Queens v Hearts

Apparently Queen of the South are the only football club mentioned in The Bible, and Jesus Christ Almighty, Hearts were nowhere near good enough tonight.

It's true what the commentators were were saying - far too many sideways and backwards passes from players who don't want to take responsibility. 

Too many players attempting flicks, and trying to take people on when they already have a chance to put a cross in - two shots on target in the entire game, and one of those was a penalty. 

Neilson constantly overthinking things in an attempt to look clever - fitba managers dinnae get Nobel Prizes, Robbie.

Think that was our first league dra' this season, and it was bound to happen, but QOS must be disappointed not to win that, and I don't think it would have been unfair if they had. 

Edited by paranoid android

Thought our guys were magnificent tonight. What an effort. We started without Shields, Fitzpatrick, McKee, McCabe and lost Pybus within 20 mins. Thats five of our regular front six. Nortey's just back from about 6 weeks out. McGrory's had two days training and was on the bench in case we needed him for half an hour. He played over an hour. Jones and Mebude ran themselves into the ground and absolutely terrorised Halkett in particular. The hugely under rated East won nearly every header that came near him.

The full backs defended when they needed to and atracked up the line when they had a chance. Ayo stepped into an unfamiliar midfield role and mopped up in front of the back line all night till he actually moved into the middle of it in the last 10 mins. The much malugned Buchanan never put a foot wrong. Neither did Breen till the 90th minute. 

Gutted to draw. Of course would have taken a draw at 7:30 but much as Hearts had lots of possession, our keeper made one save all night. We just about had the better half chances.

Robbie has a cheek sitting whining about the pitch. Is it magic? No. But its a better surface than most of the country right now. At least we can kick a ball on it. Not many doing that tomorrow. 

Thought Hearts might have had a couple of red cards too. Halkett's yellow for pulling down Dapo looked like a goalscoring opportunity to me and Irving did more than just trip Jones on the touchline as he flew past. He kicked out and for me thats serious foul play. Thought he was very lucky. 

I acknowledge our penalty is contentious to a degree, 'bought' even. I think thats given far more than not these days though. Even with multiple replays both McFadden and Stevenson thought it was a penalty. No doubts about the Hearts one. Daft from Breen unfortunately. 

Didnt think this morning I'd be gutted to lose a last minute penalty for a draw!

Edited by Skyline Drifter

1 hour ago, SEETHING said:

WmUXr0X.png

Ah yes, the natural position of one's left leg when running. 

Well, that’s one of the most obvious bits of cheating I’ve seen for a long time. It never ceases to amaze me how fans see what they want to see even when given damming evidence. Good to see a number of Queens fans recognising it was never a penalty - those claiming otherwise are clearly so biased they can’t see straight. Also, let’s not call this clever play - it’s cheating.  should have been a free kick to Hearts and a booking for the player trying to con the ref. The sad thing is he had the ball in a dangerous area but, rather than back himself to create, chose to ignore the ball, veer off towards Kingsley and almost dislocate his kneecap in jamming his foot in between Kingsley’s  legs. Great example to set for all young players watching.

Anyway, overall a fair result overall. Queens ran themselves into the ground and were very organised. I actually thought Queens looked more likely to score a second than Hearts equalise in the second half. I think on that showing Queens should survive - I hope they do. Neilson’s excuse about the pitch was pathetic. Hearts really are not that great and as such any away points are actually not to be sniffed at with games already running out for others in a shortened season.. Need to recruit well in the summer though. 

2 minutes ago, Always Hearts said:

Well, that’s one of the most obvious bits of cheating I’ve seen for a long time. It never ceases to amaze me how fans see what they want to see even when given damming evidence. Good to see a number of Queens fans recognising it was never a penalty - those claiming otherwise are clearly so biased they can’t see straight. Also, let’s not call this clever play - it’s cheating.  should have been a free kick to Hearts and a booking for the player trying to con the ref. The sad thing is he had the ball in a dangerous area but, rather than back himself to create, chose to ignore the ball, veer off towards Kingsley and almost dislocate his kneecap in jamming his foot in between Kingsley’s  legs. Great example to set for all young players watching.

Anyway, overall a fair result overall. Queens ran themselves into the ground and were very organised. I actually thought Queens looked more likely to score a second than Hearts equalise in the second half. I think on that showing Queens should survive - I hope they do. Neilson’s excuse about the pitch was pathetic. Hearts really are not that great and as such any away points are actually not to be sniffed at with games already running out for others in a shortened season.. Need to recruit well in the summer though. 

As one of the QOS fans who recognise it was never a penalty I look forward to you calling out a Hearts player when something similar happens in the future. It will happen, just a matter of when.

The moral high ground is a fine place. Long way to fall from a high horse though.

44 minutes ago, Always Hearts said:

Steven McLean was only a week before. 

Terrible decision tonight, if anything it's a Hearts free kick. 

Edited by itzdrk

The Farts & Robbie Are To Busy S#cking John Robertson's Bobbie Up In Inversneckie To Be Worried  About Trying To Win Games Against Teams Like Qos Or Ayr & Hardly Having Shots On Goal Apart From The Odd Dodgy Penalty Late In The Game To Steal A Point What Is There To Worry About... There Rubbish As Stevenson Said..

