P&B Chess League - Season 8 coming soon….

Quick question, won a couple of games, but ranking doesn't go up and it says Variant Standard (unrated)
Do I have to change something on settings or something like that.
Thanks in advance.
It's a bit shit on the app that it's limited in what you can start with a new game. Better on the website if you want to challenge with rating on the line.

1 hour ago, Stellaboz said:
1 hour ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:
Quick question, won a couple of games, but ranking doesn't go up and it says Variant Standard (unrated)
Do I have to change something on settings or something like that.
Thanks in advance.

It's a bit shit on the app that it's limited in what you can start with a new game. Better on the website if you want to challenge with rating on the line.

Cheers Im playing on a pc, doesn't run properly on the stupid works network.

Just now, SweeperDee said:

Division C

XCTR94 beats N5_Spur by checkmate.

Good game, ended up a bit drawn out purely by Spurs good defensive work, but he could only do so much when I had 2 queens promoted and a rook against a bishop.

Well played chief.

15fb1fa5c8f2e20ac0ee58a33dd08bf6.jpg

Yes, enjoyed trying to defend myself but the outcome was inevitable early on - as mentioned, I need to work out a defensive plan against your openings (it's happened to me before). I was quite happy with my 88% rating but the result was never in doubt.

Enjoy your impending promotion!

1 hour ago, arab_joe said:

Pleslie999 wins by resignation.

A fairly easy win for Pleslie999, after I took a horse out for a spin and got myself in a world of trouble... 

Good game, yeah u kinda roamed wild with a horse for a while which allowed me a nice position, there was no stopping my impending promotion of at least 1 pawn. Cheers for the game.

2 hours ago, invergowrie arab said:

Invergowrie pumped by checkmate v Paaakman 

Do I not like d4 

Thanks for the game, I didn't think there was a huge amount in it. I got a little ahead and as we traded more material that seemed to continue to be the case. It is the most complete game I've played for a while.

3 hours ago, cal234ey said:

Thanks for the game, I didn't think there was a huge amount in it. I got a little ahead and as we traded more material that seemed to continue to be the case. It is the most complete game I've played for a while.

You developed better so even though you were 3 points up it was more like 7 as my h file rook might as well have not been there. I didn't have a plan to deal with your pawn set up 

26 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

Mark beats Mackieboz by checkmate.

Very well played. Traded and I thought I might have the upper hand until I never noticed a rook fork. Fucking stupid castle b*****d is getting dropped after that. Need good, honest pieces. 

I think you did have the slight upper hand until that point as I was needing to defend - think I just managed to sneak that fork in behind another attack.

38 minutes ago, Loki said:

Division A

Dearyme defeats GCarlos9 by resignation.

Good game mate. This was wild game, I felt like I was always behind. You got a bit of the drop on me, with my kingside being exposed. I felt like I was having to find only moves to stay in this one often being 1 move from mate. Absolutely wild. This is where it turned in my favour as it got so complicated.

Screenshot_20220220-170438_Chess.jpg

On 14/02/2022 at 23:19, Frank Grimes said:

Round 10

Arabjoe v Dandies1983

Arabjoe wins by checkmate.

If this chess match was a football game, it would have been Dundee United v Aberdeen on 4 August 2007, when we were down to 10 men for almost an hour (Willo Flood sent off on his debut) and, completely against the run of play, snatched a 90th minute winner...