How Do We Solve a Problem Like Obesity?

10 minutes ago, ayrmad said:

Get your abacus out. 

There isn't an abacus that would work for this, champ. It's impossible to say what would happen in that case given the many other factors that would come into play - starting weight, exercise level, muscle mass etc..

As someone who read multiple pages of ayrmad arguing in one of the politics threads about it being obvious that Nicola Sturgeon doesn't want a referendum, and if you can't believe that then you're going to get an inferred insult because I think it makes me look intelligent not actually saying what I want to say, I suggest you all run away now. 

Or remember the time when pizza was a vegetable: US Congress rules that pizza is a vegetable · TheJournal.ie

12 minutes ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

As someone who read multiple pages of ayrmad arguing in one of the politics threads about it being obvious that Nicola Sturgeon doesn't want a referendum, and if you can't believe that then you're going to get an inferred insult because I think it makes me look intelligent not actually saying what I want to say, I suggest you all run away now. 

Or remember the time when pizza was a vegetable: US Congress rules that pizza is a vegetable · TheJournal.ie

"Things that should be classed as a vegetable" would be a splendid thread, and definitely wouldn't be nuked by a horrified mod on a Sunday night.

24 minutes ago, Gaz said:

There isn't an abacus that would work for this, champ. It's impossible to say what would happen in that case given the many other factors that would come into play - starting weight, exercise level, muscle mass etc..

Why, nobody said the person is doing anything differently, they are only consuming 1000 calories less per day. 

No doubt we'll only be counting the one in a million person out there to suit the argument chump. 

51 minutes ago, invergowrie arab said:

Are you saying if you have  banana on toast every day for breakfast just stop having the banana and you will lose a a stone in a year?

No but if your diet and activity remained constant you will lose weight. 

24 minutes ago, BFTD said:

"Things that should be classed as a vegetable" would be a splendid thread, and definitely wouldn't be nuked by a horrified mod on a Sunday night.

I would say less horrified, more raging that someone started it on their Sunday stint.

3 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

This just isn’t correct. You would marginally  slow down your weight gain, but not lose weight unless you went into calorie deficit.

He never mentioned anything about someone increasing in weight. 

5 minutes ago, Day of the Lords said:

Is this hypothetic nutcase eating nothing other than one pizza per day?

Wild. 

No, he's hypothetically eating the same shit every day and doing the same shit everyday. 

2 minutes ago, ayrmad said:

No, he's hypothetically eating the same shit every day and doing the same shit everyday. 

Whether or not he loses any weight would depend considerably on his BMR and whatever other same shit he was eating every day. Changing to a slightly smaller pizza will not result in him losing 3 stone in a year. 

For example, if he's consuming 3500 calories a day and switches to a smaller pizza which takes him down to 3000 calories a day, he's still going to gain weight because (assuming he doesn't exercise the same every day) he is almost certainly going to still be miles above his BMR. 

6 minutes ago, Day of the Lords said:

Whether or not he loses any weight would depend considerably on his BMR and whatever other same shit he was eating every day. Changing to a slightly smaller pizza will not result in him losing 3 stone in a year. 

For example, if he's consuming 3500 calories a day and switches to a smaller pizza which takes him down to 3000 calories a day, he's still going to gain weight because (assuming he doesn't exercise the same every day) he is almost certainly going to still be miles above his BMR. 

It's not a slightly smaller pizza and all other things are equal. 

3 minutes ago, ayrmad said:

It's not a slightly smaller pizza and all other things are equal. 

If his calorie intake is above his BMR + calories burned exercising then he will not lose weight. Unless he swaps out the pizza for a Phal curry each day and shites himself thin.

17 minutes ago, Day of the Lords said:

If his calorie intake is above his BMR + calories burned exercising then he will not lose weight. Unless he swaps out the pizza for a Phal curry each day and shites himself thin.

This is about obese inactive people who only eat junk food, folk can dance around all they like but someone who only puts on 3 stone over a year then consumes 1000 calories less will lose weight. 

Disappointing but not surprising that some have tied themselves up due to me being the poster. 

Aye but what if the fat b*****d takes up running, ffs. 

Edited by ayrmad

16 minutes ago, virginton said:

Looks the University of Life is taking another solid L with this clown running across a minefield display. Fort William will be getting worried about their records. 

You'll not be of any use as a calculator fires out shite when those pressing the buttons input shite. 

5 minutes ago, ayrmad said:

This is about obese inactive people who only eat junk food, folk can dance around all they like but someone who only puts on 3 stone over a year then consumes 1000 calories less will lose weight. 

Disappointing but not surprising that some have tied themselves up due to me being the poster. 

Aye but what if the fat b*****d takes up running, ffs. 

This has nothing to do with you, as much as you'd like it to be. You're just wrong. 

For example, my current BMR is 1742 calories per day. If my intake is 3500 calories which includes a daily big f**k off pizza, and I reduce that by even 1000 calories a day, I will still put on weight, just more gradually because my net intake is still going to be 800 calories a day or so above my BMR. It's not that difficult a concept.