Fair result in the end. QoS played well and though I didn’t think it was a pen, it would have been harsh for them not to get a least the point.

Hearts were rubbish and I’m not happy that Robbie is blaming the pitch etc to cover up for the fact we are simply playing badly right now. It’s his responsibility and he needs to start fixing it.

Neilson is an embarrassment really, blaming the pitch when our bench probably gets more in weekly wage than the entire queens squad. Not seen this Hearts team play much football at all this year, any manager with half a brain could get this quality of squad playing decent football but Neilson is clueless.

Still think there is the potential for a big jobbie in the jambo bed
Would agree with this. Their defence seems capable of several mistakes per match and they seem pretty clueless up front, only capable of scoring from penalties in last 2 games. Really struggling to remember anything they created in open play in either game. Maybe the other 9 teams should just have more of a go at them rather than just trying to stifle them. 2 or 3 defeats close together would certainly see a bit of knicker wetting up Gorgie way.

Good point with the players we were able to get on the park, Jones was absolutely electric with his pace and direct style. Thought Halkett was lucky to stay on the park, not saying the foul was a straight red but he has ran 10 yards to scream in the referees face. He was always being booked for giving a foul away in what was a dangerous position on the park and possibly the last line of defence. In saying that the referee let hearts players away with shouting  and screaming at him with every free kick given away, going by Neilsons post game interview it’s easy to see where they get it from. Hearts will win the league and probably by double figure points, really does show how poor the standard in this league has become. 

Edited by Broony88

8 hours ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

As one of the QOS fans who recognise it was never a penalty I look forward to you calling out a Hearts player when something similar happens in the future. It will happen, just a matter of when.

The moral high ground is a fine place. Long way to fall from a high horse though.

Look at the match thread from last week, I think every single Hearts fan said we were lucky to get the penalty we got.

8 hours ago, Always Hearts said:

Great example to set for all young players watching.

You'd certainly never see someone like Gary Mackay-Steven doing such a thing, that's for sure...

Still, at least you're not bothered

11 hours ago, SEETHING said:

WmUXr0X.png

Ah yes, the natural position of one's left leg when running. 

When you are running at the pace Jones does .

How the hell would Jones at his pace think to stick his leg into a defender to try and win a pen .

Talking of winning pens Boyce  wins his  waits for the challenge coming in them makes sure there is contact 

Edited by Northfield 53

Queens were more than worth their point. That pitch was no different to the one that Raith Rovers play on.

Neilson just loves to deflect blame with anything that isn't his lack of management. It sets a dangerous precedent as that attitude seems to be infecting the players during matches now. Last night you could see our players arguing with the ref and expecting things to just go their way rather than getting their heads down and on with it. For example, just look at when Halkett for his tackle on Jones, then screamed at the ref as did Gordon right after both of them getting needlessly booked for dissent.

Edited by the jambo-rocker

1 hour ago, Tony Wonder said:

Look at the match thread from last week, I think every single Hearts fan said we were lucky to get the penalty we got.

Swings and roundabouts, then.

56 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

You'd certainly never see someone like Gary Mackay-Steven doing such a thing, that's for sure...

Who? Never heard of him.

Queens were more than worth their point. That pitch was no different to the one that Raith Rovers play on.
Neilson just loves to deflect blame with anything that isn't his lack of management. It sets a dangerous precedent as that attitude seems to be infecting the players during matches now. Last night you could see our players arguing with the ref and expecting things to just go their way rather than getting their heads down and on with it. For example, just look at when Halkett for his tackle on Jones, then screamed at the ref as did Gordon right after both of them getting needlessly booked for dissent.
Our pitch is awful and it's definitely one of the worst plastic ones on offer. If the ball was getting stuck under the Hearts players feet I'd be sympathetic to then a bit. But they were passing the ball around fine and really well at time. The pitch or the players control wasn't an issue. The problem was the players' passes weren't in the right area or anywhere near dangerous or direct enough. That's down to Neilson to direct the side, not the pitch. My Hearts supporting brother messaged me last night slagging him for his comments and all the Hearts posters on here seem to be in agreement that he's talking shite so the only person he's kidding with his idiotic comments is himself.

Just now, 19QOS19 said:
6 minutes ago, the jambo-rocker said:

Our pitch is awful and it's definitely one of the worst plastic ones on offer. If the ball was getting stuck under the Hearts players feet I'd be sympathetic to then a bit. But they were passing the ball around fine and really well at time. The pitch or the players control wasn't an issue. The problem was the players' passes weren't in the right area or anywhere near dangerous or direct enough. That's down to Neilson to direct the side, not the pitch. My Hearts supporting brother messaged me last night slagging him for his comments and all the Hearts posters on here seem to be in agreement that he's talking shite so the only person he's kidding with his idiotic comments is himself.

Agree with all of this. The pitch looks markedly worse than the likes of Raith, but we started really well last night I thought. We moved it quickly, we were direct and getting loads of balls into the box.  It wasn't the pitch that stopped us doing that. 

Every time we drop points Neilson has excuses made. And frankly it's nonsense, if you keep making excuses for players they'll start to believe it and never take responsibility.