Clyde SSB

8 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

In what way does that song imply she is a whore? 

Because she supposedly had sex with a Celtic fan once and he kept a trophy?

You can say you find the song in bad taste which is fine if that’s your opinion but comparing it to calling someone a sex offender or racist abuse?

It's about grown men pumping her and having her damp pants as a trophy.

Where did anyone compare it to racist abuse or calling someone a sex offender? Ffs. 

It's still personal abuse and is nowhere near being acceptable. It's not even directed at a player on the pitch. Horrendous.

7 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

It's about grown men pumping her and having her damp pants as a trophy.

Where did anyone compare it to racist abuse or calling someone a sex offender? Ffs. 

It's still personal abuse and is nowhere near being acceptable. It's not even directed at a player on the pitch. Horrendous.

Man not men. Singular not plural. 

People have sex mate, it’s allowed. Doesn’t make her a whore or suggest it. 

As i said i have no issue with it being considered distasteful because of it being about a players family member so it’s a perfectly valid argument to suggest it has no place in football. 

And who is comparing it? Well i would have assumed that was a obvious considering the debate that has followed 🤷‍♂️

8 minutes ago, Drew Brees said:

Comparing this to racism, hiya Charlie  

“Charlie Adam's Sisters Pants Are The Best.

You could smell them from the east to the west. 

They are better when soiled and damp, Charlie Adam's sister's pants”.

You're evidently thick as f**k.

17 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

Man not men. Singular not plural. 

People have sex mate, it’s allowed. Doesn’t make her a whore or suggest it. 

As i said i have no issue with it being considered distasteful because of it being about a players family member so it’s a perfectly valid argument to suggest it has no place in football. 

And who is comparing it? Well i would have assumed that was a obvious considering the debate that has followed 🤷‍♂️

'You could smell them east from west' - Aye, right enough.

You'd have maybe read the discussion that followed in this thread and others then.

45 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

You can say you find the song in bad taste which is fine if that’s your opinion but comparing it to calling someone a sex offender or racist abuse?

If that is true, the Celtic fan is the sex offender. Although to be honest if someone was waving a pair of scants about and claiming the were a trophy from a sexual conquest I'd be more inclined to think he'd bought them online.

1 hour ago, Drew Brees said:

Ye, one is racism and the other is banter. Do you need the difference between the 2 explained to you??? 

Fucking wow man. 

What's to stop the Rangers fans saying they were just indulging in a bit of lads lads lads banter by singing the Kyogo song? Who gets to define what abuse crosses the line when the individual clearly states it affects them. 

44 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

And you can pipe down as well. You were on here last week comparing racism to getting ridiculed for worshopping a make believe figure in the sky.

21 minutes ago, Drew Brees said:

Comparing this to racism, hiya Charlie  

“Charlie Adam's Sisters Pants Are The Best.

You could smell them from the east to the west. 

They are better when soiled and damp, Charlie Adam's sister's pants”.

Ach, the Rangers fans were just singing a daft song and pulling their eyes to the side, what's the big deal?

10 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

It's really quite galling that people are saying, 'it's nothing' or 'that's tame' when Adam has stated that it has having an impact on his sister and her wee boys when they come to watch him play.

Imagine how you'd feel as a 13/14 (no idea the age) year old lad with a whole stand chanting that your mum is a whore basically anytime you wanted to watch your uncle play football. Horrific behaviour from some people on here defending that sort of thing and some in other threads actively encouraging it or saying, 'Well done on bringing attention to it'. 

Or indeed in Cummings case, being called a paedophile for a large section of fans because you dared score against your old team.

As has been said, the only thing Adam did wrong was pick the wrong moment to air this point when he should have focused more on the point at hand, but even then he wasn't equating the abuse he received with racism. He was pointing out the horrific stuff all footballers need to put up with in the modern era and pointing to his own personal example. 

Your not this daft.

When he said it is precisely the issue people are talking about.

It's out of the school of "gingers get picked on/folk who wear glasses get picked on/actually women can abuse their partners too" school of minimising abuse.

The above are all bad things in isolation.

Charlie Adams sister getting abuse is shite behaviour and should be called out.

I don't think he meant to minimise I just think he is stupid.

3 minutes ago, CCB19035 said:

The fact that it's racist. 

You are now officially trying to equate a song about damp punts' to someone making slit eyes and singing racist songs. 

Heads gone thread, IMHO. 

Ah so we've got there in the end:

Racist abuse = illegal = bad

Personal family abuse = not illegal = banter/fair game

You c***s are thick as f**k. You need something legislated before you realise it's out of order and just as likely to affect the individual. I'll bet you the dozens/hundreds/thousands who did monkey chants and threw bananas at Mark Walters thought it was all just a laugh until the threat of jail put them off it. 

Think for yourself you thick cretin. 

18 minutes ago, Dee Man said:

And you can pipe down as well. You were on here last week comparing racism to getting ridiculed for worshopping a make believe figure in the sky.

Being ridiculed for “worshipping a make believe figure in the sky” is religious intolerance. 

So maybe it’s you that needs to pipe the f**k down

5 minutes ago, Dee Man said:

Ah so we've got there in the end:

Racist abuse = illegal = bad

Personal family abuse = not illegal = banter/fair game

You c***s are thick as f**k. You need something legislated before you realise it's out of order and just as likely to affect the individual. I'll bet you the dozens/hundreds/thousands who did monkey chants and threw bananas at Mark Walters thought it was all just a laugh until the threat of jail put them off it. 

Think for yourself you thick cretin. 

So your are making a point about how personal abuse shouldn’t be considered fair game or banter then proceed to call people thick c***s and cretins.

Remind me why anyone should take you seriously?

6 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

Being ridiculed for “worshipping a make believe figure in the sky” is religious intolerance. 

So maybe it’s you that needs to pipe the f**k down

I am totally intolerant of religion - what of it?

3 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

So your are making a point about how personal abuse shouldn’t be considered fair game or banter then proceed to call people thick c***s and cretins.

Remind me why anyone should take you seriously?

Because it wasn't banter when I was calling people thick c***s and cretins, I was being deadly serious. 

13 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

Can't we just agree that all abuse is bad?

no, because that isnt factually correct, i found drug abuse very enjoyable for a period of time in my younger days.

Edited by Meldrew