Tory Lies, Corruption and Hypocrisy- Add Them Here

HTG

13 minutes ago, Salt n Vinegar said:

In the HoC, Wishart just invited JRM to apologise to Ross and the Scottish Tories. Courageously, with due regard to the important role Scotland plays in the UK, JRM made no mention of it in his "reply". 

But he did also say

[Ross] holds office within the Conservative party. It seems to me that people who hold office ought to support the leader of the party. That is the honourable and proper thing to do.

Does he know what honourable means?

The utmost irony is, of course, the Scottish Tories would increase their vote share in an independent Scotland.

Yet down to a very narrow political ideological point they are entrenched in a position that will only harm them.

28 minutes ago, Soapy FFC said:

But he did also say

Does he know what honourable means?

As for the loyalty bit, that has always been the problem for unionist parties in Scotland.

Do their Scottish leaders speak for the people of Scotland, or do they speak for the national party and its national leader in Scotland, regardless of what the people in Scotland think of that party's policies or leader? 

If Ross is taking a stand, well, it's about time, but he is trying to ride two horses at the same time and that rarely ends well. 

53 minutes ago, Ric said:

He knows what contrition is, and he's expecting it, after all it's what Mogg demands from his many servants.

You make him sound like some kind of monster. The servants get two half-Sundays off a year to take the steam train to Margate. Look how happy they are!

DE16C0CF-60D9-46D1-B7C5-BBEE5D903465.jpeg

3 minutes ago, Antlion said:

You make him sound like some kind of monster. The servants get two half-Sundays off a year to take the steam train to Margate. Look how happy they are!

DE16C0CF-60D9-46D1-B7C5-BBEE5D903465.jpeg

Ah thought that was the 20-21 St Mirren woman's team the one in the middle is holding the team ball.

2 minutes ago, WhiteRoseKillie said:

I think that might be why he used the past tense..

Weird question, right enough, though.

It's a dig at me, I mean I'm fine with it, all banter, but it relates to a post I made in another thread.

21 hours ago, effeffsee_the2nd said:

If that’s the contempt they have for one of their own imagine their views on the rest of us

I think this is the point.

As someone who enjoys insulting Scottish Tories, it's odd that seeing others do it actually feels a bit irksome. 

It does though.  Combine Rees-Mogg's remarks with Johnson's dismissal yesterday of a parliamentary question because its asker was in "the Scottish Nationalist Party" and Gove's derisive references to Elgin, and you genuinely have complete contempt for Scotland.

I think when embattled like this, we see the true colours of these b*****ds even more starkly.  Ross clearly is a wee tosser, but the way he's been spoken of in regard to this, really does shine light on how Scotland is seen.  It's probably a good thing that it's so evident.

Edited by Monkey Tennis

1 hour ago, Clown Job said:

"I genuinely believe that the UK is not remotely a corrupt country and I genuinely think that our institutions are not corrupt.

Boris Johnson, November 2021

It's awkward for the police, if the police discovered a garden party with 30 people back then they'd just tell everyone to go home, no charges unless they refused, and they certainly wouldn't investigate one 18 months later. 

One poll now has Labour 10 points ahead...surely if they can build momentum off the back of this, it doesn't matter who the Tory leader is, the next GE is there to be won.

Also, a fair chance that a Labour govt would agree to a Referendum in return for SNP support in the Commons.