P&B Chess League - Season 8 coming soon….

8 hours ago, arab_joe said:

AH13STU wins by resignation.

The post-match analysis from Chess.com tells me that (in very uncharacteristic fashion) I only made 1 mistake and 0 blunders - yet was never in the lead.  AH13STU barely put a foot wrong, was extremely accurate (don't think I've ever got anywhere near 97%) and had me under pressure throughout.  Good game. 

I thought I was comfortable early doors but when you started advancing pawns along with king, I must admit I was getting concerned. The kingside pawns made the difference.

Cheers for the game.

Division A, Round 2

I was three pawns up and slowly squeezing the life out of el_scorgio. Then on move 27 I mindlessly blundered a queen in a proper Division C stylee. I might end up the P&B chess league equivalent of Brechin if I keep this sort of thing up...

el_scorgio beats AimHere by resignation.

Division C : Round 2
Mackieboz beats Mathematics by resignation.
A gruelling game with mistakes all over the shop. One missed win for me. Schoolboy.
Brilliant game though, could have gone either way until I snapped up a rook, I think it was curtains from them on. Gg

36 minutes ago, Aim Here said:

Division A, Round 2

I was three pawns up and slowly squeezing the life out of el_scorgio. Then on move 27 I mindlessly blundered a queen in a proper Division C stylee. I might end up the P&B chess league equivalent of Brechin if I keep this sort of thing up...

el_scorgio beats AimHere by resignation.

If there's one thing I'm noticing about the top flight aside from the jump in difficulty, it's a case of one mistake and you're probably done, second division you could get away with a couple in most games. Probably be my turn to fudge one soon enough - was a fair bit behind and hovering over the flag until that move. gg.

Sorry guys I’ve spent the last week in Ukraine, including 24 and a half hours on the train with zero internet which fucked the two games I was involved in. In the second one I was getting cuffed so can’t be disappointed at that. To who send me a request yesterday (or today, can’t remember), I’ll accept it and hopefully get it done before Sunday morning when I’m traveling back to Scotland.

Sorry guys I’ve spent the last week in Ukraine, including 24 and a half hours on the train with zero internet which fucked the two games I was involved in. In the second one I was getting cuffed so can’t be disappointed at that. To who send me a request yesterday (or today, can’t remember), I’ll accept it and hopefully get it done before Sunday morning when I’m traveling back to Scotland.
No bothers mate. I had the same issue last week being away from an Internet connection, although nowhere nearly as exotic as the Ukraine.

18 minutes ago, the tungston weasel said:
2 hours ago, Karpaty Lviv said:

No bothers mate. I had the same issue last week being away from an Internet connection, although nowhere nearly as exotic as the Ukraine.

On Tuesday midnight I was in a 4 bed compartment with three others for 18 hours with no plug sockets and this morning I was 6 and a half hours from Dnipro to Kyiv in a jail cell for 6 facing each other with no leg room and I had no spare space to put my luggage so even less leg room on the floor. They thought I was in the wrong even though I bought the “first class” ticket (priority of your seat in the compartment and slinging the suitcase away safely). These things just go about their head.

Nothing exotic about any of that, trust me 🤣

9 minutes ago, invergowrie arab said:

Division B round 1 Invergowrie beats @NotThePars by checkmate 

@Bigmouth Strikes Again you OK to hang onto to Sunday to start our game as I'll be mortal tomorrow?

Thank you 

Perfect, see you then.