P&B Chess League - Season 8 coming soon….

My game with markf268 is the only one outstanding in League B.

If I win, @true_rover finsihes 2nd bottom and @Frank Grimes goes into the play-offs. If it's a draw, then those two will finish on the same points and head to head will determine who gets the play-off spot. If true_rover wins, Frank finishes 2nd bottom and the play-off spot comes down to H2H between true_rover and @101.

If I win, [mention=14593]true_rover[/mention] finsihes 2nd bottom and [mention=72581]Frank Grimes[/mention] goes into the play-offs. If it's a draw, then those two will finish on the same points and head to head will determine who gets the play-off spot. If true_rover wins, Frank finishes 2nd bottom and the play-off spot comes down to H2H between true_rover and [mention=66969]101[/mention].

ea58ba1b8e43f9f4d066e32a7b6020eb.jpeg

4 hours ago, NotThePars said:

First match against hammy was a case of him making an error early on putting his knight in shooting distance of my queen and from then it was just being merciless with my attacks. There were a couple of missteps one of which involving losing his queen which I was convinced was a ploy to put me in check but I think he might've missed the opportunity to split my defences and take my queen. He got it eventually but not before I could take his last bishop and rally every pawn I had left to advance up the board and crown themselves. Ended up with a board like an Ottoman Sultanate

Bizzare game I made too many mistakes early doors eventually hoping to get a draw, with 4 queen's on the board it was an optimistic outlook.

23 minutes ago, 101 said:

Bizzare game I made too many mistakes early doors eventually hoping to get a draw, with 4 queen's on the board it was an optimistic outlook.

Move 25 you could've put me in check to block your queen being taken was the one that really confused me!

2 hours ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

Cool
My 9 year old Nephew is really into Chess and I need some more practice if I'm going to keep beating him when he's 10

Kids are dumb.  If he ever takes your Queen, just say he has to roll a double six for the move to count if not he has to move a different piece.  Then hand him two twenty sided dice.  Tell him it’s the You Lose rule.

14 minutes ago, DiegoDiego said:

No matter how thoroughly I consider my move I still get a second of paralysing fear the moment it's confirmed.

I’m waiting for a sympathy draw offer from you in return for the one in the earlier rounds.

If I win, [mention=14593]true_rover[/mention] finsihes 2nd bottom and [mention=72581]Frank Grimes[/mention] goes into the play-offs. If it's a draw, then those two will finish on the same points and head to head will determine who gets the play-off spot. If true_rover wins, Frank finishes 2nd bottom and the play-off spot comes down to H2H between true_rover and [mention=66969]101[/mention].
I've spent a long time looking for a way out that just doesn't exist, Gordon EF wins by resignation. Goodbye Division B, hello bottom tier!

15 minutes ago, true_rover said:
20 hours ago, Gordon EF said:

I've spent a long time looking for a way out that just doesn't exist, Gordon EF wins by resignation. Goodbye Division B, hello bottom tier!

Yeah. I don't think you could have stopped me promoting the pawn and kept your bishop so it was a matter of time.

You went down fighting though. It was a tough game. I enjoyed the queens dancing round the middle of the board for a while. It's was pretty finely balanced until I managed to nick your light squared bishop.