Rovers vs. ICT

Keeping the ball only takes us so far.  

It doesn't look like the midfield know when to play the strikers in, or that the strikers know how or when they want the ball delivered.

The result is we keep the ball for too long and give the opposition far too long to get in position.

Shake it up a bit McGlynn!

47 minutes ago, expatowner said:

It doesn't look like the midfield know when to play the strikers in, or that the strikers know how or when they want the ball delivered.

The result is we keep the ball for too long and give the opposition far too long to get in position.

I expect a number of changes, as the Friday team was crafted for a heavy pitch. With us back at Stark’s, I’d expect a more passing oriented team:

JMac

Musonda/Davo/Bene/KMac

Spencer/King/Matthews

Tait

Abraham/Kennedy

Tumilty might stay and Frankie might give Bene a day off...Armstrong could play for Tait and make it a more conventional 4-3-3...rest Hendry and let him spell King after the half. That enough?

I expect a number of changes, as the Friday team was crafted for a heavy pitch. With us back at Stark’s, I’d expect a more passing oriented team:
JMac
Musonda/Davo/Bene/KMac
Spencer/King/Matthews
Tait
Abraham/Kennedy

Tumilty might stay and Frankie might give Bene a day off...Armstrong could play for Tait and make it a more conventional 4-3-3...rest Hendry and let him spell King after the half. That enough?

Musonda has never played RB for us before and you want us to drop a known RB who hasn’t really done anything wrong to play a CH/LB there instead?

I’m glad McGlynn won’t see that as an option tbh

Considering some of the ICT masses tugging themselves silly over the exciting appointment of Billy Dodds and how he will sort out our forward line, I fully expect a bucket load of ICT goals..........so Raith to win 2-0

3 hours ago, expatowner said:

This was so obvious on Friday. I expected Raith to get a gee up at halftime but continued passing around at the back. Need to be more incisive on Tuesday.

1 hour ago, bdu98196 said:

Considering some of the ICT masses tugging themselves silly over the exciting appointment of Billy Dodds and how he will sort out our forward line, I fully expect a bucket load of ICT goals..........so Raith to win 2-0

Who on Earth has said anything positive about Billy Dodds joining!?

This 'he was a great striker so he'll get our strikers scoring' stuff is the calling card of a football moron.  Terry Butcher in his prime was one of the best centre-backs in Britain (if not Europe) and there were times under his management that our defence was terrible!

11 hours ago, Raith_Raver said:

I wouldn't be dropping Hendry for King. Abraham is an unknown to ICT so I would put him in for Ugwu who can't hit a barn door from two yards. Duku looked like he has no interest.

Barn door? Surely you’ve got banjos and coos erses in Fife like everybody else?

Not sure which of our injured players are due back but we seemed to improve in the second half on Friday.  Given the number of games we have we might rotate some players.  And by rotate I mean, point Brad Mckay in the directio of the car park and tell him to f**k off.

Edited by ICTChris

I just feel we seem to want to pass the ball too much at times, yes we’ve got some great passing players and no I don’t want us to just punt it up the field but sometimes we seem to want to let everyone have a wee touch of the ball which allows the opposition to get back in position and organise themselves. Striker at the moment is a real problem area which is crazy as we’ve actually got loads more than normal but none seem to be scoring goals. Duku hasn’t been the same this year, Ugwu one back heel against hearts aside hasn’t impressed me and Abrahams while he’s got pace is raw and can look a bit Bambi on ice at times.

12 hours ago, Raith_Raver said:

I wouldn't be dropping Hendry for King. Abraham is an unknown to ICT so I would put him in for Ugwu who can't hit a barn door from two yards. Duku looked like he has no interest.

Exactly. Proper madness. If King never played another minute for us I wouldn't be hugely disappointed. 

4 minutes ago, renton said:

Exactly. Proper madness. If King never played another minute for us I wouldn't be hugely disappointed. 

Yes, I understated that. I didn't rate King at all on Friday but to be fair he's maybe short of match fitness. But he's no Hendry.