P&B Chess League - Season 8 coming soon….

6 minutes ago, Frank Grimes said:

I play a bit of bullet and just done someone on a 4 move checkmate 

He was less than impressed 

5ED509CD-4200-4B58-97A9-CEFA30DD210D.png

I think I beat Savo with Fools Mate.  Funny when it works out.

49 minutes ago, Frank Grimes said:

That has to be one of the most bizarre post match quotes I've come across. Sounds like something from the Arsene Wenger/Jose Mourinho school of nonsense. Funny as f*** though.

Well done Frank.

10 minutes ago, the aggressive beggar said:

Johnnydun defeats Sav1876

I saved the worst til last.  Missed an open goal staring me in the face for 3 turns, then decided to move the opposite direction, that feels even more ridiculous than Loki's Fools Mate.  

f**k chess, i'm out.  😆

Good game mate.

A tainted victory as this means the board are keeping me in cherge for next season.

Johnnydun out.

17 hours ago, Frank Grimes said:

Someone on here, I can't remember exactly who, beat me in less than 10 moves when I first started playing. I saw the funny side of it, and to lose like that was down to my own errors which presented my opponent with the opportunity to win. Bad losers are hilarious though - imagine getting all bent out of shape over a virtual board game. Take it on the chin, learn from it and move on. 😂

Someone on here, I can't remember exactly who, beat me in less than 10 moves when I first started playing. I saw the funny side of it, and to lose like that was down to my own errors which presented my opponent with the opportunity to win. Bad losers are hilarious though - imagine getting all bent out of shape over a virtual board game. Take it on the chin, learn from it and move on. [emoji23]
Exactly - you just learn from it.

Took me around 30 but it was a bit of a pasting. Told Richey I had my king on trial for pre season but didn't tell him my secret weapon queen was basically Joe Cardle in seaside promotion season. She'll come in handy if she keeps that form. Gg.

I think it really became a task for you when I triple forked your queen, king and rook with my knight.

Welcome to the seasides! [emoji6]

2 hours ago, Stellaboz said:

Took me around 30 but it was a bit of a pasting. Told Richey I had my king on trial for pre season but didn't tell him my secret weapon queen was basically Joe Cardle in seaside promotion season. She'll come in handy if she keeps that form. Gg.

I think it really became a task for you when I triple forked your queen, king and rook with my knight.

Welcome to the seasides! emoji6.png

I just went into Game Archive. It was beef2711 who beat me in 6 moves.😂

20 minutes ago, Richey Edwards said:

I just went into Game Archive. It was beef2711 who beat me in 6 moves.😂

Beef2711 is the best player in the lower league.  In my two games against him I didn’t even get a sniff.

The penultimate game of the season for AH13STU ended in a tightly fought draw in which plenty of endeavour by both sets of players was shown but just lacking a bit of cutting edge up front. PurpleKangaroo89 can be very proud of the commitment his side showed on a board that wasn't conducive to playing free flowing chess.

Thanks for a good game again.

Available for friendlies, if anyone wants a game. (Except madwullie, as he has put a restraining order on me) 😊

Edited by Leicesterlichtie

12 hours ago, Loki said:

Beef2711 is the best player in the lower league.  In my two games against him I didn’t even get a sniff.

The game we just finished was pretty close. 

I don't think there's much between the top 4 in the division, the league table doesn't lie.

1 minute ago, Henderson to deliver ..... said:

The game we just finished was pretty close. 

I don't think there's much between the top 4 in the division, the league table doesn't lie.

Yeah it was a tight affair, but at no point did I feel in control or think I had the opportunity to win.  Against all other players I have felt I have been in control in at least one of the matches.

If Gparsfan can move more than once a day we might get the league finished 😂  I think  this is the tenth day of play in our league match from the penultimate round of fixtures.