Keep, Punt, or Undecided?

Keep 

Greg Kiltie - He is by far our most intelligent footballer. I still think that he is the best player at the club by quite a distance when you consider his age etc. He is a player that I just love watching - the way he receives the ball, his smart runs, good finishing etc. Must do all we can to keep him. 

Yousouff Mulumbu - A genuine quality player at this level. Easy decision. 

Stuart Findlay - He has had a poor season but so have the full squad. I think he has all the attributes to be a real top quality centre back. He reminds be a bit of Ajer at Celtic in the sense that some of his best moments seem to be in his recovery defending, but obviously these moments usually occur because of his own mistakes. He is prone to a few heads gone moments (St Johnstone at home this season, Aberdeen in the cup last season) but he is a good age and has been one of the best centre backs I’ve seen at RP. 

Chris Burke - A model professional and a bloody good player. Still very important to us but we definitely need someone to help him because he can’t play as much as he has been. 

Aaron Tshibola - Probably the most difficult one to include in the ‘keep’ category. He is infuriating - one week he looks incredible then the next he is anonymous and like a man down. I wouldn’t push the boat out to keep him but I think he’s a handy player to have for some games and if he could string together a consistent run then he would be a stand out at this level. 

Gary Dicker - A great player and very important to us. Many killie fans love to claim he’s shite/done/an arsehole but most of this comes because he thought Alessio was a fraud. He was right.

Alan Power - Been rubbish for most of this season but I still think he has something to offer, even if it’s as a squad player. 

Rory McKenzie - I can hold my hands up and admit that I used to hate McKenzie. Until Clarke came in he really offered nothing - he was a winger that couldn’t beat a man and never scored. He still doesn’t score much but he has definitely improved and his versatility is very handy. 

Undecided 

Brandon Haundstrup - I think he has looked alright since he has been given a run in the team. For me, he is much better than Waters but he never seems to stand out in any way. I think there is a player in there somewhere and I have seen much worse than him play for us at left back.

Kirk Broadfoot - He has been our best defender this season but I just wonder if he would manage to last another season or two. Also, I can’t help but feel he’s been our best defender purely because all the rest of our players have been very poor. I think he is underrated by some in our support - mostly because he fell out with alessio (see dicker) - but I think his best may be past him now. 

Aaron McGowan - An absolutely average - bordering on shite - full back. The only reason I’m including him on this list is because accies fans seemed to think he was a player. He might want to show it for us at some point. 

Danny Whitehall - Including him in this list purely because he has scored in most of his games he’s started. However, it’s clear he is a very poor footballer but if he keeps scoring then he is worth keeping. 

Punt 

Mitch Pinnock - He might be one of the worst players I’ve ever seen play for us. A tall, slow winger who can’t beat a man/cross/pass/shoot. Get rid ASAP. 

Ross Millen - Just not good enough for this level. Has a decent delivery but should never ever be a starting right back for a Premiership team. 

Nicke Kabamba - This was the trickiest one in this list. He is a very poor footballer but can occasionally cause defenders issues. Very similar to my thoughts on Whitehall - Kabamba is just unlucky that he isn’t scoring and Whitehall is, hence their positions on the list. 

Danny Rogers - Rubbish keeper, a bomb scare at crosses and a nightmare when it comes to saving anything more than a slightly routine save. Better than the two morons last season but it wouldn’t be hard.

Colin Doyle - Who?

Calum Waters - Basically Ross Millen but at LB. Not the worst, but not particularly good either.

Clevid Dikamona - Has good flashes but he is very rash and his positional sense is shocking at times. Punt.

Edited by Nadroj

6 minutes ago, Nadroj said:

Keep 

Greg Kiltie - He is by far our most intelligent footballer. I still think that he is the best player at the club by quite a distance when you consider his age etc. He is a player that I just love watching - the way he receives the ball, his smart runs, good finishing etc. Must do all we can to keep him. 

Yousouff Mulumbu - A genuine quality player at this level. Easy decision. 

