Celtic and Hearts B Teams in Lowland League?

falski

1 hour ago, Pyramid Watcher said:

It’s on the agenda, got a copy this morning when I questioned someone about the Colts -

Dates of next meetings
A General Meeting will take place at the ………….. on Monday 21 March 2022 with a 19:30 start and the following agenda:
1. Apologies for absence
2. Minute of previous General Meeting
3. Fanbase presentation
4. Increased promotion/relegation between Tiers 5 and 6
5. National cup competition for non-SPFL clubs
6. Guest club participation
7. Any Other Business

I guess it's time for the LL clubs to grow a backbone and stick to their promise that it was a one-off.

9 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

Only a season aye?   Rats 🐀

To be fair that was the agreement, it would have been naive to think they weren’t going to ask again, it doesn’t mean it’s going to happen though.

Edited by Pyramid Watcher

If the OF B teams were scrubbed from the standings there would be a few changes at the moment.

image.png.56afb24fcf4e861c46f79971af42b180.png

Berwick Rangers on current form are likely to end up in 4th spot to gain a SPFL Trust Trophy qualification.

At the bottom end there's no real issue this season, but if they did expand relegation going forward it does show how Cumbernauld Colts would be in a trickier position. They've picked up 4 points over the OF and i'm pretty sure one of those games coincided with an International weekend.

43 minutes ago, Deanburn Dave said:
45 minutes ago, come on shire said:
Number 5? 
Isn't that the South Challenge Cup? 

Guessing there's a proposal to includes the Highlanders

From what I've read the WoS have put together a proposal to that effect, i.e. expanding the SCC to make it national in scope for the entire pyramid. Hopefully this issue doesn't become derailed by the usual senior vs junior blazer politics.

43 minutes ago, Burnieman said:

I guess it's time for the LL clubs to grow a backbone and stick to their promise that it was a one-off.

^^^By way of a fact check what was actually stated at the time can be gauged from this article in the Daily Record:

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/local-sport/celtic-rangers-colts-categorically-one-24053717

...Some fear the Colt teams could become a regular fixture in the division, but Fraser has insisted that is not the case, with an earlier proposal for Colt teams to be accepted into the SPFL's League Two still under consideration...

It was only a one year deal because the OF colts still wanted into League Two for 2022-23. That's not happening and the Club 42 rule has now been adjusted to be compatible with the presence of "guest teams" so we are where we are. This saga will repeat every year around this time until either the LL tell them to GTF or the SPFL invite them in.

This type of thing was a it reservation in joining a pyramid. It should make sense, but there are always clubs or individuals who will bend the principles for a narrower agenda than the greater good.

That might have also happened in the juniors anyway,  but it seems worse the higher you go.

1 hour ago, Burnieman said:

The SJFA have offered to run a national cup competition for tier 6 and below, with the same rules/flaws as have always been.

At a recent EoSFL meeting, that was about as popular as a dose of Covid in your squad.

I believe the HFL are not interested in any form of national non-league cup.

I wonder if Highland and Lowland (colt teams not included) beyond just the normal 2 invites would be up for all playing in the Challenge cup with the tiers 2-4 so 64 clubs in total. Assume regionalised for first couple rounds.

To be fair, articles about this so far are just a load of speculation. Hopefully common sense prevails and they'll be shown the door. It's very clear that few, if any, of the promises materialised and their inclusion hasn't worked out like some hope it would. Get rid of them.

Imagine working to get your clubs involved in a proper big-boy pyramid system with theoretical access to the top of the game, then voting to turn your league into a training exercise to reinforce the position of vastly wealthier clumpanies.

21 minutes ago, Marten said:

To be fair, articles about this so far are just a load of speculation. Hopefully common sense prevails and they'll be shown the door. It's very clear that few, if any, of the promises materialised and their inclusion hasn't worked out like some hope it would. Get rid of them.

Broadcast deal ❌

Sponsorship 🤏 Just got a sponsor as the season was coming to end. Hardly clear if the OF B teams played a part in that.

Attendances 🤏The conservative estimate of 500 x2 x £5 hasn't exactly come to pass. Although cumulatively and factoring a higher average price they might meet that.

image.png.5db0823b654709ecce87c769e198c443.png

Player Development from u18s to 1st team 🤏 Both clubs have been creating their own blockade with teenage signings from outside Scotland: Juan Alegria, Joey Dawson, Bosun Lawal, Charlie McCann, Johnly Yfeko, Kevin Ciubotaru, Johnny Kenny. They have at least kept it to a majority of Scottish players most of the time, if only a simple majority of +1.

Sporting integrity 🤏 Things look like they'll work out this season overall. However, take the OF results out the table it would look different. There's also been complaints over the weakened teams during International weekends.

1 hour ago, Busta Nut said:

f**k it, if they are gettin in I want a Motherwell B team involved.

While B teams are a pestilential boil on the face of Scottish football, you are quite right.

If Scumbag FC 1 and 2 are allowed in, then every other Premiership team should be offered a space too. Hell, why not open it up to the full SPFL.

12 minutes ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

While B teams are a pestilential boil on the face of Scottish football, you are quite right.

If Scumbag FC 1 and 2 are allowed in, then every other Premiership team should be offered a space too. Hell, why not open it up to the full SPFL.

I agree, if they get the option. So should they all.