P&B Chess League - Season 8 coming soon….

On 06/02/2024 at 21:36, pleslie99 said:

Cup result

pleslie999 beats RBWatson by resignation

Was pretty tight until @EvilScotsman gave up his Queen (which I would’ve classed as a blunder but apparently not according to the analysis). Thanks for the game 

Thanks for letting me know the result @pleslie99.

Just had a look at the match, and TBF I'm not sure I've seen a pawn so far up by move 13, causing all sorts of trouble !

On 11/02/2024 at 13:10, Aim Here said:

At the other end of the table, we now know the playoff contenders, @Albino Rover / @mathematics

The rules for the playoff are that the lower league contender plays white and must win to get promotion; a draw isn't enough, so the match is PnBmathematics vs AlbinoRov.

After 72 moves each, Mathematics resigns.

A thoroughly enjoyable epic, worthy of a play-off final. Real touch-and-go until I managed to promote my pawns and get into a winning position.

Huge commiserations to my opponent who I'd consider one of the favourites for promotion next season, (assuming no chess geniuses sign up and end up the runaway winner!)

Thanks again to @Aim Here for organising the league. Looking forward to next season

Edited by Albino Rover