Tory Lies, Corruption and Hypocrisy- Add Them Here

HTG

The Conservative peer Michelle Mone assured the government that she was not entitled to “any financial benefit whatsoever” from a PPE company, five months before £29m of its profits were transferred into a trust for her benefit.

Guardian.

Just now, Dan Steele said:

The Conservative peer Michelle Mone assured the government that she was not entitled to “any financial benefit whatsoever” from a PPE company, five months before £29m of its profits were transferred into a trust for her benefit.

Guardian.

Yes, I would love it, Keegan style, if she was to get jailed.

Screenshot_20240207_152259_Chrome.thumb.jpg.e3c56f837b821d890692d5e771572fd4.jpg

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2024/feb/07/leak-reveals-michelle-mone-told-government-she-would-not-benefit-financially-from-ppe-firm-medpro

1 hour ago, Steelly said:

I am no fan of the Conservatives but to compare them to nazi's is way over the top.

Being a teacher I really hope that you do not teach our kids politics or share with them your political views.

As a teacher I would have thought you would have had the intelligence to see what is happening in front of your very eyes! But, maybe teachers nowadays in Scotland aren't of the standard and professionalism they were.

32 minutes ago, Highlandmagar said:

As a teacher I would have thought you would have had the intelligence to see what is happening in front of your very eyes! But, maybe teachers nowadays in Scotland aren't of the standard and professionalism they were.

Sorry Highlandmagar you have got this wrong. 

Oops.... The Chief Secretary to the Treasury.....

"Appearing on BBC Radio 4's PM programme, Ms Trott was asked how the government can afford potential tax cuts ahead of the next election, given that one of Rishi Sunak's five key pledges is to reduce national debt.

She said: "The central pledge... is that debt needs to be falling over the five-year fiscal forecast as a percentage of GDP, which it is."

Presenter Evan Davis, a former economist, interjected, telling her the debt is set to be "higher in five years than now" and pointing to the latest projections.

She maintained debt is falling as a percentage of GDP, but when challenged again, Ms Trott appeared to start saying "I'm not sure", to which Davis replied: "This is really basic... I'm amazed that you don't know that debt is rising."

Source - https://news.sky.com/story/laura-trott-accused-of-not-knowing-basic-facts-of-her-job-after-questions-over-debt-13067047

Nope, nothing to see here, move along quietly now....

That's Donald Cameron, the self styled "Lochiel" away to take ermine and swapping Holyrood for the House of Lords. Looking on the bright side, this'll free up a space for a new tory list msp to represent the highlands. 

1 hour ago, awnawawnaw said:

has anybody mentioned £600000 or a camper van and a jag yet. people in glass houses and all that. mr salmond would have something to add if he wasn't as guilty as sin

Yes, but you are on the wrong thread for that. what you are doing here might just be mistaken for whataboutary.

Not much of a point being made either way since nearly all politicians are corrupt, its just which ones are less corrupt than the others.

12 hours ago, Artie said:

Yes, but you are on the wrong thread for that. what you are doing here might just be mistaken for whataboutary.

Not much of a point being made either way since nearly all politicians are corrupt, its just which ones are less corrupt than the others.

I'm afraid I'm a new member and have no intentions of searching the whole forum to discover what you so helpfully explained. so it wasn't whataboutary as I had no idea of what had been posted elsewhere. i do agree with your point about politicians but the snp did promise/lie to do things differently. most on here seem to want to believe the snp lies than anybody else's lies. i don't agree with the level of corruption point that most politicians are corrupt -in cold blood- at least as they are all emotionally captured and don't rely on reason alone so don't see themselves as being biased or corrupt.

Edited by awnawawnaw

42 minutes ago, awnawawnaw said:

I'm afraid I'm a new member and have no intentions of searching the whole forum to discover what you so helpfully explained. so it wasn't whataboutary as I had no idea of what had been posted elsewhere. i do agree with your point about politicians but the snp did promise/lie to do things differently. most on here seem to want to believe the snp lies than anybody else's lies. i don't agree with the level of corruption point that most politicians are corrupt -in cold blood- at least as they are all emotionally captured and don't rely on reason alone so don't see themselves as being biased or corrupt.

Why have you joined a Scottish football forum to post exclusively in the politics section?

52 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:

Ahhh right, I suspect the actual words you were looking for were multi banned sock puppet but new member just slipped out as is always the case.

i take it your job on here is to play the daftie. laddie.  just like honest john. but more likely just scared of being exposed as a big daft laddie. 

59 minutes ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

Why have you joined a Scottish football forum to post exclusively in the politics section?

I have no interest in football but this forum has a political reputation of being full of silly boys wanting to change the world/scotland. the funny thing is they believe they make a difference.

10 minutes ago, awnawawnaw said:

I have no interest in football but this forum has a political reputation of being full of silly boys wanting to change the world/scotland. the funny thing is they believe they make a difference.

Screenshot_2021-10-28-15-36-47-821_com.facebook.katana.jpg

i don't agree with the level of corruption point that most politicians are corrupt -in cold blood- at least as they are all emotionally captured and don't rely on reason alone so don't see themselves as being biased or corrupt.

its-just-gibberish-bender.gif.1d32f4dfb4f3f52a532ce21fcd3b6760.gif

14 minutes ago, awnawawnaw said:

I see.

Have you considered getting a fucking life? 

2 hours ago, awnawawnaw said:

my time is so precious that I simply have no option but to chose one thread at random to post my trolling nonsense on......

Where does this reputation come from?