Sarah Everard

42 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

There's an ongoing case in Dundee right now that I'm surprised not hit the national media yet.

https://www.eveningtelegraph.co.uk/fp/troon-avenue-man-accused-of-double-murder-including-alleged-hammer-attack/

They've been digging up the floorboards and apparently garden as well hunting for the bodies.

Sorry for taking the thread off-beat but it's just madness.

Yeah for how horrendous it is (and the rumours are fucking grim) it's equally hard to wrap your head around why someone in their mid twenties would come here with their two kids to meet a 50 year old off the internet. 

49 minutes ago, Detournement said:

They probably don't want people to think that he used his uniform or police vehicle as part of the abduction. 

Unrelated but there was a case last year where a man dressed as police officer with lights on his car assualted a couple in Strathclyde Park which doesn't seem to have led to any arrests. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/local-news/man-impersonating-police-officer-robs-21272688.amp

Reminds me of a Private Eye clip from a court report in which a man, when stopped by police for driving erratically, was found to have his trousers down at his ankles.

He was later charged with impersonating a police officer! 

44 minutes ago, Detournement said:

I think in cares like these where there is time between the search/investigation beginning and the case being resolved it is perfect for a multi day media narrative.

If someone gets stabbed and is dead on the street then there's not much else to say.

Stunned neighbours said they were shocked by the senseless murder.

He was very quiet

Kept himself to himself

You wouldn't have known he was there

Always said hello

Ideal neighbour

*Applies equally to the victim and the perpetrator.

1 hour ago, Jacksgranda said:

I doubt most of us would do much once we've been 6 feet under...

Glad you've acknowledged my habit of exploring various underground cavities, which just happen to be handy for stashing corpses.

FWIW, this is what happened when my other half and I went out for a casual walk last weekend:

"I'll be back in a minute, just checking this out..."

image.png.7138cd0200e6254c350773b3f1e7a7a4.png

Edited by Hedgecutter

31 minutes ago, Louis Litt said:

Yeah for how horrendous it is (and the rumours are fucking grim) it's equally hard to wrap your head around why someone in their mid twenties would come here with their two kids to meet a 50 year old off the internet. 

I've had plenty of WhatsApp messages about it. Sounds like a Dundonian version of Fred West. Horrific.

31 minutes ago, Louis Litt said:

At a guess she apparently moved here from the Philippines to marry a British guy so she probably wanted to ditch him and thought the Dundee guy would be a good option. 

A sad story.

7 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

Stunned neighbours said they were shocked by the senseless murder.

He was very quiet

Kept himself to himself

You wouldn't have known he was there

Always said hello

Ideal neighbour

*Applies equally to the victim and the perpetrator.

In Fred West's case, it was said he spent a lot of time digging, and pottering about in his garden.

51 minutes ago, Louis Litt said:

Something seriously grim to come out of this I fear, given that lack of coverage. 

Either that or she’s locked herself in my shed by accident.

I remember about 5 or 6 years ago a guy working for G4S security at some conference in the SECC followed a doctor who was over from Thailand to give a seminar into the toilets and just fucking mashed her head in with a fire extinguisher whilst on duty.

No sexual motive, no robbery, nothing. He just bludgeoned her to death seemingly at random. 

Its a really sad case have to think London really needs to look at it's policing seems to be murder on the streets of the city everyday. Got to think that if it was the polis who did it got caught after a few days either he's not the brightest button in the box or the investigating officers are different class.

2 hours ago, KingRocketman II said:

aye - offering assurance to the public that a police officer in uniform represents safety/law and order. 

More generally I am always slightly surprised how prominent the coverage is devoted to an attack/abduction of an individual . There is always a sensationalist element to it and such stories seems to engage the public and media a like. A man getting murdered/knifed/attacked in a housing estate barely gets coverage; a woman getting attacked perhaps murdered (hopefully not in this case) gets prominent endless coverage. 

This is not to diminish from the seriousness of this crime or to trivialise concern over the missing women. Am merely pointing out the inconsistency in the media's approach (and public appetite) to something like this. Is it because it could happen to anyone (ie this could happen to my wife/daughter/me) whereas a knifing in a scheme or by a teenager in London is more likely to affect the more marginalised? 

Definite missing white woman syndrome comes into play.

Think of all missing persons cases of prominence in UK in the last 30 years. Almost all are female. The only notable exception I can think of being James Bulger.

In terms of the housing scheme stabbing point too, I dare say coverage is fleeting as the general perception of the public is that people in schemes getting stabbed is either par for the course or these young men must have been up to something a bit off in the first place to set off that course of action. As unfair as that really is, it's true.

I grew up in Ferguslie Park and have been targeted and left legit fearing for my life twice in my youth and it's fucking horrifying. 

Once I was walking up my own street at about 12 years old and got a knife held to my throat by another 12 year old whilst his mate stood behind him with a crowbar, just for tackling him in a game of football we'd both played in a few days before. The reality is that a 12 year old is almost certainly not going to actually do anything but in my young brain, I didn't know that. This boy knew I could take him in a fight 100 times out of 100 and already had done a few times previously when daft boyish arguments over games of cuppy got out of hand. The blade was more than an equaliser and it worked. I fucking shit myself and was a wreck for weeks afterwards, actively avoiding the boy as I was now convinced that any confrontation would end up with me dead.

Another time outside my own house when I was about 14 or 15, a late summer night as it was starting to get dark and I was just standing talking to 3 mates. A junkie (who was known to us) staggered past us and without saying anything produced a fucking huge machete from his joggies and started after us....we scarpered in 4 directions and it was me he decided to focus on. I bolted in the house with this c**t in pursuit. My old man heard the commotion of me holding the close door shut and asked WTF was going on as, panicking, I told him that said junkie had just came after us with a big fuckoff blade. Without a word, he produced a shinty stick that was always kept behind the door and I could see the red mist went down. Even though the banging at the close door had now stopped and the arsehole was about 30-40 yards walking up the road, my old man decided he wasn't having a bit of it and decided to go out and I was sure he was going to get knifed.

Nah, he got within 6 feet of him, shouted his name and as he was on the turn and ready to go back towards his joggies for the blade, the sound of a sickening 'THWACK' rung out as my old man caught him flush on the temple with the flat side of the wooden shinty stick and the fucker crumpled... like actually folded down on himself. My dad fired a few angered boots into the sparked bampot's ribs for good measure and stoated back in the house. I breathed a sigh of relief when he got up after a few minutes but the effect of getting chased a second time for no reason left me a bit of a nervous wreck. The junkie came from a pretty notorious family in the area and it seems that he never had any memory of the event (a shinty stick to the temple does have amnesiac properties I'd imagine) as there were never any retaliations or further incidents.

Edited by djchapsticks

3 minutes ago, Busta Nut said:

I'm shocked that a polis is found out to be a weirdo sex pest murderer.

What's the rumours about what happened? Someone PM me if it's too gory

I think you're conflating two cases the one in London looks to be fairly straightforward the one in Dundee is meant to be grim as f**k, although not seen any rumours about it.

The sad ending which seemed increasingly likely as it went on.

They were searching the woodlands right next to the policeman's house last night, if that's where the body has been found then f**k me he's not the sharpest.  

Edited by Fratelli