Is Football as a sport unfairly targeted?

Is Football as a sport unfairly targeted?  

48 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

18 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

I'd love to think that a relaxation of the rules would make most just have a relaxed drink whilst they travel to the football but I genuinely feel most would just view it as anything goes.

That's fair enough. No real argument here.

Well, I doubt we will ever find out anyway. Everytime something like Sunday happens it knocks it back a few years.

53 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

There is no social benefit to selling drink in grounds. It's about revenue and everything else is window dressing. That said I'm not that bothered and some people would like the choice.

Having to constantly let people in and out of the row for more beer/regular trips to the toilet is fucking rage inducing at the rugby.

1 hour ago, Ric said:

You are obviously more intelligent than this. I really don't understand why you are being obtuse here.

Nobody is being obtuse. I never even read the rest of your post as you started it with such unadulterated pish. Football - or supporting of a club - is in no way "tribal". 

The fact people can't keep their emotions in check is their problem - not a problem of football. 

5 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

I never even read the rest of your post...

That was obvious, if you had you might have actually learned that I expressed the same opinion as your second statement.

You've just made yourself look very stupid here.

8 minutes ago, Ric said:

That was obvious, if you had you might have actually learned that I expressed the same opinion as your second statement.

You've just made yourself look very stupid here.

I've made myself look stupid because I never read something where you openly admit to starting your essay then completely contradicting that by the end? 

OK. 

5 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

I've made myself look stupid because I never read something where you openly admit to starting your essay then completely contradicting that by the end? 

OK. 

Only compounding your stupidity there as there is no contradiction in my post. You've read 3 words of a long post, jumped to the wrong conclusion and had a little hissy fit trying to defend it. Imagine going to all that trouble for a post you never read? I honestly credited you with a lot more intelligence than you are showing here.

Anyway, I feel we're done here. I'll leave it up to others to debate the merits of your claim.

4 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

You regularly see piss stained rugby fans shitting around Edinburgh after 6 Nations games. 

Rugby fans regularly abuse folk on trains etc., before and after matches as they're so tanked up. There's multiple examples of this within Scotland over the past decade.

Rugby fans are treated differently. A pissed Rugby fan with spew down his front is waved into the stadium and handed another drink, the equivalent football fan is jumped on by 3 stewards refusing him entry, they then call police over who huckle him into a van, while his mates try and tell them he's done nothing wrong, and it escalates. 

One doesn't get reported, the other becomes a "football fans JAILED after drunken brawl!" story.

I’ve been to a few rugby internationals at Murrayfield and the “edge” a poster mentioned earlier in regards to football is not there. A pish stained  lout at the rugby would be called out by fellow fans.

I was at a Scotland v England game a few years back and was surprised/disappointed at how friendly it all was. Rival fans sat together and fired mild insults at each other. I was getting more animated than those around me and I’m not that big a rugby fan.

Give me a football crowd every day of the week 

5 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

You regularly see piss stained rugby fans shitting around Edinburgh after 6 Nations games

I live close to the centre of Edinburgh and - while I dont follow rugby - have never seen anyone shitting in the street after a rugby game, football match or anything else for that matter.

I am sure it must happen, but "regularly"? 

2 hours ago, Leith Green said:

I live close to the centre of Edinburgh and - while I dont follow rugby - have never seen anyone shitting in the street after a rugby game, football match or anything else for that matter.

I am sure it must happen, but "regularly"? 

PM me your address and I’ll see what I can arrange.