Stuart Findlay - He has had a poor season but so have the full squad. I think he has all the attributes to be a real top quality centre back. He reminds be a bit of Ajer at Celtic in the sense that some of his best moments seem to be in his recovery defending, but obviously these moments usually occur because of his own mistakes. He is prone to a few heads gone moments (St Johnstone at home this season, Aberdeen in the cup last season) but he is a good age and has been one of the best centre backs I’ve seen at RP. 

Chris Burke - A model professional and a bloody good player. Still very important to us but we definitely need someone to help him because he can’t play as much as he has been. 

Aaron Tshibola - Probably the most difficult one to include in the ‘keep’ category. He is infuriating - one week he looks incredible then the next he is anonymous and like a man down. I wouldn’t push the boat out to keep him but I think he’s a handy player to have for some games and if he could string together a consistent run then he would be a stand out at this level. 

Gary Dicker - A great player and very important to us. Many killie fans love to claim he’s shite/done/an arsehole but most of this comes because he thought Alessio was a fraud. He was right.

Alan Power - Been rubbish for most of this season but I still think he has something to offer, even if it’s as a squad player. 

Rory McKenzie - I can hold my hands up and admit that I used to hate McKenzie. Until Clarke came in he really offered nothing - he was a winger that couldn’t beat a man and never scored. He still doesn’t score much but he has definitely improved and his versatility is very handy. 

Undecided 

Brandon Haundstrup - I think he has looked alright since he has been given a run in the team. For me, he is much better than Waters but he never seems to stand out in any way. I think there is a player in there somewhere and I have seen much worse than him play for us at left back.

Kirk Broadfoot - He has been our best defender this season but I just wonder if he would manage to last another season or two. Also, I can’t help but feel he’s been our best defender purely because all the rest of our players have been very poor. I think he is underrated by some in our support - mostly because he fell out with alessio (see dicker) - but I think his best may be past him now. 

Aaron McGowan - An absolutely average - bordering on shite - full back. The only reason I’m including him on this list is because accies fans seemed to think he was a player. He might want to show it for us at some point. 

Danny Whitehall - Including him in this list purely because he has scored in most of his games he’s started. However, it’s clear he is a very poor footballer but if he keeps scoring then he is worth keeping. 

Punt 

Mitch Pinnock - He might be one of the worst players I’ve ever seen play for us. A tall, slow winger who can’t beat a man/cross/pass/shoot. Get rid ASAP. 

Ross Millen - Just not good enough for this level. Has a decent delivery but should never ever be a starting right back for a Premiership team. 

Nicke Kabamba - This was the trickiest one in this list. He is a very poor footballer but can occasionally cause defenders issues. Very similar to my thoughts on Whitehall - Kabamba is just unlucky that he isn’t scoring and Whitehall is, hence their positions on the list. 

Danny Rogers - Rubbish keeper, a bomb scare at crosses and a nightmare when it comes to saving anything more than a slightly routine save. Better than the two morons last season but it wouldn’t be hard.

Colin Doyle - Who?

Calum Waters - Basically Ross Millen but at LB. Not the worst, but not particularly good either.

Clevid Dikamona - Has good flashes but he is very rash and his positional sense is shocking at times. Punt.

I appear to have done this for our full squad rather than just out of contract players. f**k it. 

42 minutes ago, Nadroj said:

I appear to have done this for our full squad rather than just out of contract players. f**k it. 

I based mine on performances so far this season....

I purposely didn't include any loan players, Doyle, Rossi etc.

Aging players like Broadfoot, Dicker, Power, Mulumbu etc, they'll do a job till the end of the season then they can go as far as I'm concerned. Burke would be the exception, I'd like to keep him around if he decides a coaching role is his way forward.

The most important punt for me is Dyer.... I wouldn't trust him to do a rebuild job that Killie badly need.

Edited by C4mmy31

Keep

Fulton: a guy who many didn’t rate at the start of this season myself included, but bar maybe one or two mistakes (which is reasonable when you consider how many shots he’ll face each game) has had a decent season. Will be a fine first choice keeper in the diddy league.

