Sarah Everard

4 hours ago, No_Problemo said:

I hated it.

The attitude described above was definitely prevalent at times, and the only interest on my shift was attempting to give out traffic tickets all day - which was incredibly boring. To be perfectly honest, I joined as I didn’t know what else I could do that would earn me decent money - I quickly realised i could do something else. I could count on one hand the amount of times I actually helped someone over that two year period. 

I still deal with the police quite regularly in my current role, there has definitely been progress in terms of some of the trauma aware stuff for children and some are very good. On the other hand though, I still often hear horror stories. 

Cheers I only asked as I know a few folk who joined the police and they tend to fall into 3 categories.

1. They hate it, they can see how most folk are power hungry wee arseholes who's authority has went to their head. They end up leaving and never really speak of it again.
2. They are the type of arsehole who you'd expect to love have that wee bit of power. They drift away from their pals and are often seen scowling at folk in the pub.
3. The rare case where they enjoy their role and end up with long careers and are still a nice person.

2 hours ago, DiegoDiego said:

In all my dealings with the police they've been extremely helpful and pleasant.

Though once I was watching a Scotland match in Porters near Jock's Lodge and after a customer said something a bit rude about a dark skinned player, another regular shouted over at him "Shut the f**k up Tam you racist old b*****d, no wonder you got kicked out the polis."

Not long reopened with a wee make over.

A mate of mine joined the police briefly, heard a High Street window smash round the corner whilst on probation and ran in the opposite direction. Decided it wasn't for him.

Edited by welshbairn

Also reading there about fellow officers speaking on his behalf at sentencing. He's admitted it, been found guilty and they're still standing up for him. Whole Met is bent.

Sent from my SM-A426B using Tapatalk

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-york-north-yorkshire-58762029.amp
Jesus Christ. 
Does he really think that Sarah Everard should've become uncooperative and added "resisting arrest" to whatever supposed breach of Covid rules Couzan was arresting her for?
No wonder public trust of the Police is through the floor. Absolute c***s.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

48 minutes ago, Jeff Venom said:

There's yer North Yorkshire police commissioner Philip Allott saying women should be streetwise and know the law.

Furiously backtracking right now I think, so as to not sound like a victim-blaming idiot.

Sent from my LLD-L31 using Tapatalk

Maybe they should, but you don't have to expect to know the law when dealing with the upholders of the law.

But obviously not.

23 hours ago, Left Back said:

Starting point for murders involving sex is 30 years.  If he did successfully appeal his sentence I'd expect that to be the minimum.  He'd be knocking on 80 when eligible for parole and playing devils advocate here how many 80 year olds would be deemed at risk of kidnapping, raping and murdering young women?

Can't see him winning an appeal against his sentence though.  Being a serving police office and using that fact to facilitate his crime is surely enough of an aggravating factor to justify the whole life term.

Whole life terms are under a bit of pressure already( though maybe not so much now in Brexit land),  but if he gets say 40 year minimum then its as good as.

He's got nothing to lose at this point anyway,  an appeal at worst keeps him occupied for a bit.

12 minutes ago, Day of the Lords said:

No wonder public trust of the Police is through the floor. Absolute c***s.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Those comments came from a Police and Crime Commissioner, to whom the local police force is accountable. The PCC is a really fucking pointless thing that England now elects because David Cameron thought it would be a good idea, and is done alongside council elections. Weirdly, the Met is not accountable to the Mayor of London, but the Home Secretary. 

If that's the attitude you have from those at the top, what fucking chance do you have? Those attitudes seep down. 

Edited by Michael W

“He’s not one of us, not a real police officer, and anyway she should have known more about police protocols and it wouldn’t have happened”

The higher ups in the police really have shown themselves to be, almost universally, utter fucking c***s over the last few days. 

6 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

I liked the advice to dial 999.

"Here I am being potentially abducted by a policeman...I know, I'll  phone for some more. What could possibly go wrong."

I don't have any experience with the police, collectively or individually, but I doubt "please don't arrest me right now, I want to phone up and check you're really police" is the security method people are looking for

Maybe they should, but you don't have to expect to know the law when dealing with the upholders of the law.
But obviously not.
Maybe the old, male police commissioner should have a think about what he's actually saying if they are to claw back any sort of trust from the position they're currently occupying (i.e. the sewer).

Sent from my LLD-L31 using Tapatalk

35 minutes ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

“He’s not one of us, not a real police officer, and anyway she should have known more about police protocols and it wouldn’t have happened”

The higher ups in the police really have shown themselves to be, almost universally, utter fucking c***s over the last few days. 

The police minister also decide to helpfully tell women they were entitled to ask officers for ID, as if this guy wasn't in possession of a fully-valid Metropolitan Police warrant card.

Those comments from the Yorkshire commissioner say it all. The police aren't upset about the kidnap, rape and murder of a defenceless women. They are upset because it is one of their own has been sent down.

If Johnson has the slightest backbone, he should have made Priti Patel sack Cressida Dick on the spot yesterday and then promptly sacked Patel himself.

6 minutes ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

Those comments from the Yorkshire commissioner say it all. The police aren't upset about the kidnap, rape and murder of a defenceless women. They are upset because it is one of their own has been sent down.

If Johnson has the slightest backbone, he should have made Priti Patel sack Cressida Dick on the spot yesterday and then promptly sacked Patel himself.

Cressida Dick is unsackable and has been for fifteen years. She was the officer in charge of the team that assassinated a Brazilian electrician in Stockwell Tube Station, and somehow nobody managed to get any kind of disciplinary sanctions for that. On the contrary, she got promoted a few months later...