Scotland squad face March 2021

Craigieboy86

I would see Palmer as more of a standard full-back than a wing-back. He's probably slightly better defensively, but he's nowhere near as effective in the final third which is where our wing-backs spend a chunk of the games. I don't think his own form has been great either - he's been in and out of the Sheffield Wednesday team all season, and they're really toiling in the Championship.

I'd argue that our wing backs for Scotland spend the majority of the game in their own half or the second third of the pitch, rather than being so high up. Certainly on the right hand side with O'Donnell, maybe not so much with Robertson.

I was expecting next Mon/Tues. Recent managers have always left it to ~1.5 weeks before the games. Maybe so there is less scope for call offs.
For some reason I had it in my head that it was around two and a half weeks.

Chat today about Cadden being called up, would be surprised if it’s the case but he’s got a fantastic engine even if his final ball isn’t amazing.

Hope it’s true from purely selfish perspective to increase the chances of a Hibs player playing for Scotland at the Euros, considering Kevin Nisbet fucked it for himself with that strop he threw in January.

Chat today about Cadden being called up, would be surprised if it’s the case but he’s got a fantastic engine even if his final ball isn’t amazing.
Hope it’s true from purely selfish perspective to increase the chances of a Hibs player playing for Scotland at the Euros, considering Kevin Nisbet fucked it for himself with that strop he threw in January.

Where would he be playing for scotland? Always had it in my head he was a right back/wing back?

If Cadden gets called up for Scotland then the marketing team at Hibs who came out with that “best attacking full back in the league” tweet last month deserves a pay rise. “Best attacking full back” Cadden has zero goals and zero assists in his nine games this season. On Saturday he was hooked because he couldn’t get the better of Callum fucking Booth.

Edited by Jamie_Beatson

I was about to dismiss that as pishy paper talk... then remembered he has 2 caps already [emoji31]

How many players are included in this upcoming squad?
Don't think that there's a limit for these qualifiers?

I'm expecting Clarke to name 28-29 players, as he's spoken recently about the need to rotate with three games in quick succession.

So plenty of room for Feruz and Harper [emoji18]

7 hours ago, Gordopolis said:

I was about to dismiss that as pishy paper talk... then remembered he has 2 caps already emoji31.png

He's a good player, brilliant energy and physically very good. Wouldn't be surprised if he gets quite a few more caps. Not sure right now is the time for it though, he's not really settled in at Hibs yet.