Celtic v super saints 30/01/21

I feel short changed, apparently this is one of the worst Celtic teams of all time and we only scored 2.............Fitzy’s team got 4.........hell even Gus got 4.

Hang on, turns out they have only lost 2 league games before today and are second in the league............maybe, just maybe......we played well? 😛

3 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

Are you sure? Do you want another crack at this one?

Rodgers in his last season after 24 games was on 54 points and 6 points ahead of Rangers. 54 points is actually more than 49 just in case you have misplaced your abaucus and crayons, or have you eaten those already? Secondly in Rodgers last season we had also won the League cup and not pumped out of it at home by Ross County again just in case this escaped your attention. The final point regarding Rodgers last season is that were still in Europe beyond Xmas and not already out in the most embarassing of fashions unlike this year. 

To also piss on your notion of Rodgers signings being to blame only 2 of Rodgers signings were on the pitch today. Edouard and Bain, Edouard also contributed in at least some fashion today. Lets also not forget the fact the 2 biggest joke figures at Celtic this season are Lennons signings in Barkas (who Lennon himself called out) and Duffy who is probably the worst centre back i've ever witnessed in the Hoops. 

So no Willy, he's accountable for his own mess. His job is to coach, motivate and develop the players, he has failed in the most incredible fashion that i have ever witnessed, at least in my lifetime.

Its not often you are right but you are wrong again

Pretty much this.

Its astonishing that there is anyone left defending Lennon.

Robinson, Kettlewell and Dyer have walked for less IMO in comparison to their teams aspirations. 

But ive said it before, I hope Lennon stays as long as he can. He is fucking box office shambolic in a way no other manager could be. It'll be so disappointing when both the OF have competent managers again.

1 minute ago, Jacky1990 said:

His recruitment?

Recent examples being Barkas, Duffy, Ajeti, Klimala and Laxalt.

What has Lennon done recently in the transfer market that suggests he is this potential spotting guru?

Turnbull doesnt count since literally anyone with a passing interest in Scottish football could see he was teckle. Lennon doesnt get credit for that.

Frimpong,Julien,Soro,Turnbull,Barkas,Forster,Elyounoussi,Taylor,Elhamed,Ajeti,Laxalt.

12 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

Frimpong,Julien,Soro,Turnbull,Barkas,Forster,Elyounoussi,Taylor,Elhamed,Ajeti,Laxalt.

So what you are saying is that it’s actually Neil Lennon’s signings at fault since only 3 or 4 players that Rodgers signed have made what you could consider regular first team appearances this season? And only 1 of those would you consider a first choice starter

Edited by Jinky67

16 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

Are you sure? Do you want another crack at this one?

Rodgers in his last season after 24 games was on 54 points and 6 points ahead of Rangers. 54 points is actually more than 49 just in case you have misplaced your abaucus and crayons, or have you eaten those already? Secondly in Rodgers last season we had also won the League cup and not pumped out of it at home by Ross County again just in case this escaped your attention. The final point regarding Rodgers last season is that were still in Europe beyond Xmas and not already out in the most embarassing of fashions unlike this year. 

To also piss on your notion of Rodgers signings being to blame only 2 of Rodgers signings were on the pitch today. Edouard and Bain, Edouard also contributed in at least some fashion today. Lets also not forget the fact the 2 biggest joke figures at Celtic this season are Lennons signings in Barkas (who Lennon himself called out) and Duffy who is probably the worst centre back i've ever witnessed in the Hoops. 

So no Willy, he's accountable for his own mess. His job is to coach, motivate and develop the players, he has failed in the most incredible fashion that i have ever witnessed, at least in my lifetime.

Its not often you are right but you are wrong again

We all have our opinions,The 3 season Rodgers was  there he only signed 4 decent players, Deila already had Ajer and Dembele on the way.
Rodgers signed Sinclair,Edouard,Hayes and Ntcham not good enough.

2 hours ago, wastecoatwilly said:

St mirren were the better team on the day but bringing a player in that isn't getting a game for Brighton is underestimating the Scottish game. 

Mate, most of us are bringing in players who aren't getting a game for Scunthorpe or Oxford United.

54 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

So what you are saying is that it’s actually Neil Lennon’s signings at fault since only 3 or 4 players that Rodgers signed have made what you could consider regular first team appearances this season? And only 1 of those would you consider a first choice starter

Rodgers also fecked up Gordon by bring in De Vires by in turn Lennon needed to fix the problem.
Rodgers couldn't buy better players to improve the squad and made false promises to the players already there, again Lennon had to clean the mess up.
Rodgers recruitment was shocking for over 3 years, Lennon and Deila built the squad that was already there. 

