How Do We Solve a Problem Like Obesity?

21 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

Finally you’re getting it. That being said, a daily 400 calorie excess would not put on 3 stone over a year.

Anyway, if you take the example (the one that everyone else has been taking since you made the original nonsense post) and say someone with a BMR of 2000 and eats 3000 calories a day puts on weight, then changes their daily pizza size so starts to only eat 2500 calories a day instead, will they lose weight like you’ve said they would multiple times?

I had it when I posted it, ain't going to make people look foolish if I'd put it up in that manner last night. 

Thanks for playing, it was fun. 

24 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

Finally you’re getting it. That being said, a daily 400 calorie excess would not put on 3 stone over a year.

Anyway, if you take the example (the one that everyone else has been taking since you made the original nonsense post) and say someone with a BMR of 2000 and eats 3000 calories a day puts on weight, then changes their daily pizza size so starts to only eat 2500 calories a day instead, will they lose weight like you’ve said they would multiple times?

I can do mental arithmetic, I don't need anyone to show their workings, embarrassing. 

25 minutes ago, Genuine Hibs Fan said:

Why is a pizza that's 2/3s the size only 4/9s the calories? 

The answer I believe is that with that 1 change, those questionable differences aside, then yes. The issue is that someone who considers eating a slightly smaller pizza every day to be an efficient weight loss tool is unlikely to keep all the other variables the same and will make up the caloric deficit through other, likely equally unhealthy, ways.

No, it's 4/9ths the size. 

15 minutes ago, throbber said:

Because it’s a circle and you figure out area by  pi*r^2

Easier to calculate without pi in this instance. 

1 minute ago, ayrmad said:

I can do mental arithmetic, I don't need anyone to show their workings, embarrassing. 

Your original post said that a person eating a smaller pizza every day would lose weight. That was, and still is, not correct in the majority of cases. You’ve then come up with a specific example that apparently was in your head the entire time to prove you were right.

Admit you made an arse of the original nonsense point and let’s all move on.

Would initial water retention weight not fall off you if you started consuming less calories? It only seems logical that if you reduce your calories from say 4000 to 3000 a day you would see the weight fall off somehow?

2 minutes ago, Genuine Hibs Fan said:

Sorry I assumed the area was 8 and 12 inch. If you mean radius or diameter in future please be more specific so we can follow along with your pizza weight loss plan

That is such a ridiculous post. 

5 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

Your original post said that a person eating a smaller pizza every day would lose weight. That was, and still is, not correct in the majority of cases. You’ve then come up with a specific example that apparently was in your head the entire time to prove you were right.

Admit you made an arse of the original nonsense point and let’s all move on.

It's quite obvious to any observer reading all these post that you made a c**t of it, my figures were chosen to take away the wiggle room that the P&B's like yourself would try to use. 

Wasn't me that said someone eating only shite couldn't lose weight eating less shite, now you're trying to claim some sort of arithmetical upper hand when you made a James Hunt of it. 

4 minutes ago, ayrmad said:

It's quite obvious to any observer reading all these post that you made a c**t of it, my figures were chosen to take away the wiggle room that the P&B's like yourself would try to use. 

Wasn't me that said someone eating only shite couldn't lose weight eating less shite, now you're trying to claim some sort of arithmetical upper hand when you made a James Hunt of it. 

You're living in a fantasy if you think that's what this series of posts show to any observer tbh mate

1 minute ago, Genuine Hibs Fan said:

You're living in a fantasy if you think that's what this series of posts show to any observer tbh mate

Says the person that orders his pizza in square inches. 

1 minute ago, ayrmad said:

Says the person that orders his pizza in square inches. 

Keeps the calorie count down though! 

Seriously though, if you need to state an incredibly specific set of circumstances, and insist that all other variables are ignored, in order for your argument to work, it is not a good argument I'm afraid.

In the real world (to apply the methodology of the University of Life) a person who continues to eat pizza every day is extremely unlikely to not make a partially or completely equalizing unhealthy choice - "let's have this massive garlic baguette as the pizza's so small, let's have a pudding as the pizza's so small, better have a big lunch as dinner is less than half the calories I'm used to, I don't have the energy to exercise as I'm in calorie deficit and still eating junk every day so of course"

4 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

^^^ Too thick to use a simple equation when ordering fast food

Pizza is well down my list of preferred junk food. 

No doubt you'll buy 2 fully loaded 8 inchers for £12 as it's a bargain compared to that 12 incher at a tenner. 

11 minutes ago, Genuine Hibs Fan said:

Keeps the calorie count down though! 

Seriously though, if you need to state an incredibly specific set of circumstances, and insist that all other variables are ignored, in order for your argument to work, it is not a good argument I'm afraid.

In the real world (to apply the methodology of the University of Life) a person who continues to eat pizza every day is extremely unlikely to not make a partially or completely equalizing unhealthy choice - "let's have this massive garlic baguette as the pizza's so small, let's have a pudding as the pizza's so small, better have a big lunch as dinner is less than half the calories I'm used to, I don't have the energy to exercise as I'm in calorie deficit and still eating junk every day so of course"

You all post like every overweight person is gorging all day, a couple of large Costa latte' added during your work day will expand the waistband of an active healthy eater fairly quickly if they don't cut calories elsewhere or up their activity, 37lbs worth of calories over year. 

Edited by ayrmad

13 minutes ago, ayrmad said:

Pizza is well down my list of preferred junk food. 

No doubt you'll buy 2 fully loaded 8 inchers for £12 as it's a bargain compared to that 12 incher at a tenner. 

Can we stay on topic please, lets stick to pizza

Just now, ayrmad said:

You all post like every overweight person is gorging all day, a couple of large Costa latte' during your work day will expand the waistband of an active healthy eater fairly quickly if they don't cut calories elsewhere or up their activity, 37lbs worth of calories over year. 

Right, so if we assume that someone is only unhealthy in that they eat an 1800 calorie pizza EVERY DAY (a massive assumption), that their BMR etc are exactly in line with what you mentioned, and that they make no compensating unhealthy choices (another massive assumption) then wire in and continue to eat a smaller pizza every day. Worked for the TMNT I guess and they were as fit as a flea