P&B Chess League - Season 8 coming soon….

PurpleKangaroo89 beats RicheyEdwards

The first Ayrshire derby of the Chess League season ended in victory for Kilmarnock.

It was not a game for purists, as neither side was able to avoid making errors. However, it was Kilmarnock who capitalised on Ayr's defensive errors and took the three points.

Good game @craigkillie

3 minutes ago, N5 Spur said:

If I had a pair of leather gloves, consider yourself slapped.  Accepted.

Although I note you have a rating around 10,000 points above mine, so I see this fixture being played at 'Rourke's Drift'.

21 minutes ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Bad mistake with the knight, well played by you. Look forward to the re-match.

Thank you.

eta I aborted the other game Wullie as it had me white again.

Do we play our other game  now mate? 

Division B - markf268 beats Dandies1983.

Enjoyable game, going past 50 moves each. Felt really tight until a queen swap around move 40 also allowed me to pinch a bishop along with it. Delighted to get off the mark.

Match with flamingalah01 is ongoing, suspect time difference will make it a late result.

PurpleKangaroo89 beats RicheyEdwards

The first Ayrshire derby of the Chess League season ended in victory for Kilmarnock.
It was not a game for purists, as neither side was able to avoid making errors. However, it was Kilmarnock who capitalised on Ayr's defensive errors and took the three points.
Good game [mention=11624]craigkillie[/mention]

Cheers pal, thought I'd fucked it when I blundered my queen - it was the first move I ruled out but for some reason I forgot and went back to it. Fortunately you returned the favour almost immediately!

2 minutes ago, invergowrie arab said:

Eindhovendee beats Invergowrie.

Probably one of the better games I have played, no blunders and 2 mistakes but @eindhovendee punished everything.

Lookin at analysis he played best move almost every time. Very good game mate 

I think I was a bit cagey and thought you played well, same as my previous match I kept thinking you had something up your sleeve like when you set up the queen swap.

I got the fear at that point and you were called a DAB quite loudly at times even though I am at work which put a few colleagues on edge, especially Mohammed sitting nearest to me.

Tbh if you'd offered a draw at queen swap I'd have taken it.

Move 17, I'm a rook, a knight and two pawns up, total control of the middle of the board, have a choice between going for a checkmate in two or cleaning up a threat against me.

Well, did I ever get that wrong.

I've not lost yet but it's in the post.

Currently locked into a titanic battle with both @gkneil AND @Ludo*1 with no end in sight in either game. I've got slight material advantage in both games, but doubled pawns aren't really worth writing home about and positionally I'm all over the shop. 

Edited by Cardinal Richelieu

7 minutes ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

Currently locked into a titanic battle with both @gkneil AND @Ludo*1 with no end in sight in either game. I've got slight material advantage in both games, but doubled pawns aren't really worth writing home about. 

I'm up by a pawn I'll have you know. :P(According to the Chess.com thing at the bottom - unless you know something I don't in which case I'm shitting it! :lol:)

Edited by Ludo*1

2 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

I'm up by a pawn I'll have you know. :P(According to the Chess.com thing at the bottom - unless you know something I don't in which case I'm shitting it! :lol:)

Sorry lad. You're quite right. You're one pawn ahead and you're definitely up to something with that Queen Rook chicanery, but I can't quite work out what. 

Btw, in the chat when I said "Funky. Nice move". I actually mean to say "f**k. Nice move". If you hadn't guessed!

1 minute ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

Sorry lad. You're quite right. You're one pawn ahead and you're definitely up to something with that Queen Rook chicanery, but I can't quite work out what. 

Btw, in the chat when I said "Funky. Nice move". I actually mean to say "f**k. Nice move". If you hadn't guessed!

I refuse to reply to mind games! :lol:

1 minute ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

Never trust this guy in the chat. Constant mind games

8 minutes ago, madwullie said:

Never trust this guy in the chat. Constant mind games

Is that why you did the unheard of DOUBLE resignation at the same time yesterday? 

image.png

This move will hereafter be known as the Madwullie Flounce. 

Edited by Cardinal Richelieu