Queens v Hearts

Just now, 19QOS19 said:
7 minutes ago, billyg said:
He's a diddy of a manager , clueless. He's been handed a better squad than any other manager in the division but doesn't know how to utilise it. The shape of his team had gone after 70 mins and I was surprised Queens didn't introduce Dobbie at that point. I was even more surprised that Johnston didn't start to break the game up with substitutes in the last few minutes !

Nah, Dobbie was never featuring tonight unless we were chasing the game. I love the guy but he really doesn't fit into the system AJ plays and certainly wouldn't have made any difference tonight.

I just felt at 1-0 after around 70 mins Hearts seem to have abandoned the centre-mid , and a couple of times Queens had the ball there but didn't have the guile to get through , i thought Dobbie might have unlocked it !

Huge credit to AJ and the players - the effort, fitness and application tonight was outstanding. After all the stick the Manager takes he proved tonight that he knows how to organise a team even in the face of countless injuries and setbacks.What a crazy way to concede a penalty - madness from Breen. Boyce was never going to get to the ball and we had “stood up” really well tonight and avoided sticking legs out in the box. Soul destroying to chuck two points away after all the effort that went in. Some great performances tonight - Gibson was outstanding and the much maligned Buchanan had a stormer. Nortey put in some shift considering he has been out for months and Jones deservedly got MOM. Gutted to gift wrap a needless penalty at the end because 3 points would have been massive for us.

8 minutes ago, Rjc-1988 said:

Huge credit to AJ and the players - the effort, fitness and application tonight was outstanding. After all the stick the Manager takes he proved tonight that he knows how to organise a team even in the face of countless injuries and setbacks.What a crazy way to concede a penalty - madness from Breen. Boyce was never going to get to the ball and we had “stood up” really well tonight and avoided sticking legs out in the box. Soul destroying to chuck two points away after all the effort that went in. Some great performances tonight - Gibson was outstanding and the much maligned Buchanan had a stormer. Nortey put in some shift considering he has been out for months and Jones deservedly got MOM. Gutted to gift wrap a needless penalty at the end because 3 points would have been massive for us.

This ^^^^^^ ...... although I wouldn't be too hard on Breen, he's young and lacks experience.

Shame to lose the late goal but I’m sure QOS would have taken a point before kick off, some turn around by you lads since you came to Starks. Looked a certainty for the drop now I’d fancy you to be safe come the end of the season. Still say Hearts aren’t a great team they’ve just got good enough individuals to win the league and I still don’t rate Nielsen.

6 minutes ago, Insert Amusing Pseudonym said:

Well I mean it clearly wasn't.

We deserved to lose for being completely pish but it was a blatant piece of cheating

Jones did what exactly what he had to do, he got himself in front of the defender at pace - I don't think Kinglsey tried to foul him but I'm sure their legs tangled even if it was slight and accidental and it doesn't take much to cause a trip at pace.  For me a penalty - and McFadden (who knows more about the game than me) remained convinced it was a penalty even after seeing replays.

3 minutes ago, Rjc-1988 said:

Outstanding from Queens never thought I would say I am gutted we only got a point .

Every player was outstanding never thought I would be gutted only getting a draw .

Why did Breen make that challenge don't think the excellent Boyce was going to get it 

What utter rubbish Robbie Nelson talks both were pens and trying to blame the pitch 

9 minutes ago, Insert Amusing Pseudonym said:

Well I mean it clearly wasn't.

We deserved to lose for being completely pish but it was a blatant piece of cheating

Yes getting annoyed at that hearts performance is fair enough

but  its should be tempered  by the fact that we never actually looked like conceding

1 minute ago, Otis Blue said:

Jones did what exactly what he had to do, he got himself in front of the defender at pace - I don't think Kinglsey tried to foul him but I'm sure their legs tangled even if it was slight and accidental and it doesn't take much to cause a trip at pace.  For me a penalty - and McFadden (who knows more about the game than me) remained convinced it was a penalty even after seeing replays.

McFadden is absolutely clueless as a pundit tbh.  

The boy throws his leg out to instigate contact.  He's bought it and fair enough but it's not a penalty.  I'm not using it to distract from out performance which was the sole reason we dropped points but I'm genuinely baffled that anyone could look at that and say it was a foul.

29 minutes ago, Mr X said:

Thank you :)

I think we should also thank @RandomGuy. for not rating Jones, Im sure that influenced Saints decision not to take him back.

2 games, 1 goal, 1 assist and 1 MOM from James McFadden.

Guess thats the problem with having an opinion, every so often you've to admit you got something wrong.

Fair play to him if hes playing well. Always seem like a nice guy off the pitch going by his social media.