P&B Chess League - Season 8 coming soon….

18 hours ago, Stellaboz said:

Offt I had triple pawns in a game a few months back, awful state of affairs to get into. Like playing a bunch of centre halves in midfield. 

Who is Lviv on here? I've sent a game request a few days ago but no response?

Aye it’s me. For the first game I got an email to say someone has sent me a request so I didn’t realise. Accepted it there. Would preferably like to get it done quickly so I not forget about it. I’ll be in the boozer all day as well.

Apologies to @Richey Edwards  for the other day. On Wednesday I was flying from Scotland to Ukraine via London and was more worried about getting turned away at the border. Think I had a slight advantage in the match as well so it’s annoying, however fairs fair and well done on the win!

As I said Stella, if we can do in on one sitting that would be preferable.

Edited by Karpaty Lviv

Aye it’s me. For the first game I got an email to say someone has sent me a request so I didn’t realise. Accepted it there. Would preferably like to get it done quickly so I not forget about it. I’ll be in the boozer all day as well.
Apologies to [mention=42975]Richey Edwards[/mention]  for the other day. On Wednesday I was flying from Scotland to Ukraine via London and was more worried about getting turned away at the border. Think I had a slight advantage in the match as well so it’s annoying, however fairs fair and well done on the win!
As I said Stella, if we can do in on one sitting that would be preferable.
I can't promise but I'll try.

11 hours ago, Karpaty Lviv said:

Apologies to @Richey Edwards  for the other day. On Wednesday I was flying from Scotland to Ukraine via London and was more worried about getting turned away at the border. Think I had a slight advantage in the match as well so it’s annoying, however fairs fair and well done on the win!

I didn't deserve the win. You were playing better than I was and, as you said, had the advantage. 

On 23/08/2021 at 23:03, Frank Grimes said:

Division B

Round 2

Arabjoe v markf268 

Arabjoe wins by resignation, after an absolute battle that went to 60 moves and only ended when I (eventually) managed to promote a pawn. 

Very tight game.

GCarlos9 vs el_scorgio - drawn by agreement.

Felt like I was just defending for dear life for most of it, avoided any mistakes, and took the draw when offered as another 10-15 moves probably wouldn't have seen any other outcome. GG.

Edited by Scorge

17 minutes ago, Scorge said:

GCarlos9 vs el_scorgio - drawn by agreement.

Felt like I was just defending for dear life for most of it, avoided any mistakes, and took the draw when offered as another 10-15 moves probably wouldn't have seen any other outcome. GG.

Yeah was conscious I wouldn’t be able to play much today and the new league fixtures would be out tomorrow.  It still could have been winnable for either of us, but I think it would have taken a blunder.

I resigned in my other game to Beef2711, conceded a dumb fork and couldn’t be bothered with the level of thinking needing to get back into that match, only to lose anyway.

The close season has killed me.

2 hours ago, die hard doonhamer said:

DieHardDoonhamer beats Hammysgetinpumped by resignation.

A game that I built a considerable material advantage, but still felt under pressure for most of it. I felt the resignation was probably a little premature, as I didn't feel completely out of trouble myself.

I had fucked it mate with that gift of a room and your well defended king was in stark comparison to my wide open king, felt like it saved a bit if time for us.

It was the boys first game back and it showed I'm sure they will be more resolute in their subsequent fixtures.

Division A
P
W
L
D
Pts
Board_Stupid
beef2711
eindhovendee
el_scorgio
GCarlos9
Dearyme
AimHere
Ziggy
Purplekangaroo89

Round 3

AimHere v el_scorgio

Ziggy v Dearyme

Board_Stupid v beef2711

GCarlos9 v Purplekangaroo89 

Round 4

eindhovendee v Ziggy

beef2711 v AimHere

Dearyme v GCarlos9

Purplekangaroo89 v Board_Stupid 

Division B
P
W
L
D
Pts
gkneil
Arabjoe
markf268
Dandies1983
pleslie999
Strachanovski
NotThePars
GordonS496
invergowrie
AH13STU

Round 3

Dandies1983 v Arabjoe 

invergowrie v pleslie999

markf368 v AH13STU 

NotThePars v Strachanovski

gkneil v GordonS496 

Round 4

pleslie999 v Dandies1983

AH13STU v Arabjoe 

Strachanovski v invergowrie 

GordonS496 v markf268 

gkneil v NotThePars 

Division C
P
W
L
D
Pts
PnBMathematics
RBWatson
DieHardDoonhamer
RicheyEdwards
paakman01
mackieboz
cols407
hammysgp
The_kid1433
LvivKarpaty

Round 3

RicheyEdwards v DieHardDoonhamer 

LvivKarpaty v The_kid1433

RBWatson v cols407

mackieboz v PnBMathematics

hammysgetinpumped v paakman01 

Round 4

The_kid1433 v RicheyEdwards 

cols407 v DieHardDoonhamer 

PnBMathematics v LvivKarpaty

paakman01 v RBWatson

hammysgetinpumped v mackieboz 

• Frank Grimes changed the title to P&B Chess League - WEEK TWO fixtures P174
paakman01 beats the_kid1433 by checkmate.
Thanks for the game!
Pleased to split the opening round of fixtures after my earlier loss to mathematics.
Good game.

Blundered my Bishops early on and from then on was sort of hanging on in hope that you would make a mistake...... it didn't happen and after I lost my Knight I proberly should have resigned.

Cheers.

38 minutes ago, EvilScotsman said:

Division C, Round 4

Paakman01 beats RBWatson by relentless blitzkrieg.

Well played; I've never seen that opening before, and I never had a sniff of getting into a semirespectable position.

Thanks for the game, it is the same opening I used for the game in the post above also! Seem to be having success with it but might need to vary it in the second half of the season if I use it too much.

Div C round 2
The_kid1433 beats mackieboz by checkmate.

My QxD7 near the end that I thought was a masterstroke turned out to be a blunder.

Enjoyed that though.

I can only apologise to you and Paakman. This week I've been on holiday and my access to a good Internet connection has been fleeting.

Hopefully next time I don't draw them out do long.

Thanks for the game, it is the same opening I used for the game in the post above also! Seem to be having success with it but might need to vary it in the second half of the season if I use it too much.
I checked out your game.

Personally I wouldn't be bringing out my Queen so early.

The queen is so valuable that any threat to the Queen results in it retreating or being chased across the board, wasting tempo, instead of developing pieces. If your opponent is a good player, he will use your queen as a target for developing his own pieces quicker.

Div C round 2
The_kid1433 beats mackieboz by checkmate.

My QxD7 near the end that I thought was a masterstroke turned out to be a blunder.

Enjoyed that though.

I can only apologise to you and Paakman. This week I've been on holiday and my access to a good Internet connection has been fleeting.

Hopefully next time I don't draw them out do long.
No worries. I'm actually disappointed as I felt I could sneak a win there, but stop focusing last night and forgot about your other rook who won teh game. Gg sir

19 hours ago, Frank Grimes said:

Round 3

Dandies1983 v Arabjoe

Arabjoe wins by checkmate.

Good close game that went over 60 moves.  Managed to get my Queen out and about early on, and she did a bit of damage - then got enough swaps done to allow for a pawn promotion.  My first in over Dandies1983 in 3 attempts (having never even got to 30 moves before) - the boys have done well to get that monkey off their back and can hopefully kick on next week!