How Do We Solve a Problem Like Obesity?

Plenty of sandwiches are low in fat and/or low in calories. In any case, it doesn't really matter because it is actually a more sensible time to consume the bulk of your calories rather than in the evening. And the net impact - which determines obesity - depends on how much of a shift you put in each day.

Other than that, a solid 0/10 contribution from your hot take. 

1 minute ago, Aufc said:

In a way, I tend to agree with what your man is saying. The sandwiches from the shops can sometimes be about 500-600 calories. Add in a packet of crisps and a can of fizzy juice and it is not overly nutritious. That’s about 800 calories for your lunch. Obviously fine if you are doing it once in a blue moon as you are rushing for time. However, doing that every day is not overly healthy. Although this would need to looked at in the wider context of the persons lifestyle

800 calories is roughly 1/3rd of the daily total for an active man, so it's actually fine in that sense. There are certainly more nutritious ways of eating but to claim that it's 'not a meal' is patently ridiculous. 

4 minutes ago, Aufc said:

In a way, I tend to agree with what your man is saying. The sandwiches from the shops can sometimes be about 500-600 calories. Add in a packet of crisps and a can of fizzy juice and it is not overly nutritious. That’s about 800 calories for your lunch. Obviously fine if you are doing it once in a blue moon as you are rushing for time. However, doing that every day is not overly healthy. Although this would need to looked at in the wider context of the persons lifestyle

Absolutely no one is claiming that they are ‘overly healthy’ though, are they? Oaksoft has some cold meat with mayo for his lunch so I don’t think I’ll be taking nutritional advice from that culinary expert any time soon.

Plenty of sandwiches are low in fat and/or low in calories. In any case, it doesn't really matter because it is actually a more sensible time to consume the bulk of your calories rather than in the evening. And the net impact - which determines obesity - depends on how much of a shift you put in each day.
Other than that, a solid 0/10 contribution from your hot take. 

Intrigued by your thought on why it is a more sensible time to consume bulk of your calories? Would disagree with this.

Absolutely no one is claiming that they are ‘overly healthy’ though, are they? Oaksoft has some cold meat with mayo for his lunch so I don’t think I’ll be taking nutritional advice from that culinary expert any time soon.

[emoji23] I did want to comment on cold meat and mayo for lunch. Sounds fucking awful

4 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

The veritable army of fat b*****ds out there would suggest they are not buying low calorie versions of anything right now in any great quantity.

Nor are they constraining themselves to a single high calorie meal per day at lunch.

Maybe you are right though and they are all just big boned....

That may we'll be true, but just two minutes ago you were claiming that it wasn't a meal at all. Your mewling climbdown is noted. 

3 minutes ago, Aufc said:

Intrigued by your thought on why it is a more sensible time to consume bulk of your calories? Would disagree with this.

For the majority of people, the body is able to metabolise energy more effectively and has greater insulin sensitivity earlier in the day than later in the evening. Breakfast>lunch>dinner is therefore appropriate. 

Although it doesn't help if you can't stay out of the biscuit tin between times. 

Healthy food often does to those who eat shite all day. [emoji23]

I eat healthy. Almost certainly more healthy than you. I can guarantee my healthy food is about a million times better than fucking cold meat and mayo [emoji23]

16 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

Surprisingly, your combination here would only be about 100 calories more than the sandwich/crisp/juice combination.

That used to be me about 13 years ago, more days than not. Nowadays, it's usually a home made salad, or something we've cooked mainly veggies.

For the majority of people, the body is able to metabolise energy more effectively and has greater insulin sensitivity earlier in the day than later in the evening. Breakfast>lunch>dinner is therefore appropriate. 
Although it doesn't help if you can't stay out of the biscuit tin between times. 

I would imagine eating 800 calories at lunch would just bag me up and end up with me sleeping in the afternoon. My lunch is usually about 350-400

When I was doing my plan, I was on 2322 calories on days I was at the gym and 2000 on rest days. Eating 800 at lunch wouldn’t leave you many for the rest of the day, especially if you want to have a decent pre workout meal to help.

I realise I’ll probably get slaughtered by the left wing mob but there’s a serious point to be made about the Tory MP who said people who go to foodbanks should be given lessons on cooking and how to make good and healthy meals at minimum cost. The number of great meals which can be made from a cheap chicken, a boiled ham or brisket plus a few vegetables is amazing.

IIt strikes me as condescending saying that people on the breadline can’t be helped in practical ways rather than throwing cash and food at them. We can all improve our home management skills and I see nothing wrong in that suggestion.
Again, on energy consumption, I’ve been using my smart meter much more and being more efficient where possible.

I think there’s a generation out there who maybe didn’t learn how to manage through harsh times and this is certainly a time where everyone could do with a bit more frugality.

2 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

I realise I’ll probably get slaughtered by the left wing mob but there’s a serious point to be made about the Tory MP who said people who go to foodbanks should be given lessons on cooking and how to make good and healthy meals at minimum cost. The number of great meals which can be made from a cheap chicken, a boiled ham or brisket plus a few vegetables is amazing.

IIt strikes me as condescending saying that people on the breadline can’t be helped in practical ways rather than throwing cash and food at them. We can all improve our home management skills and I see nothing wrong in that suggestion.
Again, on energy consumption, I’ve been using my smart meter much more and being more efficient where possible.

I think there’s a generation out there who maybe didn’t learn how to manage through harsh times and this is certainly a time where everyone could do with a bit more frugality.

Oh look, the most predictable post of all time 😂

GTF

Shut up you absolute fucking wretch

1 minute ago, Bairnardo said:
11 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

Shut up you absolute fucking wretch

Careful now, he'll go crying to the mods yet again

His point of course is nonsense. Reducing people to abject fucking poverty then blaming them for not being able to rustle up some ham and veg for 30p is classic miserable right-wing bullshit.