Tory Lies, Corruption and Hypocrisy- Add Them Here

HTG

3 minutes ago, RiG said:

Get me off this island.

I mean what did you expect...

"BBC London went to Uxbridge"

Easiest gig any BBC reporter will ever have, find a tory in a very safe seat, and ask them why they like the tories. What's more it just happens to be a short drive from your studio. Wraps things up nicely.

Edited by Ric

7 minutes ago, Highlandmagyar Tier 3 said:

Scottish Tory leader Rossie boy calling for Johnson's resignation. 

Smart move, Boris is toast, there's kudos to be gained by bsing the first to acknowledge this and saying so.

Still strange to see the Scottish Tories doing more to disprove therir branch office statue than Scottish Labour.

Typed less than an hour sfter having my eyes dilated so it's all a bit blury.....

6 minutes ago, Ric said:

I mean what did you expect...

"BBC London went to Uxbridge"

Easiest gig any BBC reporter will ever have, find a tory in a very safe seat, and ask them why they like the tories. What's more it just happens to be a short drive from your studio. Wraps things up nicely.

Uxbridge isn’t a very safe seat. It is Boris’s own seat though, so not a surprise that he has fans there 

2 minutes ago, btb said:

Smart move, Boris is toast, there's kudos to be gained by bsing the first to acknowledge this and saying so.

Still strange to see the Scottish Tories doing more to disprove therir branch office statue than Scottish Labour.

Typed less than an hour sfter having my eyes dilated so it's all a bit blury.....

Indeed. Ana's Sarwar doesn't have the bottle to upset the London Labour hierarchy. But as Ric says, Ross' statement isn't done out of any honourable gesture. It is just pure opportunism, a very Tory trait.

It's got to be hard for Ross to make such a bold statement via the press.

Of course some wags amongst you may have already realised that he only did that after Blackford had done so, and had done it to his face while being broadcast to the nation.

But, yeah, let's give wee Doogie his moment in the sun. Typical tories, behind the curve at every single turn.

1 minute ago, Donathan said:

Uxbridge isn’t a very safe seat. It is Boris’s own seat though, so not a surprise that he has fans there 

Fair. Very safe is perhaps over egging that pudding. I feel the point still stands though.

Edited by Ric

I think he's done for this time.
Not only is there no right answer available to him today, but there's not even a better one.
If he tries humble apology, he's admitting to breaking the law and lying to the house.
If he doesn't, he's insulting everyone, further enraging public and back bench opinion.

I might be wrong, but I cannot see how he comes through this.
As predicted by many he's gone for the insult people's intelligence response.

4 minutes ago, Ric said:

It's got to be hard for Ross to make such a bold statement via the press.

Of course some wags amongst you may have already realised that he only did that after Blackford had done so, and had done it to his face while being broadcast to the nation.

But, yeah, let's give wee Doogie his moment in the sun. Typical tories, behind the curve at every single turn.

Just like Nicola regarding lifting needless restrictions.

I wonder if Ross is looking to topple Jack.

No comment at all from him, yet you'd expect the journos to have contacted the Secretary of State for Scotland for a response considering the context.

Let's be honest here, wee Doogie loves his second (and third, and fourth?) job.

43 minutes ago, Ric said:

I wonder if Ross is looking to topple Jack.

The only person who can fire Jack and promote Ross is the PM and given Wee Doogie has hardly endeared himself to Johnson by  calling for his head...

I suspect he'll find himself 'running the line' for a while yet.

14 minutes ago, TONTROOPER said:

The only person who can fire Jack and promote Ross is the PM and given Wee Doogie has hardly endeared himself to Johnson by  calling for his head...

I suspect he'll find himself 'running the line' for a while yet.

I was meaning in a government sans Johnson.

Tell you what though, I see a good chunk of tory MSPs have backed Ross' call for Johnson to go. That should be interesting if he doesn't.

Edited by Ric

2 minutes ago, Ric said:

I was meaning in a government sans Johnson.

Tell you what though, I see a good chunk of tory MSPs have backed Ross' call for Johnson to go. That should be interesting if he doesn't.

Personally...I think Jack is keeping his head low until he can see which way the wind is blowing.

A lot being made of those Tories coming out publicly against the walking cadaver but fair fucks to the one or two committing political suicide that have publicly backed him today. No matter how this plays out they have totally screwed their political careers. I can only assume they were planning on stepping down at the next election anyway.