Royal Family Crisis

Harry's at it again, I see. His timing, as always, utterly awful. When the BBC are getting a slagging about Di's interview, he comes out with his "truth bomb" interview. Manages to slag off the royal family pretty comprehensively.

I thought initially it was a bit off investigating Martin Bashir whilst he was riddled with Covid and very unwell, but if Panorama is prepared to deceive the Royal Family, they won't think twice about doing it elsewhere. 

There is almost certainly a wider BBC scandal here. 

I remember the interview back in the day. I have vague memories of Martin Bashir being seen as a bit dodgy at the time but also there was much commentary about Di being able to manipulate the interview to her own ends. Strange how views change over 25 years. 

Obviously the whole Saville/Yewtree scandal is different but I can't help slightly thinking that bashing the Beeb for this now is  a bit like watching a repeat of "Birds of a Feather" from 1996 and demanding the current Head of Comedy resign because it's unfunny pish.  

Martin Bashir is a creepy little c**t. His interview with Michael Jackson was also highly duplicitous, he swooned with praise during it and said how great Jackson’s relationships with the children in it were then afterwards publicised it based on it showing that Jacko was a paedo. This was exposed during the trial by his defence and probably contributed to Jackson being acquitted. Great job Martin. Journalistic ethics in the 1990s really were in the gutter, this was a time where completely fucking celebrities by any means necessary was par for the course. 

One thing that’s come up today is that Meghan apparently told Harry that the only reason she didn’t kill herself early in their marriage was because of the fact that he’d already lost his mother. That sort of behaviour is deeply concerning. Using threats of suicide in relationships to control your partner is abusive. I have known people who have had partners threaten suicide or make suicidal gestures when there have been problems on their relationships and it is a massive red flag. I don’t really pay much attention to any of the Harry and Meghan story because who has the time really, but it’s worth reiterating what a worrying and seriously bad behaviour it is.

1 hour ago, Day of the Lords said:
1 hour ago, Forest_Fifer said:
I remember when he was a semi-serious journalist. Then they put him out to pasture as the royal correspondent. Time for the knackers yard.

Wasn't he one of the main BBC news presenters at one point?

He was and he famously featured when protestors invaded the BBC news studios as the news was being broadcast. Can’t remember what the protest was about though.

52 minutes ago, Detournement said:

Can someone explain to me why a bank statement made her do an interview? 

It appeared to confirm her suspicion that members of her staff were spying on her for security services on behalf of the Royal Family and for newspapers.

Its a good look for Harry constantly complaining how hard done by he is and how he hates being in the spotlight and wants to live a normal life, while doing Oprah and living in a multimillion dollar house, Im sure no one is going to tire of hearing that.