: “They will be playing as Kilbride Thistle Amateurs next season and the Tass Thistle’s 2004s will be coming in and joining the development league as Kilbride Thistle Development Squad.

“I always had an interest in Tass because their 2004s manager Ryan Docherty played for me and I kept my eye on him and eventually I went in coaching alongside him there.

“They have got a lot of my ex-players there too, so there’s always been a lot of ties between the two clubs.”

Tass will retain their current players and managers in the new set up and continue to play in the second division of the Ayrshire Amateur Football Association. Kenney says he hopes he can build the side back up to the first division where Kilbride Thistle play.

Source: https://www.ardrossanherald.com/sport/19135861.sport-kilbride-thistle-set-move-st-matthews/

Any information or rumours of other clubs that may be joining the WOSFL?

I'm unsure of  St Matthew’s facilities. I take it that it fits the criteria to be included in the WOSFL. Sounding good from Kilbride Thistle and hopefully will be an exciting addition to the league

I'm unsure of  St Matthew’s facilities. I take it that it fits the criteria to be included in the WOSFL. Sounding good from Kilbride Thistle and hopefully will be an exciting addition to the league
The facility they are intending on using is a grass pitch surrounded by a running track, which is all enclosed by the standard metal/wire fence which is now widely used. It already has covered seating and floodlights and the changing facilities would be the KA Leisure/St Matthew's Secondary changing which are already used heavily by boys club and amateur teams. The floodlights are mainly focused on the track however and I'm not sure if they would need to be adjusted or upgraded for the pitch to be illuminated.

It is a bit of a trek to the changing rooms however so wouldn't be ideal for half times.

One thing I'm not sure of is if they are expecting to attract a support there. The town already has a WOS team which doesn't gain much traction in the town.

from the East Of Scotland website

https://www.eosfl.com/

Joint statement East and West of Scotland Leagues

The EoSFL and WoSFL have agreed a boundary for new member applications which is based upon local authority areas. Clubs in Stirling, Falkirk and West Lothian Council areas who wish to join the pyramid will be directed to apply to the EoSFL while clubs in North and South Lanarkshire and East Dunbartonshire will be directed to apply to the WoSFL.

These local authority boundaries will not affect any club already in membership of either League. Once a Club is admitted to a League, any application to switch Leagues will not be entertained except with the prior approval of both Leagues.  

3 minutes ago, pollokfan1987 said:

The EoSFL and WoSFL have agreed a boundary for new member applications which is based upon local authority areas. Clubs in Stirling, Falkirk and West Lothian Council areas who wish to join the pyramid will be directed to apply to the EoSFL while clubs in North and South Lanarkshire and East Dunbartonshire will be directed to apply to the WoSFL.

These local authority boundaries will not affect any club already in membership of either League. Once a Club is admitted to a League, any application to switch Leagues will not be entertained except with the prior approval of both Leagues.  

A bit of common sense, a minor miracle by Scottish football standards :)

5 minutes ago, pollokfan1987 said:

Common sense prevails! 
Anyone got any humble pie for the Armadale guy?

12 minutes ago, pollokfan1987 said:

Sensible decision! 

It mentions that the boundaries will not affect any clubs already in the leagues. I can't think of any clubs in the "wrong" league going by that boundary. 

7 minutes ago, stanley said:

Sensible decision! 

It mentions that the boundaries will not affect any clubs already in the leagues. I can't think of any clubs in the "wrong" league going by that boundary. 

I guess you could go for Edusport Academy/Caley Braves SOS not playing in WoSL.