Clyde SSB

1 minute ago, Empty It said:

Listened to Wednesday's SSB this morning people talking about Gerrard "tainting his legacy if he goes to Villa". The OF cult really is beyond delusional.

Yup.  This.👆

Delusional dafties slating a guy for going to work in a bigger league with better players at his disposal for 3 or 4 times the salary.... Of course they would never leave a job for triple salary.🥴

20 minutes ago, AlbionSaint said:

To be fair, when was the last time Villa has looked a force in English football? For years their level was mid-table mediocrity in England, before eventually getting relegated. 

Gerrard's not going to win anything meaningful there - and I no longer consider the FA Cup meaningful, given that it's mostly a reserve competition for the big clubs these days. At Rangers he had an excellent chance of domestically winning silverware every season, and a crack at the Champions League next season.

The reason he went south was because his family still lives down there, apparently.

It’s hardly going to get him any recognition as a manager, winning some trophies in a 2 horse race. 

42 minutes ago, AndyM said:

Yup.  This.👆

Delusional dafties slating a guy for going to work in a bigger league with better players at his disposal for 3 or 4 times the salary.... Of course they would never leave a job for triple salary.🥴

add to the above, sleeps in his own bed every night, in his own house. sees his family everyday, and when he's at work, he's only an hour and a half away.

Edited by Meldrew

44 minutes ago, AlbionSaint said:

To be fair, when was the last time Villa has looked a force in English football? For years their level was mid-table mediocrity in England, before eventually getting relegated. 

Gerrard's not going to win anything meaningful there - and I no longer consider the FA Cup meaningful, given that it's mostly a reserve competition for the big clubs these days. At Rangers he had an excellent chance of domestically winning silverware every season, and a crack at the Champions League next season.

The reason he went south was because his family still lives down there, apparently.

in england taking Villa to 8 or 9th would be seen as a bigger achievement than winning #2  {56 for the delusional}

56 minutes ago, AlbionSaint said:

They don't need to win the league, but they do need to be in it. He'll be considered a success of he moves them up a few places.

2 hours ago, Meldrew said:

haven't listened to it for ages but tuned in this week, when i was walking the dog, tuesday and wednesday there was a lot of , ''naw, he's going nowhere, why would he leave rangers for anyone other than liverpool?''

and the pundits giving it, i think he'll stay or should stay, build his cv, which is nonsense, trophies won in scotland mean f**k all to the english

True

Especially in Gerrard's case when he had won 1 in 9 of them so far! I believe he only got to 1 cup final in his time too.

Really poor record given the resources he had.

3 hours ago, Empty It said:

First boy on Thursdays SSB from Yorkshire "I've got a cardboard cutout of stevie in my room and I've had to make him face the wall, I can't stand to look at him" The cult are genuinely OFTW.

Did Celtic fans have cardboard Brendans?

Used to quite like the one on Forth 2 (whatever it was called at the time), and the live game commentary was better than the current BBC standard. At the time it was Mark Donaldson and Craig Paterson.

You couldn’t pay me enough to sit and listen to bunch of smelly deluded Old Firm supporters phoning High Kevin’s to whine about the fortunes of their bigoted clubs in a perennial two horse race.

21 hours ago, AlbionSaint said:

But it’s worthless silverware in Scotland if you are Celtic or “Rangers”. There is no merit or sporting achievement in it. It is utterly hollow and meaningless and I say that as a lifelong Celtic fan.

Fans of either club who wet themselves about winning the league or cups in Scotland are the kind of morons who phone into SSB.