Gourlay: Proved that he’ll be a dependable second choice keeper in the diddy league.

Easton: Has found a new lease of life at centre back that will maybe give his career another couple of seasons. Will be a standout in the diddy league.

Aaron Martin: solid centre half. Would love to keep but he won’t want to play in the diddy league unfortunately.

Mimnaugh: bright future ahead of him, would benefit from playing in the diddy league.

Odoffin: would love to keep, but he definitely will have better offers above the diddy league if he keeps going the way he is.

Undecided:

Ogkmpoe: when he’s good he’s very good and is by far and away our best striker, but that is like winning a tallest midget contest. Most of the time he looks lazy/unfit/uninterested and most of all won’t want to play in the diddy league.

Collar; injured a lot. Would need to see if he manages to make any further appearances this season before deciding.

Punt:

Ill just list them all together here because none of them are worth talking about on their own. Trafford, Nathan Thomas, Owolabi, Justin Johnson and Ryan (fucking) Scully.

Edited by Scotty Tunbridge

Keep

Laidlaw (as a back up), Randall (on the left), Morris, Midge, Shaw, Grivosti, Hylton, Lakin, Naismith, Paton

Punt

Tremarco, Mckay, Vigurs, Tilson, Donaldson, Kelly (away anyway)

Undecided

Hjelde (just joined), Draper, Watson, Iacovitti, RCC, Kelly, Stewart,  Andreu (just joined)

Keep

• Kyle Gourlay (fine backup)
  • Hakeem Odoffin (we can probably keep him if we stay up but unlikely otherwise)
  • Brian Easton 
  • Shaun Want
  • Scott Martin
  • Reegan Mimnaugh (could do with a spell in the Championship with us if it means seeing more of the ball)
  • Ross Callachan (probably won't happen if we go down)
  • Marios Ogkmpoe (brilliant on his day so don't want to let that go)
  • David Templeton
  • Lewis Smith (unplayable on his day but also incredibly frustrating - too good to punt though)
  • Andrew Winter
  • Aaron Martin (there's a 99% chance he'll leave no matter if we stay up or go down)

Undecided

• Ryan Fulton (good for a cockup every two or three games which isn't what you want from your 'keeper, but he's actually done much better than I thought he would. Interesting to see how he does in a team that doesn't concede 20 shots a game)
  • Will Collar (I quite like him but he's always injured)
  • Nathan Thomas (great footballer but has played like three times)
  • David Moyo (can be pretty useful if you just shell the ball at him but also really bad at a lot of things)

Keep if we go down

• Kyle Munro
  • Callum Smith

Punt

Everyone else which includes Jamie Hamilton. Not because he's bad, but because he's out of contract in 2022 and we need to cash in on him. He's the player we're likely to get the most money for (which is sadly already less than it would've been last summer) and letting him go for a development fee would be a disaster. 

29 minutes ago, accies1874 said:

Keep

• Kyle Gourlay (fine backup)
  • Hakeem Odoffin (we can probably keep him if we stay up but unlikely otherwise)
  • Brian Easton 
  • Shaun Want
  • Scott Martin
  • Reegan Mimnaugh (could do with a spell in the Championship with us if it means seeing more of the ball)
  • Ross Callachan (probably won't happen if we go down)
  • Marios Ogkmpoe (brilliant on his day so don't want to let that go)
  • David Templeton
  • Lewis Smith (unplayable on his day but also incredibly frustrating - too good to punt though)
  • Andrew Winter
  • Aaron Martin (there's a 99% chance he'll leave no matter if we stay up or go down)

Undecided

• Ryan Fulton (good for a cockup every two or three games which isn't what you want from your 'keeper, but he's actually done much better than I thought he would. Interesting to see how he does in a team that doesn't concede 20 shots a game)
  • Will Collar (I quite like him but he's always injured)
  • Nathan Thomas (great footballer but has played like three times)
  • David Moyo (can be pretty useful if you just shell the ball at him but also really bad at a lot of things)

Keep if we go down

• Kyle Munro
  • Callum Smith

Punt

Everyone else which includes Jamie Hamilton. Not because he's bad, but because he's out of contract in 2022 and we need to cash in on him. He's the player we're likely to get the most money for (which is sadly already less than it would've been last summer) and letting him go for a development fee would be a disaster. 

