Clyde SSB

I know it's completely low level facetious stuff but I would happily receive said abuse for the money they're on. Like I'd do it 9-5 and a few weekend shifts here and there. I'd let people throw rotten fruit and veg for time and a half.

Just now, SANTAN said:

I know it's completely low level facetious stuff but I would happily receive said abuse for the money they're on. Like I'd do it 9-5 and a few weekend shifts here and there. I'd let people throw rotten fruit and veg for time and a half.

For Messi money they could call me whatever they want, I’d even join in 

8 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

For Messi money they could call me whatever they want, I’d even join in 

Jesus, I was just thinking about Charlie Adam money, I'm not even going to think about what I'd do for the Messi Money. 

2 hours ago, Proposition Joe said:

Ah yes, football, the only industry that takes abuse from the general public.

But it's one of the few I can think of where 1000s of folk turn up en masse with the intention of doing so, as they see it as part of the experience they're paying for. 

Wandered into this thread thinking it was something to do with a radio show, seems it's not that at all. 

My tuppence worth which will probably get flamed is that for all the (correct) views expressed about abusing people because of race/religion etc nobody seems particularly bothered by the term 'whore'. Dreadful word IMO. Women (and men) who actively chose to sell sex, rare as they may be, don't deserve to be castigated with terms like that and much less the people who are exploited, coerced, physically forced etc into a truly horrible life. Might be me being a  'snowflake' but there you go.

58 minutes ago, Valentino Bolognese said:

But it's one of the few I can think of where 1000s of folk turn up en masse with the intention of doing so, as they see it as part of the experience they're paying for. 

True, but football is slightly different in the sense that there isn't 1000's of McDonald's fans who have a sizeable emotional and financial investment in the fortunes of the restaurant and the fast food industry.

1 hour ago, Valentino Bolognese said:

My tuppence worth which will probably get flamed is that for all the (correct) views expressed about abusing people because of race/religion etc nobody seems particularly bothered by the term 'whore'. Dreadful word IMO. Women (and men) who actively chose to sell sex, rare as they may be, don't deserve to be castigated with terms like that and much less the people who are exploited, coerced, physically forced etc into a truly horrible life. Might be me being a  'snowflake' but there you go.

It's a word almost as old as time and has been used for close to a 1000 years to describe sex workers.

I certainly agree with the sentiment though.

32 minutes ago, Proposition Joe said:

True, but football is slightly different in the sense that there isn't 1000's of McDonald's fans who have a sizeable emotional and financial investment in the fortunes of the restaurant and the fast food industry.

I think StandFree would disagree if that fat f**k still posted here. 

On 25/08/2021 at 17:50, Meldrew said:

''that's just the way it is in this city''.....ffs, you quickly tire listening to that pish, you'd think Glasgow and the surrounding are was the only place on earth with an intense football rivalry 

See also when ever anything bad happens in Glasgow. Helicopter into a pub? Rake of people mown down by a bin lorry? Glasgow managed to come together and pull through. What, like literally no other town or city in the world would do? Are we meant to celebrate the fact there not knocking shit out of each other over whose flavour of the same sky fairy is the best for a few days and acting like normal people?

7 minutes ago, HeWhoWalksBehindTheRows said:

See also when ever anything bad happens in Glasgow. Helicopter into a pub? Rake of people mown down by a bin lorry? Glasgow managed to come together and pull through. What, like literally no other town or city in the world would do? Are we meant to celebrate the fact there not knocking shit out of each other over whose flavour of the same sky fairy is the best for a few days and acting like normal people?

if i may go off on a tangent for one second, my personal favourite about a never say die city was ''Boston Strong''  terrorist b*****ds this and terrorist b*****ds that, all from a city who raised a huge amount of money and shipped tons of guns and explosive to Ireland for ''The RA''