P&B Chess League - Season 8 coming soon….

26 minutes ago, Scorge said:

Just so you know I'm up to my eyeballs in DIY this weekend so probably won't make much progress until Monday, same goes for the 'el' classico. Making too many moves under the influence of paint fumes is not likely to go well.

No bother.

Eindhoven see I have sent you a friend request and a challenge.  Beef I have accepted yours and it’s ready to start.

Good couple of games to come, just have to remember not to blunder 😀

Division A
DiegoDiegoPB defeats Strachanovski.

Watching the tape back makes for some pretty grim viewing. Despite the victory I've gone right through the lads in the dressing room. Following the great win against AH13STU we've had two poor performances in a row. Can forget about Europe playing like that.

5 minutes ago, DiegoDiego said:

Division A
DiegoDiegoPB defeats Strachanovski.

Watching the tape back makes for some pretty grim viewing. Despite the victory I've gone right through the lads in the dressing room. Following the great win against AH13STU we've had two poor performances in a row. Can forget about Europe playing like that.

That en passant move you did totally fucked me up.

Thank you.

1 hour ago, Ziggy said:

The ratings for the computer bots are nonsense.

I’ve beaten Noam (2200) and got a draw against Francis (2300)

This is impressive stuff.

I'm stuck on the1800's atm.

1 hour ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

Elrohana beats Dandies1983 as black.

He fell into a classic trap - over attacking with both his knights.

A bishop sacrifice on my part that left his knight undefended and his pawns wide open followed up by my Knight and Queen attacking.

Screenshot_20210219_162928_com.chess.thumb.jpeg.647fa9539542c7456d87f7c03927da39.jpegScreenshot_20210219_162942_com.chess.thumb.jpeg.e409e60835c061ac50bd3d2f9cb2c626.jpeg

Taking h2 is a good move.

Taking h2 is a good move.
White could not take it as I would have forked the rook and King.

When white just attacked with the Knight to check and fork my rook I was not fazed - I suspected that white had not seen my move after moving the King and would just take the Rook - and so it proved - it was a forced mate after that.

Another game won due to an opponent's mistake (attacking my King with the knight) and a blunder (the follow-up with the knight taking my rook).