P&B Chess League - Season 8 coming soon….

15 hours ago, N5 Spur said:

Group B, round 16

AH13STU beat N5_Spur by resignation.

Whilst I am on a poor run in general on chess.com, I played like a complete fool when I couldn't afford to make a mistake, against an opponent with obvious quality.  The game was over in the opening throes.  My mini-run of recovery in this tournament ends.

Well played, Sir.

@Leicesterlichtie

Your opening just lead you into a minefield and you self destroyed yourself with nearly every move thereafter. Better luck next time, mate.

My game against beef2711 finished in a draw. Looking at the computer after the match, I apparently had a winning position, but it was a fairly complicated line that I don't think I could realistically have seen. I was a whole rook down at the time and happy to take a repetition.

On 16/07/2022 at 17:42, gkneil said:

Sorry to hear that min. Mind you can always stick yourself on vacation when needed. Was enjoying that one, was about to get tasty I think. Hope your mum is ok.

@pleslie99 @arab_joe @Aim Here

Guys, I'm going to have to finish the season early and forfeit remaining games. Mum has been put in palliative care and has only a few days remaining so other things are going to have be moved aside for a bit.

54 minutes ago, Leicesterlichtie said:

@pleslie99 @arab_joe @Aim Here

Guys, I'm going to have to finish the season early and forfeit remaining games. Mum has been put in palliative care and has only a few days remaining so other things are going to have be moved aside for a bit.

Hope all is well mate. Take care. Iv offered a draw in our game, happy for that to be the outcome. Feels unfair for u to concede in the circumstances

7 minutes ago, EvilScotsman said:

RBWatson beats Strachanovski by checkmate. 

Good game, and we've the return league game for you to claim swift revenge.

Cheers, enjoyed that, could've went either way. 

Well played.

Okay, I've sneaked onto chess.com to see how the last cup game was proceeding, and wastecoatwilly and PnBMathematics had a wild defeat from the jaws of victory from the jaws of defeat encounter, with wastecoatwilly countering a mate-in-two blunder with his mate-in-one blunder. PnBMathematics couldn't top that, so had to concede by checkmating wastecoatwilly. Great stuff!

I drafted in Janey Godley and Willo Flood to do the Madwullie cup quarter-final draw and this is the result. Because of the weather, all of the balls happen to be warm, so you can be assured that the draw was completely fair this time round

Madwullie Cup Season 5 Quarter final Fixtures

invergowrie vs Arabjoe
AimHere vs Board_Stupid
Dearyme vs Purplekangaroo89
PnBMathematics vs Strachanovski

Edited by Aim Here

On 18/07/2022 at 15:27, craigkillie said:

My game against beef2711 finished in a draw. Looking at the computer after the match, I apparently had a winning position, but it was a fairly complicated line that I don't think I could realistically have seen. I was a whole rook down at the time and happy to take a repetition.

I played out the position against the computer. 1st time I made an arse of it and lost.

2nd time I won. Chess would be a lot easier if you could have a couple of attempts.

3 hours ago, Aim Here said:

Okay, I've sneaked onto chess.com to see how the last cup game was proceeding, and wastecoatwilly and PnBMathematics had a wild defeat from the jaws of victory from the jaws of defeat encounter, with wastecoatwilly countering a mate-in-two blunder with his mate-in-one blunder. PnBMathematics couldn't top that, so had to concede by checkmating wastecoatwilly. Great stuff!

I drafted in Janey Godley and Willo Flood to do the Madwullie cup quarter-final draw and this is the result. Because of the weather, all of the balls happen to be warm, so you can be assured that the draw was completely fair this time round

Madwullie Cup Season 5 Quarter final Fixtures

invergowrie vs Arabjoe
AimHere vs Board_Stupid
Dearyme vs Purplekangaroo89
PnBMathematics vs Strachanovski

I can only assume wastecoatwilly hasn’t replied due to having smashed his phone of a wall.

Wouldn’t blame him.

Div B

XCTR94 beats pleslie99 by checkmate.

Good game of chess, solid up until the midgame where pleslie tried to overload a file with rooks but ended up exposing his backline because of this. Ended up slowly picking him off and ended up reveal checking his king and getting his Queen as a result. Queen/Bishop mate followed not long after. Best I’ve played in a while I thought! 

Thanks for the game!

10 hours ago, SweeperDee said:

Div B

XCTR94 beats pleslie99 by checkmate.

Good game of chess, solid up until the midgame where pleslie tried to overload a file with rooks but ended up exposing his backline because of this. Ended up slowly picking him off and ended up reveal checking his king and getting his Queen as a result. Queen/Bishop mate followed not long after. Best I’ve played in a while I thought! 

Thanks for the game!

Good game mate cheers. You played really well, punished my mistakes well