A lot of these players you’ve mentioned are on long contracts till 2022/2023 so won’t be going anywhere unless we get money for them or they are willing to take a pay both of which I’d say is unlikely in the current world but most of all is not the aim of RandomGuys game.

Edited by Scotty Tunbridge

A lot of these players you’ve mentioned are on long contracts till 2022/2023 so won’t be going anywhere unless we get money for them or they are willing to take a pay both of which I’d say is unlikely in the current world but most of all is not the aim of RandomGuys game.
f**k sake I just went through the entire squad. Sorry RandomGuy.

Hibs - at the top of the list has to be

Ross - undecided

Rocky -           keep

McGinn           keep

Porteous        who replaces him if he                                   goes ?

Hanlon            as above

Doig / Stevenson / Mackie - keep

Boyle.               keep

Irvine.               keep

Newell.            keep

Doidge.           keep

Nisbet.             keep

Cadden.          undecided

Gogic.              undecided 

Mallan              undecided

the rest            punt

w.r.t. Porteous and Hanlon I think it was Ms Dempster who said we should have 3 players for each position ; the first choice , back up and a youth player

Edited by ewan14

6 hours ago, Comrie said:

Keep

Laidlaw (as a back up), Randall (on the left), Morris, Midge, Shaw, Grivosti, Hylton, Lakin, Naismith, Paton

Punt

Tremarco, Mckay, Vigurs, Tilson, Donaldson, Kelly (away anyway)

Undecided

Hjelde (just joined), Draper, Watson, Iacovitti, RCC, Kelly, Stewart,  Andreu (just joined)

That would significantly reduce your quota of Caley players and even with White joining and Yogi incharge, thats just not enough representation -  unless uncle Roy is planning a spending spree to take some more dross over the bridge......please!!!!

Guest Bob Mahelp

Aberdeen

Keep - Everyone except...

Undecided - Cosgrove (still not sure he's interested). Campbell (needs to go out on loan and learn how to influence a game). Logan (I still believe that he can do a job for us).

Leave - Ojo (never fitted in). McGinn (a fan's favourite, but sadly his time has come and gone). Leigh (I realise that he's just signed a contract but I don't think he'll ever be good enough).

We have a small squad, so our options are limited. There won't be much turnover, so it's all moot anyway. 

Keep -
Scott Robinson - no explanation needed
Efe Ambrose - absolute Rolls Royce of a player
Josh Mullin - it's no coincidence our upturn on form coincided with him being in the team more
Jon Guthrie - Arguably the best CB outwith the OF
Nicky Devlin - If he improved his final ball he'd be in contention for a Scotland cap

Punt -
Aaron Taylor-Sinclair - Really like the guy but he's behind McMillan, Longrige and apparently Efe for the LB position
Rafa DeVita - Livi legend but he's never recovered from his injury in the promotion playoffs
Alan Lithgow - hasn't kicked a ball in what seems like forever, unfortunately I don't see him coming back into the team ahead of our current CBs which is a bit gutting

Undecided -
Steve Lawson - Fantastic player and so versatile but he's not really featured for us and when he has he's been so rusty, if we can find a place for him I'd be happy to keep him
Scott Tiffoney - Did a job anytime he's been called on but he's got a load of players ahead of him now
Carlo Pignatiello - Has barely played for us so really not seen enough to make comment
Robbie Crawford - Another one who's done well anytime he's appeared but is now behind a long line of midfielders
JET - I still can't tell if he's amazing and unfit, amazing and not interested or just shite. Undoubtedly has bags of ability but very little energy which doesnt fit with our style of play