Livi v The Submariners

24 minutes ago, Leith Green said:

Glad the schools are back full time soon, you boys are desperately in need of new material.

Indeed.

7 hours ago, TonyFerrino said:

Probably slipped on that state of a pitch.  

1 hour ago, Lyle Lanley said:

Any team with these types of pitches should be voted out of the top flight. 

19 minutes ago, AJF said:

Hibs beginning to make bad diving a bit of a habit. 

Back on topic to Hibs diving problem, yes there needs to be a clamp down on this systemic Hibs diving culture.

Doig definitely could've been booked as it looked to me like "simulation", which is the word FIFA uses in the rule and Doig did appear to simulate contact. I really don't care, though, as it had zero impact on the match.

A wider point on the rule; none of "dived", "went down easily" or "exaggerated" are necessarily arguments for a ref to penalise the player. It's strictly simulation, the outright feigning of physical impediment from an opponent, which is outlawed and to be punished with a yellow. 

McFadden on Sportscene made the point that referees often tell players "I can't give you the foul, especially if its a penalty, unless you actually go down from the challenge". So oddly, we could even say "diving" is allowed, if we want to call it such. It may even be necessary given so many refs find it makes their life easier when awarding fouls. What isn't allowed is simulation.

9 hours ago, Crawford Bridge said:

These Livi oddballs remind me of the Killie supporters on here during their wee 18 month purple patch under Clarke.

It'll all come crashing down when some Welsh bus drivers knock them out of that European Conference League then.Rossface.png.243848813eff2d10b3c4b09aa4193c92.png

8 hours ago, Lyle Lanley said:

Voted out to never return to the top flight as long as they have these disgusting pitches. 

I suppose if they kick all of the teams with plastic pitches out of the top flight it should help Hibs to make it through at least a decade or so without relegation.

*no laughing at the back*

1 hour ago, HibsFan said:

It'll all come crashing down when some Welsh bus drivers knock them out of that European Conference League then.Rossface.png.243848813eff2d10b3c4b09aa4193c92.png

Tbh, i'm not ever sure we'll qualify for it. In a shootout with St J i'm not sure we are favourites (were they in the top 6 at all before the weekend?). The team that ended January included Brown and Robinson so I don't think we are as strong as when on that run. 

21 hours ago, Lyle Lanley said:

Voted out to never return to the top flight as long as they have these disgusting pitches. 

I think how it would work is they'd first have to give us notice the rules were changing for Plastic pitches not being allowed in the Premiership, and we'd then lay a grass pitch. However until such time, if it ever happens, turf shit, you'll just have to suck it up, pellets and all.

Edited by LIVIFOREVER

7 minutes ago, Crawford Bridge said:

"The best head-to-head record in the Lothians" was the thread's highlight for me.

That's what the team in the runner up of the King of The Lothian's would say. Play down the title you didn't win. 

Anyway, as I was saying, Betfred Cup, diddy cup.

3 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

That's what the team in the runner up of the King of The Lothian's would say. Play down the title you didn't win. 

Anyway, as I was saying, Betfred Cup, diddy cup.

Am I missing something here? Won't this prestigious title be decided on the 21st April? Aren't Hibs currently leading this exciting race on away goals? 

20 minutes ago, Crawford Bridge said:

Am I missing something here? Won't this prestigious title be decided on the 21st April? Aren't Hibs currently leading this exciting race on away goals? 

I had heard of the West Lothian question before, but didn't realise it was   "did you fail primary school sums?"