Next SNP leader

Next SNP leader  

85 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

8 minutes ago, Boo Khaki said:

I think it would be Humza or Swinney in a placeholder capacity until a full leadership contest after the May election.

Robertson isn't even an elected politician currently, and I don't think they'd have him lead the party, fail to win Edinburgh Central, then slither in via the list. Leave that embarrassing caper for unelectable non-entities like Douglas Ross, Murdo Fraser, and Annie Wells.

The Robertson shout is predicated on Sturgeon not resigning before the election and him actually being an MSP by the time the next leadership election is held.

4 minutes ago, BFTD said:

Why do so many folk think that Cherry's likely to be the next leader of the SNP? Don't potential leaders need to be popular in some way?

I think it's more likely that between now and the next Westminster GE, she's quietly informed that if she's expecting party backing to stand as an SNP candidate, she can get to f**k.

GC feminists will claim they'll drop the SNP if she goes, and it's will collapse the SNP vote, but they live in a total fantasy land that exists only inside their own heads. The overwhelming majority of the public are in favour of GRA reform, so if it's a straight choice between keeping or dropping vocal GC women, you retain more votes by binning them.

Edited by Boo Khaki

18 minutes ago, Boo Khaki said:

Cherry would have to overcome the fact that she's a complete charisma vacuum, more than half the party can't fucking stand her, and a good portion of  the general public believe she's a raging transphobe.

JC would be the full scorched earth appointment. Can't see it happening in a million years.

She just happens to believe in biological sex which most folks support.

No big deal.

Apart from that, far too abrasive.

Just now, Dawson Park Boy said:

She just happens to believe in biological sex which most folks support.

No big deal.

Apart from that, far too abrasive.

Bold claim, considering that every single piece of evidence, public consultancy, shows that people are overwhelmingly supportive of GRA reform. 2 to 1 approximately.

2 minutes ago, Boo Khaki said:

Bold claim, considering that every single piece of evidence, public consultancy, shows that people are overwhelmingly supportive of GRA reform. 2 to 1 approximately.

I don’t think it’s ever been properly explained to the general public.

For some reason, politicians seem to dodge around it as a subject.

Its only hen people like JKR and Jenni Murray start writing articles that it’s given any prominence 

If you are an SNP supporter look on the bright side, if Nicola Sturgeon had resigned a year ago she'd have been replaced by a binge drinking sex pest who was grooming a teenager online.  Based on that, the prospect of the parade of uselessness above looks less frightening.

Edited by ICTChris

1 hour ago, BFTD said:

I met Keith Brown a few times not long after he was first elected as an MSP. He seems like a nice enough lad, but I wouldn't have taken any odds on there ever being any possibility of him becoming First Minister of Scotland.

Hope for us all, lads.

Keith Brown is ex British Army, so he’s no chance. Kate Forbes is Free Church of Scotland, so she has no chance either.

It’ll need to be a Central belt based, celtic minded type, to placate the snp masses. Stephen Bonnar or Margaret Ferrier would be my bet!

30 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

John Hughes. Think he'd give us a guid, hard-working group o boys tae lead the country.

We should save him should there ever be the need for an Indyref Shree.

I don’t think she will go but if Sturgeon does resign and the SNP lose the election or at least don’t win a majority then I think we could see some really unexpected consequences for Scottish politics and society. I think a significant part of what gets called the ‘Yes movement’ will become more extreme, embittered and conspiratorial, traits that aren’t exactly lacking in some of them at the best of times. Without wishing to sound melodramatic there are lots of people in this country who have invested so much in independence, the SNP and sturgeon personally that we could see some sort of backlash or reaction of some sort.

Most importantly, it would all be really, really funny. As above, I don’t think it’ll happen though.