Tory Lies, Corruption and Hypocrisy- Add Them Here

HTG

49 minutes ago, Thistle_do_nicely said:

Think parties themselves ought to fund something like this if they want it?

Also would surely think MP's could make money doing all sorts once turfed out, surely - speaking on politics courses at universities, consultancy, all sorts.

Fucking Jim Murphy walked into a Director role at some charity ffs.

MPs aren’t employed by their party though so why is it the party’s responsibility to help people once they’ve lost their employment?

8 minutes ago, Left Back said:

MPs aren’t employed by their party though so why is it the party’s responsibility to help people once they’ve lost their employment?

certainly isnt the fucking taxpayers beyond standard unemployment!

Pretty sure there's loss of income insurance schemes out there, doubt they're so impoverished they can't just get one of those. edit: ahhh, not *quite*, googled it out of curiousity as posting that made me wonder if I should look into it, ha, but looks like they only typically cover redundancy...

Edited by Thistle_do_nicely

20 minutes ago, Left Back said:

Wondering why there’s no criticism of the similar schemes run by the Scottish and Welsh assembles or is it only theft/grift when done by Westminster?

Why stop there? We should've immediately started researching similar scams in administrations across the globe and started a Top 5 for corruption and self-interest.

Let's meet back in six months and present our papers.

18 minutes ago, Thistle_do_nicely said:

certainly isnt the fucking taxpayers beyond standard unemployment!

Pretty sure there's loss of income insurance schemes out there, doubt they're so impoverished they can't just get one of those. edit: ahhh, not *quite*, googled it out of curiousity as posting that made me wonder if I should look into it, ha, but looks like they only typically cover redundancy...

So no public sector employer should have an outplacement scheme?

8 minutes ago, BFTD said:

Why stop there? We should've immediately started researching similar scams in administrations across the globe and started a Top 5 for corruption and self-interest.

Let's meet back in six months and present our papers.

You didn’t need to do any research.  The quoted article stated that similar services are provided to MSPs and the Welsh equivalent.

Were you so busy getting outraged you didn’t bother reading the article?

Of all the things to get upset about this  one is a belter unless you’re going to condemn it for all.

They can try a 'Stop the Boats' mantra if they like at the GE..difference is this time they will be out-gammoned by the gammon's gammon, Farage and co, over at Reform UK, with their 'net zero immigration' pitch which will have the blue rinse,Daily Mail brigade lining up to vote for them.

44 minutes ago, Left Back said:

You didn’t need to do any research.  The quoted article stated that similar services are provided to MSPs and the Welsh equivalent.

Were you so busy getting outraged you didn’t bother reading the article?

Of all the things to get upset about this  one is a belter unless you’re going to condemn it for all.

Well, I tried, but they use such big words on the BBC.

Do you genuinely think I, or anyone else, think politicians in other administrations deserve a pass when we don't include them in criticism of Westminster, or is this contrarian pedantry?

15 minutes ago, BFTD said:

Well, I tried, but they use such big words on the BBC.

Do you genuinely think I, or anyone else, think politicians in other administrations deserve a pass when we don't include them in criticism of Westminster, or is this contrarian pedantry?

I don’t recall anyone criticising the Scottish (or Welsh) parliament for these actions.  The posts were all outrage at westminster doing exactly the same as others do so yes, you’re giving other administrations a pass by not mentioning them as the article did.

2 minutes ago, Left Back said:

I don’t recall anyone criticising the Scottish (or Welsh) parliament for these actions.  The posts were all outrage at westminster doing exactly the same as others do so yes, you’re giving other administrations a pass by not mentioning them as the article did.

So the latter, then.

20 minutes ago, Joey Jo Jo Junior Shabadoo said:

Party in government introduces benefits for outgoing MPs when it becomes apparent they’re getting a shoeing at the next election. There’s your difference.

Sigh.

This is all cross party stuff, even the original report that recommended it.

I realise “Tory bad” and “Westminster bad” is fashionable and default round here but put some thought into it ffs.

2 minutes ago, Left Back said:

I look forward to reading not only your disgust at why MSP’s are offered this service but also the condemnation of whoever decided it should be put in place.

Not interested in why representatives of other parliaments mentioned in the article aren't being brutally savaged on here, then? I notice you've given no opinion on any of those involved at all yourself. Because you've decided to be pedantic and contrarian tonight, for whatever reason.

I slagged off Boris Johnson for being a c**t earlier when other cunty world leaders were mentioned in linked materials. Off you pop to complain about that now.

9 minutes ago, BFTD said:

Not interested in why representatives of other parliaments mentioned in the article aren't being brutally savaged on here, then? I notice you've given no opinion on any of those involved at all yourself. Because you've decided to be pedantic and contrarian tonight, for whatever reason.

I slagged off Boris Johnson for being a c**t earlier when other cunty world leaders were mentioned in linked materials. Off you pop to complain about that now.

I tend to stick to, and discuss, a topic rather than lump every issue into an over-riding opinion.  I think it’s rational but you feel free to bash on however you like.

If you want my opinion I’m quite happy to say outplacement is a load of w**k and no taxpayer (or private company money imo but it’s up to them) should be spent on it, by any organisation.

That’s not why I commented though.  I was commenting on the hypocrisy of those (like yourself) saying it is grift at Westminster while not saying it’s the same elsewhere.

Calling Johnson a c**t (which I think he is for many reasons) doesn’t make you any less a hypocrit.

Keep digging if it pleases you.

8 hours ago, Jedi2 said:

They can try a 'Stop the Boats' mantra if they like at the GE..difference is this time they will be out-gammoned by the gammon's gammon, Farage and co, over at Reform UK, with their 'net zero immigration' pitch which will have the blue rinse,Daily Mail brigade lining up to vote for them.

Oh no! Sir Keith will be upset that his thunder is being stolen.

On 23/11/2023 at 15:36, Fullerene said:

Did the rest of them come over in big boats?

Asking for a friend.

It has emerged this morning......Yes.

Seems the Tory trumpeting about reducing the number of crossings by a third is moot as the number of actual people crossing is only down a seventh. Seems the boat gangs are using larger vessels meaning fewer crossings required to carry the same number of people as it's more profitable to them. As always there are lies, damn lies and statistics.