Livi v The Submariners

Watching the highlights back this morning, that's a terrific interception/tackle from Longridge to deny Boyle (?) right on the line early in the second half. Maybe he is actually a competent LB, after all.

1 hour ago, Cptn Hooch said:

Did Iwelumo actually say that Obika has to be stronger in the tackle for Hibs' goal?? Other than them both being called Jon, there's not much similarity between Obika and Guthrie

50 minutes ago, thruthenight said:

I think he said La Vita, I think he read the messed up team sheet that had Rafa on it and still got mixed up

Yep, the bbc line up had Longridge as De Vita, Longridge was next to him when he took the shot, but Guthrie ran across him and stuck a foot out in a tackle, prob scared to put in too strong a challenge with the likelihood he'd have gone down looking for a penalty.

49 minutes ago, Afro said:

Watching the highlights back this morning, that's a terrific interception/tackle from Longridge to deny Boyle (?) right on the line early in the second half. Maybe he is actually a competent LB, after all.

Good block by Devlin too, stopping the initial shot, i expected the ball to be in the net at that point, then Longridge getting in first to clear it. Yeah he looks a decent signing, like other Livi fans i had my doubts if he'd be good enough at this level.

21 hours ago, Aim Here said:

The Livi fans need to get with the times. Diving is all part and parcel of the modern game. David Martindale is doing a fine job over there, but he clearly isn't genned up on the latest sports science and hasn't been drilling his players in the essential skills of simulation and referee perception management. Martindale should use the summer to go to Heriot Watt and get a couple of courses in adversarial sports psychology under his belt and maybe next season, Livingston, too, could be assured of European football before the league split.

Wasn't even a good dive, still got away with not being booked though.

9 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Wasn't even a good dive, still got away with not being booked though.

Didn't claim for it, slightly unclear why he would be booked?

Matt Leblanc Reaction GIFKristen Bell Idk GIF by Team Coco

On Boyle, you may also have missed that there has been no action by the compliance officer.

To be fair, he is probably as bored as the rest of us with all the weirdos crying about it.

200.gif&key=14752eceb12ab7ad0160c8523b3c368a3b71c53b2ad0aba91630a819c47fcea1200.gif&key=2ec8e3c2733097ab3dbd9112642adc50c7d094dc79ab38797f17073db97e5d8c
On Boyle, you may also have missed that there has been no action by the compliance officer.
To be fair, he is probably as bored as the rest of us with all the weirdos crying about it.
Just because he didn't claim for it doesn't mean he didn't dive looking for a penalty...he's hit the deck and was so embarrassed by his attempted dive that he kept his mouth shut...it's still a yellow

2 hours ago, Leith Green said:

Matt Leblanc Reaction GIFKristen Bell Idk GIF by Team Coco

That's because you diddies are that used to seeing your players dive it's become normal, for everyone else it's plain cheating still.

2 hours ago, TonyFerrino said:

Can you remind me how many games Hibs had to cancel this year as a result of said pitch? 

^This.

This is the mark of a good playing surface. Can you remind me how many times, if any, the managers have said that the playing conditions weren’t great at Easter Road.

For what it’s worth (admittedly, not a lot) I think the treatment Boyle received has been harsh relative to Doig who should be absolutely slaughtered for that. 

3 hours ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

That's because you diddies are that used to seeing your players dive it's become normal, for everyone else it's plain cheating still.

A livingston fan calling us ‘diddies’ 

5AA0C8D2-9572-4C08-8300-5B1BEBC50421.png

Paul McGinn, back in Jan, “It wasn’t very good at all,” said McGinn. “They scored a good goal on the break which killed us but the pitch is a bit of a mess and we were having to take an extra touch which made it all too slow.”

buT atlEaST it’s gRass !!

4 hours ago, TonyFerrino said:

Can you remind me how many games Hibs had to cancel this year as a result of said pitch? 

Dundee Utd, Dundee several games, ICT (i think), been a few more but can't be arsed looking for them, grass pitches don't guarantee the weather doesn't postpone them either, and cut up to feck over the Winter, looking like tattie fields. In the Summertime they are better than artificial pitches, but a bit of a brass neck on you calling out a plastic pitch just now when grass pitches are a state. Even one with the 2nd biggest budget got slaughtered by their own manager last week, before their European game there.