Edited by wastecoatwilly

5 hours ago, wastecoatwilly said:

We all have our opinions,The 3 season Rodgers was  there he only signed 4 decent players, Deila already had Ajer and Dembele on the way.
Rodgers signed Sinclair,Edouard,Hayes and Ntcham not good enough.

No Willy what you said was last Rodgers season was worse than this one, that’s you claiming a fact not your opinion. The very very simple fact is it wasn’t and the fact remains you are very wrong, the numbers do not lie

Secondly Dembele wasn’t on his way he was very much a Rodgers signing, he hadn’t signed any pre-contract with Celtic and as for saying Scott Sinclair wasn’t good enough he scored 60 goals over his 3 seasons with Rodgers and was untouchable in his 1st.

Edouard was our best player over the past 2 seasons, he looks a shadow of himself. What do you put that down to? Answer: they way he is being coached and managed. He doesn’t want to play under this manager any longer

Edited by Jinky67

5 hours ago, wastecoatwilly said:

Rodgers also fecked up Gordon by bring in De Vires by in turn Lennon needed to fix the problem.
Rodgers couldn't buy better players to improve the squad and made false promises to the players already there, again Lennon had to clean the mess up.
Rodgers recruitment was shocking for over 3 years, Lennon and Deila built the squad that was already there. 

Solved a problem by bringing in a loan keeper that had no intention of signing permanently hence creating an ever bigger problem by freezing Gordon out and then offering him fucking peanuts?
Yes he has completely disassembled a squad that won everything before them domestically and replaced them with charlatans and cowards who are turning in performances that belong in the 90’s.To know how good Rodgers is just look at the Premier League table or watch Leicester play, then go watch us under Lennon. 
So again you are a mile off the mark and spouting the same shite rhetoric about Rodgers doesn’t in any way take the spotlight away from just how bad  a team Lennon has turned us into, not Rodgers, Lennon.  
Now....

Go Away GIF by Bounce

Edited by Jinky67

12 hours ago, Doctor Sanchez said:

So, I've missed Sportscene tonight.  Living in England I have the Iplayer set to Scotland under the 'regions' (Disgusting).  And anyhoo, can get the BBC Scotland channel.  

Won't let me watch Sportscene.  Is this because theres a delay till they show it or do the not allow it to be watched after the programme due to rights or something, anybuddy know?

Edited to Say:  I can get last Saturdays, so it'll be available soon I guess...  

Very good

8 hours ago, Jinky67 said:

St Mirren thoroughly deserved the 3 points, we were an absolute disgrace and that is sadly a direct reflection of the man in charge whereas St Mirren were a direct reflection of their man in charge.

this was all the evidence you need to show the benefit of good coaching. 

I genuinely didn't think it could get much worse but here we are, genuinely jaw dropping and the fact our board don't see they have a duty of care to remove Lennon is just beggars belief also is the fact we still have people in our support defending Lennon  ( Hi Willie). 

Well done buddies

I'm sure Tommy Sheridan will be along shortly with his brothers and sisters, unprrecedented quadrruple trreble, hail hail patter.

2 hours ago, Jinky67 said:

No Willy what you said was last Rodgers season was worse than this one, that’s you claiming a fact not your opinion. The very very simple fact is it wasn’t and the fact remains you are very wrong, the numbers do not lie

Secondly Dembele wasn’t on his way he was very much a Rodgers signing, he hadn’t signed any pre-contract with Celtic and as for saying Scott Sinclair wasn’t good enough he scored 60 goals over his 3 seasons with Rodgers and was untouchable in his 1st.

Edouard was our best player over the past 2 seasons, he looks a shadow of himself. What do you put that down to? Answer: they way he is being coached and managed. He doesn’t want to play under this manager any longer

Celtic didn't have the added problem from covid under Rodgers last season,you don't seem to get it Celtic stood still under Rodgers for 3 years.
The only player that Rodgers bought and is still there doing well is Edouard he won everything with the squad Lennon and Deila built.

24 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

The only player that Rodgers bought and is still there doing well is Edouard he won everything with the squad Lennon and Deila built.

I think players like Sinclair, Dembele and Ntcham contributed to Rogers success.