P&B Ranks: The Top 42 Video Games of All-Time

Miguel Sanchez

Didn't see this in time to vote but looking forward to seeing the results and complaining from the outside when mines aren't involved. 

Me overarching memory of Gran Turismo 3 A-Spec was coming home from school, and seeing my dad play it in some sort of "manager mode" where you don't actually drive the cars, you just instruct the driver when to put the foot down and when to take it easy. Watching him "manage" a 50 lap endurance race of the Nuremburg led me to ponder "is this what I have to look forward to in life?". 

6 minutes ago, accies1874 said:

See for the oldies who have played the new and old versions of RE2, would there be any way for them to do the original Resident Evil in the style of the RE2 remake? I don't really see how it would work based on the ones I've played, but then I don't have that basis of playing the original second game.

They've already made Re:make for the Gamecube and remastered it to HD quality since then. It's by a considerable distance, the best of the RE:makes

7 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Literally just remembered a game and can't believe I never voted for it ffs. It hasn't been mentioned so far but another game sounds similar and it's prompted me. Hopefully voted by others :(

Dead Rising? 🧐

Was Gran Turismo 3 the one where it started to go a bit South?  I remember playing one of them and putting stupid hours into it, but I thought it was two.  I remember you spent the entire game like it was Auto Trader, picking up shitey cars and souping them up to build up your empire.  But then they moved away from that and just towards "pretty car driving simulator" and it got a bit shit.

I did try the most recent (I think) one when I got PSVR and it was fairly unremarkable.

11 minutes ago, Big Fifer said:

Didn't see this in time to vote but looking forward to seeing the results and complaining from the outside when mines aren't involved. 

Me overarching memory of Gran Turismo 3 A-Spec was coming home from school, and seeing my dad play it in some sort of "manager mode" where you don't actually drive the cars, you just instruct the driver when to put the foot down and when to take it easy. Watching him "manage" a 50 lap endurance race of the Nuremburg led me to ponder "is this what I have to look forward to in life?". 

That was B-Spec mode, in Gran Turismo 4, and at the Nurburgring. Couldn't have a race track in Nuremburg, too many Nazis about.

They've already made Re:make for the Gamecube and remastered it to HD quality since then. It's by a considerable distance, the best of the RE:makes
I mean the over the shoulder and modernised style of it.

36 minutes ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

That was B-Spec mode, in Gran Turismo 4, and at the Nurburgring. Couldn't have a race track in Nuremburg, too many Nazis about.

I think you're right enough. No idea why I typed Nuremberg 🤣

13 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:
1 hour ago, Stormzy said:
Dead Rising? emoji3166.png

Don't suppose it matters now - Uncharted! Spent hours on that franchise.

I've never played them! This thread is firmly putting me in the casual bracket.

Undertale was my pick, it's brilliant.

Originally started playing it when the wee man got stuck on one of the battles (Undyne), got obsessed with the gameplay and moral choices and ended up going back and playing from the start. 

The soundtrack is excellent as well. 

Finally, this is the hardest boss battle I think I've ever played. You do have a bad time 

MEGALOVANIA_soundtrack.png

Edited by Fuctifano

I missed out on the closed alpha for Back 4 Blood and so am in the huff with it, but will probably still get it at some point but not release because 50 pounds sterling for a game is not on.

6 hours ago, forameus said:

It definitely failed because of the model.  That model meant that for every new world they opened, after an initial period of excitement, the vast majority just fucked off.  Think it was 1000 to a world, and by the time it had settled down you probably had about 100 actually appearing.  

Like any live game of its type, it wasn't perfect, and it would have needed a lot of work, but the model they built meant they never built themselves enough time to actually do it.  If they'd anticipated their entire model being shit, they could have bought themselves the time and improved things (which they were doing prior to them canning it) but alas, no.  And they'll likely never try it again unfortunately, as the competitive nature of it added something that FM/CM have always been missing.

EDIT: Although looking at who you replied to, if you're saying that it didn't fail because of being priced as subscription, then you're right.  People were happy enough to pay that.  It failed because of the model they had after you'd paid.

EDIT2: And since we're in this thread, and you have to throw out aggressive comments, I completely disagree about a subscription based model for either FIFA or FM, think it would make the product worse rather than better, and believe it'll never happen.

EA's problem is the way micro-transactions were going. I've not kept up to date this year with what's been happening as I've wiped FIFA from my life, but there was a move towards packs being seen as gambling, and countries (Belgium initially but it seemed like more were in the works) had fully banned fifa points because of this. I can't see them giving up such a lucrative beast, and there's no way they'll accept an 18 Rating, so I think a sub model is a bit more likely in fifa than in FM at least.

The question is how they get around the packs / gambling problem of course. While there's money to be made from selling cosmetics, it's not going to replace the Billion sheet hole left from people no longer having a 0.000001% chance of pulling cr7. I'm sure they've got a few ideas up their sleeves anyway, the utter c***s. 

FIFA points remind me a bit of when the warehouse at the bottom of kelvinhall st first opened and they didn't have a licence to sell alcohol, so they sold "raffle tickets", the prize for which was a can of warm tennents. Every ticket a winner. Its basically the same loophole.